|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(b) Julius Caesar
2. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) new power of the mind
(b) the same interests as other civilizations
(c) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(d) a desire for imperialism
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(d) spiritual materialists
4. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had some freedom of expression
(b) the artist had total freedom of expression
(c) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(d) there was no interest in art
5. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) pure concepts
(c) he ignores reality
(d) there is no reality in art
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
4. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)