|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
2. Which Pharaoh opposed the priests?
(d) Julius Caesar
3. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) repetition is good
(b) words are to be used sparingly
(c) writing should be ornate
(d) the longer a passage is, the better it is
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the misery of everyday life
(b) belief in God
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) good living conditions
Short Answer Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
2. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
3. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)