|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had total freedom of expression
(b) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(c) the artist had some freedom of expression
(d) there was no interest in art
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) taught the common man
(d) were powerless
3. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
4. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(c) Julius Caesar
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to function as advisors
(b) was to teach the population
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
Short Answer Questions
1. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. Poetic license ________________________________________.
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
5. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)