|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(d) contol by priests
3. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
4. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(c) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
2. What was important to Greek poets?
3. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)