|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(a) interested in humanity
(d) seem cold and unemotional
2. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(a) any kind of writer
(b) comedy writers
(c) prose writers
3. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(b) King Lear
(c) Romeo and Juliet
4. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) abstract concepts
(c) the beauty of common things
(d) ornate style
5. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Bible
(c) the Hebrews
(d) the Greeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
2. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
3. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
4. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)