|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) moral corruption
(b) a lack of the spiritual
(c) physical and spiritual perfection
(d) physical slovenliness
2. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) the continuation of misery
(b) security, peace and pleasure
(c) the movement to a higher level
(d) existence with God
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) dictated to by the priests
(c) not creative
(d) limited by his mind and what he saw
4. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) abuse the power
(b) use their power to improve their own position
(c) use their power to help others
(d) ignore their responsibilities
5. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) easier to interpret
(b) much simpler
(c) very ornate
(d) about the same
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
3. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
5. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)