|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to present the author's views and opinions
(b) to sing
(c) to answer questions from the audience
(d) to dance
2. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
(a) life in Athens
(b) the war with Sparta
(c) his travels and the Persian War
(d) the history of the godw
3. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
(a) the writer's personal life
(b) everyday life
4. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(b) seem cold and unemotional
(c) interested in humanity
5. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to take an interest in mankind
(b) to write of history
(c) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
(d) to write in verse
Short Answer Questions
1. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
2. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
4. What was important to Greek poets?
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)