|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(b) the dead
(d) the living
2. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) a simple expression of the intellect
(b) highly ornate
(c) influenced by the East
(d) followed the style of the Egyptians
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) the reality of what the artist sees
(c) abstractions of reality
(d) the orders of the priests
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)