|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) wanted to do their own thinking
(b) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(c) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(d) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) he ignores reality
(c) pure concepts
(d) there is no reality in art
3. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) creates from within
(b) creates what he is told to create
(c) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(d) copies, doesn't create
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was to teach the population
(c) was limited to matters of religion only
(d) was to function as advisors
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
5. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)