|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(b) repetition is good
(c) writing should be ornate
(d) words are to be used sparingly
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
4. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) the continuation of misery
(b) security, peace and pleasure
(c) the movement to a higher level
(d) existence with God
5. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the priests were the literary class
(b) there was no literary class
(c) there was a literary class
(d) the teachers were the literary class
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
2. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. In Egypt ___________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)