|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) creates from within
(b) copies, doesn't create
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) the Buddhists have no interest in art
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had limited freedom
(b) had no freedom
(c) had the most freedom
(d) was dictated to by Hindu priests
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to teach the population
(b) covered all intellectual activitries
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) calls for simple statements
(b) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(c) requires facts
(d) requires briefness
5. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had total freedom of expression
(b) the artist had some freedom of expression
(c) there was no interest in art
(d) the priests dictated the pattern for art
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)