|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
(a) most fatal
(d) most tragic
2. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
(a) fair hamony
3. Sophocles' characters ________________________________.
(a) look for a way out
(b) endure their fate because there is no way out
(c) fight their fate
(d) avoid their fate
4. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) states should be orientated toward war
(b) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(c) disputes should be settled by war
(d) all states should seek power
5. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) yielded to the power of the king
(b) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(c) taught the common man
(d) were powerless
Short Answer Questions
1. Which role did Aeschylus not fulfill?
2. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
3. Which tragedian is considered to be the most modern?
4. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
5. According to Hamilton, tragedy involves _________________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)