|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) the living
(b) intellectual activities
(d) the dead
2. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
3. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) were powerless
(d) taught the common man
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) good living conditions
(b) belief in God
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) the misery of everyday life
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had limited freedom
(b) had the most freedom
(c) had no freedom
(d) was dictated to by Hindu priests
Short Answer Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
3. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)