|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) calls for simple statements
(b) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(c) requires facts
(d) requires briefness
2. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) new power of the mind
(b) a desire for imperialism
(c) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(d) the same interests as other civilizations
3. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(c) Julius Caesar
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(b) the basis for science
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek art is based on _________________________.
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
3. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
5. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)