|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to dance
(b) to answer questions from the audience
(c) to present the author's views and opinions
(d) to sing
4. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Hebrews
(b) the Bible
(c) the Greeks
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) abstractions of reality
(c) the orders of the priests
(d) the reality of what the artist sees
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
2. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
3. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)