|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(b) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(c) criticism of the king
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)