|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical slovenliness
(b) physical and spiritual perfection
(c) a lack of the spiritual
(d) moral corruption
2. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
3. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) practiced mind control
(b) limited intellectual thought to priests
(c) limited thought to certain fields
(d) applied no limits to thoughts
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(c) the priests
(d) anyone who wanted to
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
2. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
3. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
4. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)