|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(b) the common man
(c) the priests
(d) anyone who wanted to
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had the most freedom
(b) had limited freedom
(c) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(d) had no freedom
3. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) he ignores reality
(b) there is no reality in art
(c) the symbol
(d) pure concepts
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)