|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
2. Aeschylus was ______________________.
(a) a writer of prose
(b) the first writer of tragedy
(c) the last writer of tragedy
(d) a writer of mystery
3. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) ownership of slaves
(b) national boundaries
(d) freedom and liberty
4. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(c) Julius Caesar
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to teach the population
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was to function as advisors
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
2. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
3. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
4. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
5. Poetic license ________________________________________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)