|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) there was no literary class
(b) there was a literary class
(c) the teachers were the literary class
(d) the priests were the literary class
2. The Athenian audience of Aristophanes ___________________________.
(a) didn't understand his humor
(b) was judgmental
(c) was accepting of the subject matter
(d) walked out
3. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(a) interested in humanity
(c) seem cold and unemotional
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
2. Compared to Aristophanes _____________________.
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
4. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
5. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)