|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) good living conditions
(d) belief in God
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was to teach the population
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(b) the living
(d) the dead
5. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) taught the common man
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(d) were powerless
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)