|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) a desire for imperialism
(b) new power of the mind
(c) the same interests as other civilizations
(d) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) austere school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) simple school of writing
3. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) copies, doesn't create
(b) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(c) creates from within
(d) creates what he is told to create
4. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(a) abstractions of reality
(b) the reality of what the artist sees
(d) the orders of the priests
5. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
(a) the elected leaders
(c) noone in particular
(d) the aristocracy
Short Answer Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
5. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)