|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(b) had the most freedom
(c) had limited freedom
(d) had no freedom
3. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) role of reason
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) emphasis on ignorance
(d) lack of caring
4. In Egypt ___________________________.
(a) the priests dictated the pattern for art
(b) the artist had total freedom of expression
(c) the artist had some freedom of expression
(d) there was no interest in art
5. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the world of the dead represent to the ancient Egyptians?
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. The distinction between mind and spirit is important in the area of ___________.
5. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)