|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) lack of caring
(d) role of reason
3. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(d) plain and matter of fact
4. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) simple school of writing
(b) ornate school of writing
(c) austere school of writing
(d) aristocratic school of writing
5. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
(a) very different from the styles of English writing
(b) more ornate than English writing
(c) incapable of being translated into English
(d) the same as English writing
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
2. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
3. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
4. Which city did Pindar live in?
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)