|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Egyptian
(b) the Greek
(c) the Buddhist
(d) the Hindu
2. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) abstract concepts
(b) ornate style
(d) the beauty of common things
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
5. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(b) the poetry in Greek comedy
(c) the poetry in Greek tragedy
Short Answer Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
5. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)