|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) belief in God
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) lack of caring
(d) role of reason
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) the beauty of common things
(b) abstract concepts
(c) ornate style
4. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
(a) he represented a new movement
(b) he addressed serious issues
(c) he represented the youth
(d) he was the last spokesman for the aristocracy
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had limited freedom
(c) had no freedom
(d) had the most freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek art is based on _________________________.
2. The Greeks _________________________.
3. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
4. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
5. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)