|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(b) the beauty of common things
(c) ornate style
(d) abstract concepts
2. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
(a) as many as needed
3. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
(a) comic book
(b) romance novel
(c) sports page
4. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(b) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(c) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(d) wanted to do their own thinking
5. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
3. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
4. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
5. What was characteristic of Greek art?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)