|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the ninety plays that Aeschylus wrote, how many have survived?
(b) twenty three
2. Aeschylus was ______________________.
(a) a writer of prose
(b) the first writer of tragedy
(c) a writer of mystery
(d) the last writer of tragedy
3. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(d) plain and matter of fact
4. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
(d) Oedipus Rex
5. Thucydides wrote _________________________.
(a) The History of the Athenian War
(b) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(c) The History of the Spartan War
(d) The History of the Trojan War
Short Answer Questions
1. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
2. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
3. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
4. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
5. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)