|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. Which city did Pindar live in?
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) role of reason
(d) lack of caring
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(d) plain and matter of fact
5. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the teachers were the literary class
(b) there was a literary class
(c) there was no literary class
(d) the priests were the literary class
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
3. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
4. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
5. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)