|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to function as advisors
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was to teach the population
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) belief in God
(d) the fairness of the ruler
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) lived by the same standards as others
(b) were liars and cheaters
(c) were not honorable men
(d) had its own standard to live by
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(b) new power of the mind
(c) the same interests as other civilizations
(d) a desire for imperialism
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
5. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)