|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
(d) as many as needed
2. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) lived by the same standards as others
(b) were not honorable men
(c) had its own standard to live by
(d) were liars and cheaters
3. According to Hamilton, Greek religion developed from _____________________________.
(a) the prophets
(b) the priests
(c) the poets, artists and philosophers
(d) the elite
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
3. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
4. Which one of Shakespeare's tragedies comes closest to the tragedies of Aeschylus?
5. Until the time of Aeschylus, poetry was concerned with _____________________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)