|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(d) average man
2. Aeschylus was ______________________.
(a) a writer of prose
(b) a writer of mystery
(c) the first writer of tragedy
(d) the last writer of tragedy
3. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
4. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) about the same
(b) much simpler
(c) easier to interpret
(d) very ornate
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) the people
(b) their power over the king
(c) the ingorance and fear of others
(d) their ability to teach
Short Answer Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
2. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
3. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)