|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
2. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) existence with God
(b) security, peace and pleasure
(c) the continuation of misery
(d) the movement to a higher level
3. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(a) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
(c) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
4. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(b) about the same
(d) no comparison
5. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) requires briefness
(c) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(d) calls for simple statements
Short Answer Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
2. The Greeks _________________________.
3. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)