|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
2. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(c) full of imagery
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(c) spiritual materialists
4. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had the most freedom
(c) had limited freedom
(d) had no freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
5. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)