|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of history
(b) the father of travel
(c) the father of tragedy
(d) the father of comedy
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) good living conditions
(d) belief in God
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
5. Of the ninety plays that Aeschylus wrote, how many have survived?
(a) twenty three
Short Answer Questions
1. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
2. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
3. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
4. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
5. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)