|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) not creative
(c) limited by his mind and what he saw
(d) dictated to by the priests
2. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) applied no limits to thoughts
(b) practiced mind control
(c) limited thought to certain fields
(d) limited intellectual thought to priests
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(b) the living
(c) the dead
5. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) followed the style of the Egyptians
(b) a simple expression of the intellect
(c) highly ornate
(d) influenced by the East
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
4. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)