|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) pure concepts
(b) there is no reality in art
(c) he ignores reality
(d) the symbol
2. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(a) no comparison
(c) about the same
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was to teach the population
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(b) the priests
(c) the common man
(d) anyone who wanted to
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. According to Pericles, _________________________.
3. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)