|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were not honorable men
(b) had its own standard to live by
(c) were liars and cheaters
(d) lived by the same standards as others
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(a) spiritual materialists
4. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) role of reason
(c) lack of caring
(d) emphasis on fear
5. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) wanted to do their own thinking
(b) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(c) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(d) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pericles, _________________________.
2. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)