|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(c) contol by priests
2. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(b) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read and translate
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(d) passive acceptance
Short Answer Questions
1. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
2. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
3. Poetic license ________________________________________.
4. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
5. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)