|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
(c) as many as needed
2. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) criticism of the king
(c) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(d) support of the Egyptians
3. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
4. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
(a) the kind
(b) the athletes of the games
(c) the common man
(d) the intellectuals
5. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(a) King Lear
(d) Romeo and Juliet
Short Answer Questions
1. Thucydides feels that the Athenians lost the war because they were ________________.
2. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
3. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
4. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
5. In both literary periods of tragedy, what was not true?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)