|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) austere school of writing
(b) aristocratic school of writing
(c) ornate school of writing
(d) simple school of writing
2. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) a simple expression of the intellect
(b) influenced by the East
(c) followed the style of the Egyptians
(d) highly ornate
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
(a) be interpreted
(b) have the style and meaning lost in the translation
(c) be accomodated to the English style
(d) be translated into English
4. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) support of the Egyptians
(b) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(c) criticism of the king
Short Answer Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
4. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
5. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)