|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
(a) discipline in the military
(b) the defeat of the Persians
(c) Greek society
(d) how the retreat of the Ten Thousand was successful
2. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
(b) John Milton
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires briefness
(b) requires facts
(c) calls for simple statements
(d) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
5. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) anyone who wanted to
(b) the priests
(c) the common man
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks _________________________.
2. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
3. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)