|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Greek Way of Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(b) taught the common man
(c) were powerless
(d) yielded to the power of the king
2. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) influenced by the East
(b) highly ornate
(c) followed the style of the Egyptians
(d) a simple expression of the intellect
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) dictated to by the priests
(b) not creative
(d) limited by his mind and what he saw
4. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(a) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
(c) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)