|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
(b) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
(c) they would destroy the body
(d) the body must return to dust
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(b) yielded to the power of the king
(c) were powerless
(d) taught the common man
4. The first scientists were the _________________.
5. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) there is no reality in art
(c) pure concepts
(d) he ignores reality
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
3. The Greeks _________________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)