|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(a) Julius Caesar
2. Aeschylus was ______________________.
(a) the last writer of tragedy
(b) a writer of mystery
(c) the first writer of tragedy
(d) a writer of prose
3. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires briefness
(b) requires facts
(c) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(d) calls for simple statements
4. The first scientists were the _________________.
5. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) copies, doesn't create
(b) creates from within
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) the Buddhists have no interest in art
Short Answer Questions
1. The tragedies of Aeschylus present death and suffering in a way that __________________________.
2. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
3. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
4. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
5. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)