|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
(b) to take an interest in mankind
(c) to write of history
(d) to write in verse
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
5. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) taught the common man
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(d) were powerless
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
3. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)