|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
2. Thucydides feels that the Athenians lost the war because they were ________________.
(c) inadequately armed
(d) poor fighters
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
(a) Greek society
(b) discipline in the military
(c) how the retreat of the Ten Thousand was successful
(d) the defeat of the Persians
5. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
(a) fifteenth century England
(b) sixteenth century England
(c) seventeenth centiry France
(d) modern day Broadway
Short Answer Questions
1. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
2. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
3. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
4. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
5. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)