|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(b) creates what he is told to create
(c) creates from within
(d) copies, doesn't create
3. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
4. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
5. Greek writing is based on __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
2. The Greek artist was __________________________.
3. In Egypt ___________________________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)