|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
2. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their ability to teach
(b) the ingorance and fear of others
(c) the people
(d) their power over the king
3. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Greeks
(b) the Bible
(d) the Hebrews
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) good living conditions
(c) belief in God
(d) the misery of everyday life
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was to function as advisors
(c) was to teach the population
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
Short Answer Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)