|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) where he would go after life
(b) on life and death
(c) on life itself
(d) on art and culture
4. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(d) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
5. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(c) contol by priests
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the most freedom as an artist?
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. Greek art is based on _________________________.
4. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
5. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)