|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(b) passive acceptance
3. The most important oracle was at _________________.
4. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
(c) fair hamony
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) new power of the mind
(b) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(c) a desire for imperialism
(d) the same interests as other civilizations
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. In Greek drama, the characters are viewed as ______________________.
3. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
4. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)