|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
2. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) they would destroy the body
(b) the body must return to dust
(c) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
(d) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(b) contol by priests
4. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) limited by his mind and what he saw
(b) dictated to by the priests
(c) not creative
Short Answer Questions
1. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
2. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)