|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
2. Euripides' view of religion is that _____________________.
(a) the gods were superior to humans
(b) the gods were inferior to humans
(c) religion and gods are ignoreed
(d) the gods had to be obeyed
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were not honorable men
(b) had its own standard to live by
(c) were liars and cheaters
(d) lived by the same standards as others
4. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
(a) as many as needed
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) abstractions of reality
(c) the orders of the priests
(d) the reality of what the artist sees
Short Answer Questions
1. The Athenian audience of Aristophanes ___________________________.
2. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
5. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)