|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(c) requires briefness
(d) calls for simple statements
2. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
3. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read and translate
(b) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(d) most difficult to read and translate
4. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Hindu
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Greek
(d) the Buddhist
Short Answer Questions
1. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
3. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)