|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamilton, tragedy involves _________________________.
(a) physical pain
(b) the suffering of the soul
2. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
3. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
(b) as many as needed
4. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
5. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(b) ransoming a rich Persian noble
(c) from his father's estate
(d) by being a successful businessman
Short Answer Questions
1. Tragedy in drama began with whom?
2. Aristophanes is described as _____________________.
3. Hamilton feels there is a great deal of similarity between Aristophanes and the comedy of ______________________.
4. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
5. As a young man, Xenophon was ________________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)