|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) the beauty of common things
(b) abstract concepts
(d) ornate style
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(a) spiritual materialists
4. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had the most freedom
(c) had limited freedom
(d) had no freedom
5. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
2. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)