|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) lack of caring
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on fear
2. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
3. What was not a function of the chorus?
(a) to present the author's views and opinions
(b) to sing
(c) to answer questions from the audience
(d) to dance
4. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
5. Who does Hamilton compare the work of Aristophanes to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
2. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
3. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
4. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
5. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)