|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) wanted to do their own thinking
(b) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(c) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(d) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
2. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(a) average man
3. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical and spiritual perfection
(b) a lack of the spiritual
(c) moral corruption
(d) physical slovenliness
4. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
(a) that men should work
(b) to see what honorable men did for amusement
(c) that men should participate in the games
(d) that there should be leisure time
5. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
(a) is a mixture of pain and pleasure
(b) makes people sad
(c) makes people cry
(d) is a mixture of comedy and sadness
Short Answer Questions
1. Until the time of Aeschylus, poetry was concerned with _____________________________.
2. Euripides wrote his plays how many years after Aeschylus?
3. According to Hamilton, Greek religion developed from _____________________________.
4. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
5. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)