|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(a) comedy writers
(c) any kind of writer
(d) prose writers
2. What is not a similarity between Macbeth and Aeschylus?
(a) it was always night at the castle
(b) there was an atmosphere of evil and doom
(c) there was an atmosphere of death
(d) the castles were bright and cheerful places
3. Thucydides feels that the Athenians lost the war because they were ________________.
(a) inadequately armed
(d) poor fighters
4. Compared to the other tragedians, Euripides is described as the _________________.
(a) most fatal
(c) most tragic
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
2. Tragedy in drama began with whom?
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
4. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)