|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(a) contol by priests
3. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
(a) incapable of being translated into English
(b) the same as English writing
(c) more ornate than English writing
(d) very different from the styles of English writing
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Buddhist
(b) the Hindu
(c) the Egyptian
(d) the Greek
5. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
3. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
4. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
5. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)