|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Way of the East and the Way of the West in Art.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) new power of the mind
(b) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(c) the same interests as other civilizations
(d) a desire for imperialism
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) the dead
(c) intellectual activities
(d) the living
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to function as advisors
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) was to teach the population
(d) covered all intellectual activitries
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
2. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
5. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)