|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Schopenhauer, what world applies to the tragedies of Sophocles?
2. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(b) ownership of slaves
(c) national boundaries
(d) freedom and liberty
3. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
4. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
5. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(a) any kind of writer
(c) prose writers
(d) comedy writers
Short Answer Questions
1. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
2. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
3. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
5. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)