|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) about the same
(b) very ornate
(c) easier to interpret
(d) much simpler
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) were liars and cheaters
(b) were not honorable men
(c) lived by the same standards as others
(d) had its own standard to live by
4. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the priests
(b) anyone who wanted to
(c) the common man
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Buddhist
(b) the Greek
(c) the Hindu
(d) the Egyptian
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
3. The Greek artist was __________________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
5. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)