|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
(d) Oedipus Rex
3. What was characteristic of Greek art?
(a) mind and spirit have no effect on art
(b) mind stronger than spirit
(c) mind and spirit in equal balance
(d) spirit stronger than mind
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. During the war, Thucydides was _______________________.
(a) a diplomat
(b) a businessman
(c) a Spartan general
(d) an Athenian general
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
2. Of the ninety plays that Aeschylus wrote, how many have survived?
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
4. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
5. Greek writing is based on __________________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)