|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Euripides wrote his plays how many years after Aeschylus?
(b) one hundred
2. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
(a) anything he heard
(b) only what he found and substantiated
(c) only the facts he velieved
(d) the facts whether he believed them or not
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the artist had some freedom of expression
(b) there was no interest in art
(c) the artist had total freedom of expression
(d) the priests dictated the pattern for art
4. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
(c) its literature
(d) daily life
5. The Athenians and Spartans fought because _________________________.
(a) Sparta was weaker than Athens
(b) both were weak
(c) both were powerful
(d) Athens was weaker than Sparta
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
3. What was not a function of the chorus?
4. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
5. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)