|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) freedom and liberty
(b) national boundaries
(d) ownership of slaves
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) role of reason
(c) lack of caring
(d) emphasis on fear
4. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
5. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Hebrews
(c) the Greeks
(d) the Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
2. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
4. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
5. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)