|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
(a) pure concepts
(b) the symbol
(c) he ignores reality
(d) there is no reality in art
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on fear
(b) role of reason
(c) lack of caring
(d) emphasis on ignorance
3. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) simple school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) austere school of writing
4. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(c) the basis for science
5. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(b) the reality of what the artist sees
(c) abstractions of reality
(d) the orders of the priests
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
2. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
3. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
4. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
5. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)