|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
(b) spiritual materialists
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
(a) abstractions of reality
(b) the reality of what the artist sees
(d) the orders of the priests
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to teach the population
(b) was to function as advisors
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
4. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were not honorable men
(b) were liars and cheaters
(c) lived by the same standards as others
(d) had its own standard to live by
5. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)