|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the priests
(b) anyone who wanted to
(d) the common man
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Buddhist
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Greek
(d) the Hindu
4. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) the ingorance and fear of others
(b) the people
(c) their power over the king
(d) their ability to teach
5. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
3. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
4. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)