|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(b) writing should be ornate
(c) repetition is good
(d) words are to be used sparingly
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Bible
(b) the Hebrews
(c) the Greeks
4. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
(a) he addressed serious issues
(b) he represented the youth
(c) he represented a new movement
(d) he was the last spokesman for the aristocracy
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had the most freedom
(c) had no freedom
(d) had limited freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
2. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
3. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
5. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)