|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
(d) intellectual with vitality
2. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(c) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read and translate
3. Which city did Pindar live in?
4. According to Schopenhauer, what world applies to the tragedies of Sophocles?
5. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
(a) history of the fight with Persia
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks viewed things ___________________.
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
4. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
5. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)