|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
(a) easiest to read and translate
(c) most difficult to read and translate
(d) easiest to read but hardest to translate
2. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
(a) more ornate than English writing
(b) the same as English writing
(c) incapable of being translated into English
(d) very different from the styles of English writing
3. Greek writing is based on __________________.
4. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) good living conditions
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) belief in God
5. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) use their power to help others
(b) use their power to improve their own position
(c) ignore their responsibilities
(d) abuse the power
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hindu artist ________________________.
2. Greek art is based on _________________________.
3. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
4. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)