|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) lack of caring
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on ignorance
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had the most freedom
(b) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(c) had no freedom
(d) had limited freedom
4. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) pure concepts
(c) he ignores reality
(d) there is no reality in art
5. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
Short Answer Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)