|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
(b) way of life
2. Thucydides feels that the Athenians lost the war because they were ________________.
(a) inadequately armed
(d) poor fighters
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had total freedom of expression
(b) there was no interest in art
(c) the artist had some freedom of expression
(d) the priests dictated the pattern for art
4. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(a) contol by priests
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) limited by his mind and what he saw
(b) not creative
(c) dictated to by the priests
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
3. According to Hamilton, tragedy involves _________________________.
4. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
5. Herodotus is known as ______________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)