|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(b) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(c) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(d) they were only held when the king wanted them
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(d) contol by priests
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(c) spiritual materialists
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)