|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
2. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
(a) very different from the styles of English writing
(b) incapable of being translated into English
(c) more ornate than English writing
(d) the same as English writing
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) where he would go after life
(b) on life itself
(c) on art and culture
(d) on life and death
4. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
(b) holy book
5. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) freedom and liberty
(b) ownership of slaves
(c) national boundaries
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
2. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
3. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)