|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the misery of everyday life
(b) good living conditions
(c) belief in God
(d) the fairness of the ruler
2. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
3. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(b) the priests
(d) anyone who wanted to
4. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) easier to interpret
(b) much simpler
(c) very ornate
(d) about the same
5. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeschylus had been ________________________-.
2. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
3. Greek art is based on _________________________.
4. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
5. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)