|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) belief in God
(b) good living conditions
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) the fairness of the ruler
2. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(b) King Lear
(c) Romeo and Juliet
3. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their ability to teach
(b) the people
(c) their power over the king
(d) the ingorance and fear of others
Short Answer Questions
1. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
2. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
4. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
5. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)