|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) pure concepts
(c) there is no reality in art
(d) he ignores reality
2. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(c) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(d) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(b) the artist had some freedom of expression
(c) there was no interest in art
(d) the artist had total freedom of expression
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) the dead
(b) the living
(d) intellectual activities
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their power over the king
(b) the ingorance and fear of others
(c) the people
(d) their ability to teach
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
2. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
3. Greek art is based on _________________________.
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)