|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) taught the common man
(b) were powerless
(c) yielded to the power of the king
(d) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(b) the basis for science
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) intellectual activities
(c) the dead
(d) the living
5. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) a simple expression of the intellect
(b) influenced by the East
(c) followed the style of the Egyptians
(d) highly ornate
Short Answer Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
4. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
5. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)