|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
(b) intellectual with vitality
2. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were liars and cheaters
(b) lived by the same standards as others
(c) were not honorable men
(d) had its own standard to live by
3. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) abuse the power
(b) ignore their responsibilities
(c) use their power to improve their own position
(d) use their power to help others
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(b) no comparison
(c) about the same
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
3. What had the most freedom as an artist?
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)