|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(a) the orders of the priests
(b) abstractions of reality
(c) the reality of what the artist sees
3. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
(a) Athens and Rome
(b) Thebes and Peloponnesia
(c) Athens and Sparta
(d) Sparta and Thebes
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) belief in God
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) the fairness of the ruler
5. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
3. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
4. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
5. Herodotus is known as ______________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)