|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city did Pindar live in?
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) ornate school of writing
(b) austere school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) simple school of writing
3. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on art and culture
(b) where he would go after life
(c) on life and death
(d) on life itself
4. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
(a) the kind
(b) the intellectuals
(c) the common man
(d) the athletes of the games
5. The power of the Egyptian priests came from ____________________________.
(a) their ability to teach
(b) the people
(c) the ingorance and fear of others
(d) their power over the king
Short Answer Questions
1. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Pindar's writing?
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)