|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) moral corruption
(b) physical slovenliness
(c) a lack of the spiritual
(d) physical and spiritual perfection
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
(d) contol by priests
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on fear
(b) lack of caring
(c) emphasis on ignorance
(d) role of reason
4. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) calls for simple statements
(b) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(c) requires briefness
(d) requires facts
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
(a) the movement to a higher level
(b) security, peace and pleasure
(c) existence with God
(d) the continuation of misery
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
5. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)