|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(b) creates from within
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) copies, doesn't create
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) criticism of the king
(b) support of the Egyptians
(c) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
5. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(b) anyone who wanted to
(c) the priests
(d) the common man
Short Answer Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
4. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
5. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)