|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, The Religion of the Greeks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is one of the two periods of tragedy in literary history?
(a) the Constantinople of the Ottomans
(b) the Rome of Julius Caesar
(c) the Athens of Pericles
(d) the England of Henry V
2. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
(a) discipline in the military
(b) Greek society
(c) how the retreat of the Ten Thousand was successful
(d) the defeat of the Persians
3. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(d) contol by priests
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) they would destroy the body
(b) the body must return to dust
(c) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
(d) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
Short Answer Questions
1. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
2. During the war, Thucydides was _______________________.
3. By the time Aristophanes began writing, Greek drama was ________________________.
4. Sophocles' characters ________________________________.
5. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)