|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Egyptian
(b) the Greek
(c) the Buddhist
(d) the Hindu
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(b) they were only held when the king wanted them
(c) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(d) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) ornate style
(b) abstract concepts
(c) the beauty of common things
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(d) the basis for science
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to function as advisors
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was to teach the population
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
2. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
3. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
4. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
5. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)