Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the teachers were the literary class
(b) there was a literary class
(c) the priests were the literary class
(d) there was no literary class
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to sing
(b) to dance
(c) to present the author's views and opinions
(d) to answer questions from the audience
6. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(b) dictated to by the priests
(c) not creative
(d) limited by his mind and what he saw
7. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
8. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
9. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(b) ornate style
(c) abstract concepts
(d) the beauty of common things
10. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
11. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
12. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
13. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) the fairness of the ruler
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) belief in God
14. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
15. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(b) the Bible
(c) the Greeks
(d) the Hebrews
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The Greeks _________________________.
4. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
5. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)