|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
2. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(c) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(a) the basis for science
4. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical slovenliness
(b) physical and spiritual perfection
(c) a lack of the spiritual
(d) moral corruption
5. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) limited intellectual thought to priests
(b) practiced mind control
(c) applied no limits to thoughts
(d) limited thought to certain fields
Short Answer Questions
1. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
4. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
5. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)