|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) influenced by the East
(b) followed the style of the Egyptians
(c) highly ornate
(d) a simple expression of the intellect
2. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) about the same
(b) much simpler
(c) easier to interpret
(d) very ornate
3. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) not creative
(b) limited by his mind and what he saw
(c) dictated to by the priests
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
2. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)