|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(b) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(c) criticism of the king
2. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(a) about the same
(c) no comparison
3. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
4. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(b) not creative
(c) limited by his mind and what he saw
(d) dictated to by the priests
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
2. The Greeks _________________________.
3. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
4. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)