|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) requires briefness
(c) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(d) calls for simple statements
3. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
4. What characterizes the tragedies of Aeschylus?
(d) passive acceptance
5. As a result of the Peloponnesian War, _______________________________________.
(a) Sparta adopted the Athenian culture
(b) the Athenian culture and its contirubtions to the world ended
(c) the Athenian culture spread
(d) Sparta merged wih Athens
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
2. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
4. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
5. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)