|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) austere school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) simple school of writing
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(b) the priests
(d) anyone who wanted to
3. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
(a) the kind
(b) the intellectuals
(c) the common man
(d) the athletes of the games
4. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) abstractions of reality
(c) the orders of the priests
(d) the reality of what the artist sees
5. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had total freedom of expression
(b) there was no interest in art
(c) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(d) the artist had some freedom of expression
Short Answer Questions
1. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
2. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. Which city did Pindar live in?
5. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)