|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had limited freedom
(c) had the most freedom
(d) had no freedom
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) a desire for imperialism
(b) the same interests as other civilizations
(c) new power of the mind
(d) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
(b) the body must return to dust
(c) they would destroy the body
(d) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
Short Answer Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
3. Poetic license ________________________________________.
4. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)