|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
2. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
3. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) simple school of writing
(b) aristocratic school of writing
(c) austere school of writing
(d) ornate school of writing
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) words are to be used sparingly
(b) writing should be ornate
(c) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(d) repetition is good
5. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) ignore their responsibilities
(b) use their power to improve their own position
(c) use their power to help others
(d) abuse the power
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
2. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
3. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
4. Herodotus is known as ______________.
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)