|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the end of the Greek city state, Greek freedom of thought _________________.
(b) was assumed by Sparta
(d) spread throughout the world
2. What is not a similarity between Macbeth and Aeschylus?
(a) there was an atmosphere of evil and doom
(b) it was always night at the castle
(c) there was an atmosphere of death
(d) the castles were bright and cheerful places
3. What did the Greeks view as important in men?
(a) the manner of presentation
(b) his lifestyle
(c) the qualities the individual shared with mankind
(d) the personal qualities of the individual
4. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
5. In designing a Greek building, the Greek architect takes into consideration ___________________.
(a) the ornateness of the building itself
(b) the building's relation to the hills and sea
(c) the outline against the sky
(d) the setting
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
2. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
3. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
4. Which tragedian is considered to be the most modern?
5. The Greeks viewed things ___________________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)