|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) disputes should be settled by war
(b) all states should seek power
(c) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(d) states should be orientated toward war
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. Which of the following is not one of the four elements common to every tragedy?
5. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
(b) way of life
Short Answer Questions
1. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
3. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
4. Aeschylus believed in the _____________________.
5. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)