|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had limited freedom
(b) had the most freedom
(c) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(d) had no freedom
2. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) abuse the power
(b) use their power to improve their own position
(c) use their power to help others
(d) ignore their responsibilities
3. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(b) interested in humanity
(c) seem cold and unemotional
4. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
(a) only the facts he velieved
(b) the facts whether he believed them or not
(c) only what he found and substantiated
(d) anything he heard
5. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
(a) they were exchanged for enemy prisoners
(b) they were executed
(c) they were released after the war's end
(d) they became slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
3. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
4. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
5. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)