|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) use their power to help others
(b) ignore their responsibilities
(c) abuse the power
(d) use their power to improve their own position
2. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(d) full of imagery
3. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(b) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(c) they were only held when the king wanted them
(d) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) repetition is good
(b) writing should be ornate
(c) words are to be used sparingly
(d) the longer a passage is, the better it is
5. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(b) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(c) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(d) wanted to do their own thinking
Short Answer Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
4. The Greeks _________________________.
5. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)