|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) in the forums
(c) in the temples
(d) wherever men met
2. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
(a) only the facts he velieved
(b) only what he found and substantiated
(c) anything he heard
(d) the facts whether he believed them or not
3. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
(c) Oedipus Rex
4. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
(a) noone in particular
(b) the aristocracy
(c) the elected leaders
5. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
(a) the Old Comedy of Athens
(b) The Athenian Comedian
(c) the Old Man of Athens
(d) the Old Tragedy of Athens
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
4. Which city did Pindar live in?
5. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)