|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(a) contol by priests
2. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) words are to be used sparingly
(b) repetition is good
(c) writing should be ornate
(d) the longer a passage is, the better it is
3. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) creates from within
(b) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) copies, doesn't create
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(d) the basis for science
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek art is based on _________________________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
4. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
5. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)