|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(b) anyone who wanted to
(c) the priests
(d) the common man
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had some freedom of expression
(b) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(c) there was no interest in art
(d) the artist had total freedom of expression
4. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Buddhist
(b) the Greek
(c) the Hindu
(d) the Egyptian
Short Answer Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
4. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)