|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the priests
(b) the common man
(d) anyone who wanted to
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical and spiritual perfection
(b) moral corruption
(c) physical slovenliness
(d) a lack of the spiritual
5. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
2. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
3. The artist conceptualizes reality in the form of _______________________.
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)