|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(a) spiritual materialists
2. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) new power of the mind
(b) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(c) a desire for imperialism
(d) the same interests as other civilizations
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) role of reason
(b) lack of caring
(c) emphasis on ignorance
(d) emphasis on fear
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(b) criticism of the king
(c) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(d) support of the Egyptians
5. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on life itself
(b) on art and culture
(c) where he would go after life
(d) on life and death
Short Answer Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
2. The Greek artist was __________________________.
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)