|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
(a) requires facts
(b) requires briefness
(c) allows the poet to write in whatever way he wants
(d) calls for simple statements
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
(a) emphasis on ignorance
(b) lack of caring
(c) role of reason
(d) emphasis on fear
3. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
4. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) freedom and liberty
(b) national boundaries
(c) ownership of slaves
5. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a young man, Xenophon was ________________________.
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
5. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)