|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Athenians as Plato Saw Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city did Pindar live in?
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(c) Julius Caesar
3. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(b) plain and matter of fact
(d) full of symbolism
5. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(b) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(c) wanted to do their own thinking
(d) were not interested in intellectual thinking
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
2. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
3. What was characteristic of Greek art?
4. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)