|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pindar: The Last Greek Aristocrat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
2. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) about the same
(b) easier to interpret
(c) very ornate
(d) much simpler
3. The Hindu artist ________________________.
(a) had limited freedom
(b) was dictated to by Hindu priests
(c) had no freedom
(d) had the most freedom
4. The priests of ancient Egypt _____________________________.
(a) yielded to the power of the king
(b) guarded their position of power as intellectuals
(c) taught the common man
(d) were powerless
5. Which city did Pindar live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
2. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
5. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)