|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
(a) romance novel
(b) sports page
(d) comic book
2. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(b) from his father's estate
(c) by being a successful businessman
(d) ransoming a rich Persian noble
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(a) the basis for science
4. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of history
(b) the father of travel
(c) the father of tragedy
(d) the father of comedy
5. As a young man, Xenophon was ________________________.
(a) exiled from Sparta
(b) sent to study with Socrates
(c) sent to Athens to find a wife
(d) sent to work in Athens
Short Answer Questions
1. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
4. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
5. Which of the following terms applies to the religion of the ancient Greeks?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)