|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(c) anyone who wanted to
(d) the priests
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) were powerless
(b) taught the common man
(c) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(d) yielded to the power of the king
3. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) all states should seek power
(b) disputes should be settled by war
(c) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(d) states should be orientated toward war
4. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had the most freedom
(b) had limited freedom
(c) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(d) had no freedom
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Hindu
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Buddhist
(d) the Greek
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
2. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
3. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. What is not a similarity between Macbeth and Aeschylus?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)