|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) they would destroy the body
(b) the body must return to dust
(c) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
(d) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
2. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(b) requires briefness
(c) requires facts
(d) calls for simple statements
3. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
(b) the aristocracy
(c) noone in particular
(d) the elected leaders
4. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) role of reason
(c) emphasis on fear
(d) lack of caring
5. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(b) the poetry in Greek tragedy
(c) the poetry in Greek comedy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
4. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
5. What was important to Greek poets?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)