|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on fear
(b) emphasis on ignorance
(c) role of reason
(d) lack of caring
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(c) full of symbolism
(d) full of imagery
4. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) there is no reality in art
(b) the symbol
(c) he ignores reality
(d) pure concepts
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) they would destroy the body
(b) the body must return to dust
(c) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
(d) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
2. What was characteristic of Greek art?
3. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
4. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
5. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)