|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) the ingorance and fear of others
(b) their ability to teach
(c) the people
(d) their power over the king
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(b) requires facts
(c) calls for simple statements
(d) requires briefness
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had limited freedom
(c) had no freedom
(d) had the most freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
4. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
5. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)