|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Hebrews
(b) the Bible
(c) the Greeks
2. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had no freedom
(b) had limited freedom
(c) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(d) had the most freedom
4. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
5. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
4. In Egypt ___________________________.
5. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)