|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(b) the basis for science
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(a) Julius Caesar
3. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(b) anyone who wanted to
(c) the priests
(d) the common man
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) requires briefness
(c) calls for simple statements
(d) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Egypt ___________________________.
2. According to Pericles, _________________________.
3. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
4. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)