|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) followed the style of the Egyptians
(b) a simple expression of the intellect
(c) influenced by the East
(d) highly ornate
2. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(c) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
3. Which tragedian is considered to be the most modern?
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) not creative
(b) dictated to by the priests
(c) limited by his mind and what he saw
5. Before Aeschylus, Greek drama consisted of ____________________________.
(a) one actor and a chorus
(b) four actors and a chorus
(c) three actors only
(d) the chorus only
Short Answer Questions
1. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
2. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
3. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
4. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
5. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)