|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) simple school of writing
(c) austere school of writing
(d) aristocratic school of writing
3. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
4. The Athenians and Spartans fought because _________________________.
(a) both were powerful
(b) Athens was weaker than Sparta
(c) Sparta was weaker than Athens
(d) both were weak
5. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to take an interest in mankind
(b) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
(c) to write of history
(d) to write in verse
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
2. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
3. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
4. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)