|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
2. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Hindu
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Greek
(d) the Buddhist
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) where he would go after life
(b) on life itself
(c) on life and death
(d) on art and culture
4. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) applied no limits to thoughts
(b) limited thought to certain fields
(c) limited intellectual thought to priests
(d) practiced mind control
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)