|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
(b) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
(c) they would destroy the body
(d) the body must return to dust
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(a) the basis for science
3. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(b) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(c) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(d) wanted to do their own thinking
4. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were only held when the king wanted them
(b) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(c) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(d) they were cancelled for lack of participation
5. Which city did Pindar live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
2. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
5. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)