|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
(a) the gods were inferior to humans
(b) the gods had to be obeyed
(c) the gods were superior to humans
(d) religion and gods are ignoreed
2. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(b) comedy writers
(c) prose writers
(d) any kind of writer
3. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) abuse the power
(b) use their power to help others
(c) ignore their responsibilities
(d) use their power to improve their own position
4. The Greeks were concerned with _______________________.
(a) physical prowess
(b) mind only
(c) both mind and spirit
(d) spirit only
5. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
Short Answer Questions
1. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
2. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
3. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
5. What is the view of man?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)