|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(c) criticism of the king
(d) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(b) plain and matter of fact
3. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) yielded to the power of the king
(b) taught the common man
(c) were powerless
(d) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
4. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
(b) to write in verse
(c) to take an interest in mankind
(d) to write of history
5. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which role did Aeschylus not fulfill?
2. The Greek artist was __________________________.
3. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
4. Sophocles' characters ________________________________.
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)