|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) belief in God
2. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(b) creates what he is told to create
(c) creates from within
(d) copies, doesn't create
3. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(c) requires briefness
(d) calls for simple statements
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
2. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
4. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)