|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
(a) It was evil
(b) There were no slaves
(c) They opposed slavery
(d) It was an accepted way of life
2. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
(a) life in Athens
(b) the history of the godw
(c) his travels and the Persian War
(d) the war with Sparta
3. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(b) about the same
(d) no comparison
4. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(b) they were only held when the king wanted them
(c) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(d) they were cancelled for lack of participation
5. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) he ignores reality
(b) the symbol
(c) there is no reality in art
(d) pure concepts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. Until the time of Aeschylus, poetry was concerned with _____________________________.
3. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. In Egypt ___________________________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)