|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
2. During the war, Thucydides was _______________________.
(a) a diplomat
(b) an Athenian general
(c) a Spartan general
(d) a businessman
3. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(d) Julius Caesar
4. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
(a) the Old Tragedy of Athens
(b) the Old Comedy of Athens
(c) the Old Man of Athens
(d) The Athenian Comedian
5. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
4. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
5. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)