|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(b) criticism of the king
(c) support of the Egyptians
(d) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
2. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
3. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(a) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
(c) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
4. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) the same interests as other civilizations
(b) a desire for imperialism
(c) new power of the mind
(d) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)