|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) the continuation of misery
(b) existence with God
(c) the movement to a higher level
(d) security, peace and pleasure
3. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(a) the poetry in Greek comedy
(d) the poetry in Greek tragedy
4. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(a) abstractions of reality
(c) the reality of what the artist sees
(d) the orders of the priests
5. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) belief in God
(c) good living conditions
(d) the misery of everyday life
Short Answer Questions
1. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
2. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
3. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)