|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(b) they were cancelled for lack of participation
(c) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(d) they were only held when the king wanted them
2. The Egyptians believed that when a man died _____________________________________.
(a) it didn't matter what he was surrounded with
(b) they would destroy the body
(c) the body must return to dust
(d) he should have with him the same kind of things that he had in life
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. Those who are primarily concerned with the spiritual become ___________.
5. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) abstract concepts
(b) ornate style
(c) the beauty of common things
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
4. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
5. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)