|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Euripides: The Modern Mind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
(a) Trojan Women
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(b) contol by priests
3. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
(a) The Treatise on War
(b) A History of War
(c) The History of the Peloponnesian War
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(b) anyone who wanted to
(d) the priests
5. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
(a) It was an accepted way of life
(b) It was evil
(c) They opposed slavery
(d) There were no slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
2. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
3. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
4. Aeschylus believed in the _____________________.
5. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)