|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were only held when the king wanted them
(b) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(c) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(d) they were cancelled for lack of participation
2. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
3. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
4. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
5. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
4. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)