|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on art and culture
(b) on life and death
(c) on life itself
(d) where he would go after life
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) belief in God
(b) good living conditions
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) the fairness of the ruler
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had the most freedom
(b) had no freedom
(c) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(d) had limited freedom
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(a) the basis for science
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) the reality of what the artist sees
(c) the orders of the priests
(d) abstractions of reality
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
2. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
5. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)