|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) role of reason
(b) lack of caring
(c) emphasis on ignorance
(d) emphasis on fear
2. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
(a) more ornate than English writing
(b) incapable of being translated into English
(c) the same as English writing
(d) very different from the styles of English writing
3. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(b) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(c) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(d) they were only held when the king wanted them
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) the same interests as other civilizations
(b) a desire for imperialism
(c) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(d) new power of the mind
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)