|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
2. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) a desire for imperialism
(b) new power of the mind
(c) the same interests as other civilizations
(d) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) abstractions of reality
(c) the reality of what the artist sees
(d) the orders of the priests
Short Answer Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
2. In Egypt ___________________________.
3. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)