|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. Euripides wrote the Trojan Women to _______________________________.
(a) glorify war
(b) explain the effects of the war between Athens and Sparta
(c) glorify the victors of war
(d) show how war appears to and affects captive women
3. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(d) King Lear
4. Greek tragedy came into being because _______________________________________.
(a) Greek thinking revealed that there was an injustice inherent in nature
(b) there was a lot of tragedy in everyday life
(c) life was characterized by human misery
(d) Greek audiences like tear-jerkers
5. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
(d) history of the fight with Persia
Short Answer Questions
1. Thucydides feels that the Athenians lost the war because they were ________________.
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
3. Aeschylus was ______________________.
4. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
5. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)