|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Buddhist artist ________________________.
(a) creates from within
(b) copies, doesn't create
(c) creates what he is told to create
(d) the Buddhists have no interest in art
2. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) belief in God
(b) the misery of everyday life
(c) the fairness of the ruler
(d) good living conditions
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. Which city did Pindar live in?
5. The Greek artist was __________________________.
(a) not creative
(b) dictated to by the priests
(c) limited by his mind and what he saw
Short Answer Questions
1. The first scientists were the _________________.
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)