|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
(a) the intellectuals
(b) the common man
(c) the athletes of the games
(d) the kind
2. What was important to Greek poets?
3. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) ornate style
(b) abstract concepts
(c) the beauty of common things
4. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
5. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
2. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
3. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
4. The Hindu artist ________________________.
5. The spiritual side of the ancient Greeks is _______________________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)