|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read and translate
(c) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read but hardest to translate
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) anyone who wanted to
(b) the common man
(d) the priests
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
(a) be translated into English
(b) be accomodated to the English style
(c) have the style and meaning lost in the translation
(d) be interpreted
4. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(b) the living
(c) intellectual activities
(d) the dead
5. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
2. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
3. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
4. The first scientists were the _________________.
5. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)