|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the common man
(c) anyone who wanted to
(d) the priests
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was to teach the population
3. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
4. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
5. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) belief in God
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) the misery of everyday life
Short Answer Questions
1. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
3. Greek art is based on _________________________.
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)