|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Herodotus: The First Sight-Seer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical slovenliness
(b) moral corruption
(c) physical and spiritual perfection
(d) a lack of the spiritual
2. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
3. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
4. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
5. The Athenian audience of Aristophanes ___________________________.
(a) didn't understand his humor
(b) was accepting of the subject matter
(c) was judgmental
(d) walked out
Short Answer Questions
1. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
4. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
5. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)