|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(c) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(c) plain and matter of fact
(d) full of symbolism
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. The first scientists were the _________________.
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
2. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
5. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)