|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) simple school of writing
(b) ornate school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) austere school of writing
2. The subject of Greek tragedy came from _________________________.
(a) everyday life
(b) the writer's personal life
3. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
(a) enjoyed by both men and women
(b) for men only
(c) for athletes only
(d) for the upper classes only
4. Until the time of Aeschylus, poetry was concerned with _____________________________.
(a) the misery of the world
(b) pain and suffering
(c) the beauty of the world
(d) the reality of life
5. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(a) by being a successful businessman
(c) ransoming a rich Persian noble
(d) from his father's estate
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. The Greek gods and goddesses began with the writing of _____________________________.
3. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
4. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
5. Which is one of the two periods of tragedy in literary history?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)