|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) abstract concepts
(b) ornate style
(c) the beauty of common things
2. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
3. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(b) plain and matter of fact
(c) full of symbolism
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Hindu
(b) the Greek
(c) the Egyptian
(d) the Buddhist
5. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(b) the Hebrews
(c) the Bible
(d) the Greeks
Short Answer Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
2. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)