|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
(c) way of life
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) the symbol
(b) he ignores reality
(c) pure concepts
(d) there is no reality in art
3. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) influenced by the East
(b) highly ornate
(c) followed the style of the Egyptians
(d) a simple expression of the intellect
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(a) the basis for science
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
2. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
3. Aeschylus had been ________________________-.
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)