|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamilton, tragedy is the domain of whom?
(b) prose writers
(c) comedy writers
(d) any kind of writer
2. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
(a) outer change does not affect inner control
(b) man has no cont rol over either
(c) outer change brings about inner chance
(d) man can control outer change
3. Which of the following is not a name associated with Greek tragedy?
4. To the Greek thinkers, religion was ______________________.
(a) a search for the truth
(b) engorced by priests
(d) accepted by all as a necessary evil
5. Which tragedian is considered to be the most modern?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many actors were in a play written by Aristophanes?
2. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
3. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
4. The Athenian audience of Aristophanes ___________________________.
5. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)