|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
2. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(c) plain and matter of fact
(d) full of symbolism
3. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of tragedy
(b) the father of history
(c) the father of travel
(d) the father of comedy
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was limited to matters of religion only
(b) was to function as advisors
(c) was to teach the population
(d) covered all intellectual activitries
5. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(d) contol by priests
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. Greek tragedy came into being because _______________________________________.
3. Before Aeschylus, Greek drama consisted of ____________________________.
4. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
5. Aeschylus had been ________________________-.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)