|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
(b) everyday life
(d) the writer's personal life
2. Tragedy, in Hamilton's view, ________________________________.
(a) makes people sad
(b) is a mixture of pain and pleasure
(c) is a mixture of comedy and sadness
(d) makes people cry
3. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
(b) romance novel
(c) comic book
(d) sports page
4. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) had its own standard to live by
(b) were liars and cheaters
(c) were not honorable men
(d) lived by the same standards as others
5. Xenophon felt that it was significant ________________________________.
(a) to see what honorable men did for amusement
(b) that men should participate in the games
(c) that there should be leisure time
(d) that men should work
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
3. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
4. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
5. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)