|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(a) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(d) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
2. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Egyptian
(b) the Hindu
(c) the Buddhist
(d) the Greek
3. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
4. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) the same interests as other civilizations
(b) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(c) new power of the mind
(d) a desire for imperialism
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) existence with God
(b) the movement to a higher level
(c) security, peace and pleasure
(d) the continuation of misery
Short Answer Questions
1. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
2. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
3. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
5. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)