|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
(a) poetic expression
(c) beutiful workmanship
(d) great intellect
3. Which of the following is not a play of Euripides'?
(b) Trojan Women
4. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(a) contol by priests
5. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
(a) the history of the godw
(b) the war with Sparta
(c) life in Athens
(d) his travels and the Persian War
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
2. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
5. Poetic license ________________________________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)