|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) there was a literary class
(b) the priests were the literary class
(c) the teachers were the literary class
(d) there was no literary class
4. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
5. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) lack of caring
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on fear
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
2. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
3. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
4. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
5. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)