|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
2. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
(a) that men should work
(b) that there should be leisure time
(c) that men should participate in the games
(d) to see what honorable men did for amusement
3. What was important to Greek poets?
4. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
(a) sports page
(c) romance novel
(d) comic book
5. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) limited thought to certain fields
(b) practiced mind control
(c) applied no limits to thoughts
(d) limited intellectual thought to priests
Short Answer Questions
1. Thucydides wanted his work to be ________________________.
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
3. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
4. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
5. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)