|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) he ignores reality
(b) there is no reality in art
(c) the symbol
(d) pure concepts
2. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to write in verse
(b) to write of history
(c) to take an interest in mankind
(d) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
3. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
(a) It was evil
(b) There were no slaves
(c) It was an accepted way of life
(d) They opposed slavery
4. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
5. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(c) Julius Caesar
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
2. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
3. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)