|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
2. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
(a) there was no plan
(b) make slaves of the leaders
(c) split the force in half
(d) kill all the officers and leaders
3. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
(a) the audience will not understand his points without the chorus
(b) the audience is ignorant of literature
(c) the audience must be educated
(d) the audience is aware of the current thought and literature
4. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
5. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the misery of everyday life
(b) good living conditions
(c) belief in God
(d) the fairness of the ruler
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
5. What did the Greeks view as important in men?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)