|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
3. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(b) easiest to read and translate
(d) most difficult to read and translate
4. Which city did Pindar live in?
5. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was important to Greek poets?
2. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
3. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
4. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
5. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)