|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was to teach the population
(b) covered all intellectual activitries
(c) was to function as advisors
(d) was limited to matters of religion only
2. Before the development of Athens, which group handled intellectual activities?
(a) the priests
(b) anyone who wanted to
(c) the common man
3. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) simple school of writing
(b) ornate school of writing
(c) aristocratic school of writing
(d) austere school of writing
4. The Greek architecture of the time was _________________________________.
(a) followed the style of the Egyptians
(b) highly ornate
(c) a simple expression of the intellect
(d) influenced by the East
5. What had the most freedom as an artist?
(a) the Hindu
(b) the Egyptian
(c) the Buddhist
(d) the Greek
Short Answer Questions
1. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
2. The term used to describe the Greek artist is ______________________.
3. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
4. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
5. Which city did Pindar live in?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)