|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(c) criticism of the king
(d) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
3. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) practiced mind control
(b) limited thought to certain fields
(c) applied no limits to thoughts
(d) limited intellectual thought to priests
4. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
(a) The Treatise on War
(c) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(d) A History of War
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was limited to matters of religion only
(b) was to teach the population
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was to function as advisors
Short Answer Questions
1. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
2. Which role did Aeschylus not fulfill?
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
4. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
5. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)