|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(b) easiest to read but hardest to translate
(c) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read and translate
2. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
(b) the aristocracy
(c) noone in particular
(d) the elected leaders
3. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
4. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on art and culture
(b) on life and death
(c) on life itself
(d) where he would go after life
5. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
2. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
4. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
5. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)