|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
2. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) national boundaries
(c) ownership of slaves
(d) freedom and liberty
3. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical and spiritual perfection
(b) physical slovenliness
(c) moral corruption
(d) a lack of the spiritual
4. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
(a) the Athenian victory over Rome
(b) the Athenian victory over the Persians
(c) the Athenian victory over Sparta
(d) the Persian victory over Athens
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
2. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
4. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
5. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)