|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were not honorable men
(b) had its own standard to live by
(c) lived by the same standards as others
(d) were liars and cheaters
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) role of reason
(c) lack of caring
(d) emphasis on fear
3. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) calls for simple statements
(c) requires briefness
(d) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) austere school of writing
(b) simple school of writing
(c) ornate school of writing
(d) aristocratic school of writing
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pericles, _________________________.
2. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
3. What was important to Greek poets?
4. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
5. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)