|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on fear
(b) emphasis on ignorance
(c) role of reason
(d) lack of caring
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to teach the population
(b) was to function as advisors
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(b) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read and translate
Short Answer Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
3. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)