|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the priests were the literary class
(b) there was no literary class
(c) there was a literary class
(d) the teachers were the literary class
2. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Egyptian
(b) the Greek
(c) the Hindu
(d) the Buddhist
3. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(c) average man
4. Which role did Aeschylus not fulfill?
(a) scenery designer
(c) costume designer
(d) theater owner
5. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
2. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
3. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
4. Thucydides felt that the lesson of the Peloponnesian War was that _____________________________________.
5. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)