|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(b) ornate style
(c) the beauty of common things
(d) abstract concepts
2. Thucydides wrote _________________________.
(a) The History of the Athenian War
(b) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(c) The History of the Trojan War
(d) The History of the Spartan War
3. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(a) prose writers
(b) any kind of writer
(d) comedy writers
4. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
(a) the audience is aware of the current thought and literature
(b) the audience must be educated
(c) the audience will not understand his points without the chorus
(d) the audience is ignorant of literature
5. What was important to Greek poets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
3. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
4. Before Aeschylus, Greek drama consisted of ____________________________.
5. Aeschylus was ______________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)