|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) there is no reality in art
(b) he ignores reality
(c) pure concepts
(d) the symbol
2. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) creates what he is told to create
(b) copies, doesn't create
(c) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(d) creates from within
3. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) followed the style of the Egyptians
(b) highly ornate
(c) a simple expression of the intellect
(d) influenced by the East
4. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had limited freedom
(b) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(c) had no freedom
(d) had the most freedom
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
4. What had the most freedom as an artist?
5. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)