|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
(a) for the upper classes only
(b) for men only
(c) enjoyed by both men and women
(d) for athletes only
2. The Greeks viewed things ___________________.
(a) as part of a whole
(b) as individual entities
(c) as extensions of themselves
(d) as separate entities
3. To the Greek thinkers, religion was ______________________.
(a) engorced by priests
(b) accepted by all as a necessary evil
(d) a search for the truth
4. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to dance
(b) to sing
(c) to present the author's views and opinions
(d) to answer questions from the audience
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
(d) holy book
Short Answer Questions
1. Viewing things as part of the whole applies to all but _______________.
2. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
5. According to Hamilton, Greek religion developed from _____________________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)