|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the misery of everyday life
(b) belief in God
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) good living conditions
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of history
(b) the father of comedy
(c) the father of travel
(d) the father of tragedy
4. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(d) full of imagery
5. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
2. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
3. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
4. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
5. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)