|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
(a) make slaves of the leaders
(b) there was no plan
(c) kill all the officers and leaders
(d) split the force in half
2. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
(b) the writer's personal life
(c) everyday life
3. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
(c) intellectual with vitality
4. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the temples
(b) in the forums
(c) in the schools
(d) wherever men met
5. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hamilton compare the work of Aristophanes to?
2. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
3. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
4. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
5. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)