|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
(a) intellectual with vitality
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the forums
(b) in the schools
(c) wherever men met
(d) in the temples
3. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
(b) The Treatise on War
(c) A History of War
(d) The History of the Peloponnesian War
4. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) disputes should be settled by war
(b) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(c) states should be orientated toward war
(d) all states should seek power
5. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
2. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
3. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
4. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
5. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)