|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the plays of Aristophanes?
(c) Oedipus Rex
2. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) King Lear
3. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
(b) noone in particular
(c) the elected leaders
(d) the aristocracy
4. Greek tragedy is characterized by ____________________________________.
(a) emotional upheaval
(b) calmness, serenity and absence of struggle
(c) a great deal of violence
(d) a great struggle
5. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) pure concepts
(b) the symbol
(c) there is no reality in art
(d) he ignores reality
Short Answer Questions
1. In Egypt ___________________________.
2. According to Pericles, _________________________.
3. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
4. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)