|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(a) full of imagery
(c) full of symbolism
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was limited to matters of religion only
(b) was to teach the population
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) covered all intellectual activitries
3. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the temples
(b) in the schools
(c) in the forums
(d) wherever men met
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(a) plain and matter of fact
(b) full of symbolism
5. Greek writing is based on __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
3. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
5. What was important to Greek poets?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)