|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) copies, doesn't create
(b) the Buddhists have no interest in art
(c) creates from within
(d) creates what he is told to create
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Hebrews
(b) the Bible
(d) the Greeks
3. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) covered all intellectual activitries
(b) was limited to matters of religion only
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was to teach the population
5. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) were powerless
(b) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(c) taught the common man
(d) yielded to the power of the king
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
2. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
3. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
4. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
5. The Hindu artist ________________________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)