|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(a) seem cold and unemotional
(c) interested in humanity
2. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
3. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
4. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
(a) Athens and Sparta fight to the bitter end
(b) there was no way to end the war
(c) Athens and Sparta hold peace talks at Delphi
(d) Athens merge with Sparta
5. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) lack of caring
(b) emphasis on fear
(c) emphasis on ignorance
(d) role of reason
Short Answer Questions
1. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
2. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
3. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
4. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
5. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)