|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
2. Which tragedian is considered to be the most modern?
3. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
(c) everyday life
(d) the writer's personal life
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(b) the dead
(d) the living
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
2. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
3. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
5. The Athenian audience of Aristophanes ___________________________.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)