|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) were powerless
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) taught the common man
(d) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
2. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(d) spiritual materialists
4. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(b) ornate style
(c) the beauty of common things
(d) abstract concepts
5. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(b) the living
(c) the dead
Short Answer Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
3. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)