|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
(a) be accomodated to the English style
(b) be translated into English
(c) be interpreted
(d) have the style and meaning lost in the translation
2. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
(a) Athens and Sparta fight to the bitter end
(b) Athens merge with Sparta
(c) Athens and Sparta hold peace talks at Delphi
(d) there was no way to end the war
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
5. The Greeks _________________________.
(a) applied no limits to thoughts
(b) practiced mind control
(c) limited thought to certain fields
(d) limited intellectual thought to priests
Short Answer Questions
1. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
3. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
4. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
5. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)