|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Aeschylus: The First Dramatist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
2. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
(a) make slaves of the leaders
(b) there was no plan
(c) split the force in half
(d) kill all the officers and leaders
3. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(c) criticism of the king
(d) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
5. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
(a) the Athenian victory over Sparta
(b) the Athenian victory over the Persians
(c) the Athenian victory over Rome
(d) the Persian victory over Athens
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
2. What is not a similarity between Macbeth and Aeschylus?
3. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
4. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
5. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)