|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the priests
(c) the common man
(d) anyone who wanted to
3. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(b) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(c) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) followed the style of the Egyptians
(b) highly ornate
(c) a simple expression of the intellect
(d) influenced by the East
5. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek artist was __________________________.
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)