|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) limited by his mind and what he saw
(c) dictated to by the priests
(d) not creative
2. Which city did Pindar live in?
3. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(b) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(c) they were only held when the king wanted them
(d) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
4. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) the ingorance and fear of others
(b) the people
(c) their ability to teach
(d) their power over the king
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks _________________________.
2. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
3. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)