|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
3. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their power over the king
(b) the ingorance and fear of others
(c) their ability to teach
(d) the people
4. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(b) copies, doesn't create
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) creates from within
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
2. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
3. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)