|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
2. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the priests were the literary class
(b) there was a literary class
(c) the teachers were the literary class
(d) there was no literary class
3. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the temples
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the schools
4. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
5. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(a) the poetry in Greek comedy
(d) the poetry in Greek tragedy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
2. What word best describes the ancient Athenians?
3. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
4. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
5. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)