|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(b) anyone who wanted to
(d) the priests
3. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(a) the poetry in Greek comedy
(d) the poetry in Greek tragedy
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
2. What had the most freedom as an artist?
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)