|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
3. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(c) spiritual materialists
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the misery of everyday life
(b) good living conditions
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) belief in God
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) security, peace and pleasure
(b) the continuation of misery
(c) existence with God
(d) the movement to a higher level
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek art is based on _________________________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)