|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the first Greek tragedy?
2. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) words are to be used sparingly
(b) repetition is good
(c) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(d) writing should be ornate
3. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
(b) history of the fight with Persia
4. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
5. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(c) seem cold and unemotional
(d) interested in humanity
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
2. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
4. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
5. What was characteristic of Greek art?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)