|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
2. Aeschylus believed in the _____________________.
(a) wrath of God
(b) justice of God
(c) cruelty of man
(d) abuse of power
3. Euripides wrote his plays how many years after Aeschylus?
(d) one hundred
4. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) lived by the same standards as others
(b) were liars and cheaters
(c) had its own standard to live by
(d) were not honorable men
5. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
2. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
5. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)