|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
(c) Trojan Women
2. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
3. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
(a) the gods were superior to humans
(b) the gods were inferior to humans
(c) religion and gods are ignoreed
(d) the gods had to be obeyed
4. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
5. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
(a) comic book
(c) sports page
(d) romance novel
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
2. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
4. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
5. According to Hamilton, tragedy involves _________________________.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)