|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was limited to matters of religion only
(b) covered all intellectual activitries
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was to teach the population
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) lack of caring
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on fear
3. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hindu artist ________________________.
2. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)