|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the presumptions of Aristophanes' plays?
(a) the audience is aware of the current thought and literature
(b) the audience must be educated
(c) the audience is ignorant of literature
(d) the audience will not understand his points without the chorus
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) the orders of the priests
(c) abstractions of reality
(d) the reality of what the artist sees
3. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
(a) for men only
(b) for the upper classes only
(c) enjoyed by both men and women
(d) for athletes only
4. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
5. Aeschylus felt that the cause of misery was _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term does not apply to the Theater of Dionysus?
2. The Greeks _________________________.
3. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
4. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)