|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Way of the Modern World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(b) criticism of the king
(d) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
2. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
3. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(a) by being a successful businessman
(b) from his father's estate
(c) ransoming a rich Persian noble
4. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
(a) they were released after the war's end
(b) they became slaves
(c) they were executed
(d) they were exchanged for enemy prisoners
5. The Greeks were concerned with _______________________.
(a) physical prowess
(b) both mind and spirit
(c) spirit only
(d) mind only
Short Answer Questions
1. Athens, which was a society based on freedom and liberty, was, by the time of Thucydides, known as the ________________.
2. Aeschylus had been ________________________-.
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. In designing a Greek building, the Greek architect takes into consideration ___________________.
5. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)