Quiz: Chapter 7, Aristophanes and the Old Comedy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
a) The Athenian Comedian
b) the Old Comedy of Athens
c) the Old Man of Athens
d) the Old Tragedy of Athens
2. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
d) Oedipus Rex
3. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
a) past its summit
b) gaining in popularity
c) at its summit
4. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
a) modern day Broadway
b) fifteenth century England
c) sixteenth century England
d) seventeenth centiry France
5. The works of Aristophanes...
This section contains 265 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)