|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(c) plain and matter of fact
2. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on life and death
(b) on life itself
(c) where he would go after life
(d) on art and culture
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Greek
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Hindu
(d) the Buddhist
Short Answer Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
2. What was important to Greek poets?
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)