|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
(c) not important in the life of the ancient Greeks
(d) represented by the gods and goddesses they believed in
2. What is not a similarity between Macbeth and Aeschylus?
(a) the castles were bright and cheerful places
(b) there was an atmosphere of death
(c) there was an atmosphere of evil and doom
(d) it was always night at the castle
3. Greek tragedy is characterized by ____________________________________.
(a) a great deal of violence
(b) emotional upheaval
(c) a great struggle
(d) calmness, serenity and absence of struggle
4. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Bible
(b) the Greeks
(d) the Hebrews
5. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
(a) beutiful workmanship
(b) poetic expression
(c) great intellect
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
4. The works of Aristophanes were _______________________.
5. Hamilton compares reading Aristophanes to reading a _________________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)