|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) the orders of the priests
(c) abstractions of reality
(d) the reality of what the artist sees
3. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(a) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
(d) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) were powerless
(b) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(c) taught the common man
(d) yielded to the power of the king
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had no freedom
(b) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(c) had limited freedom
(d) had the most freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
2. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
5. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)