|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
2. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of travel
(b) the father of comedy
(c) the father of tragedy
(d) the father of history
3. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
(a) Athens merge with Sparta
(b) Athens and Sparta fight to the bitter end
(c) Athens and Sparta hold peace talks at Delphi
(d) there was no way to end the war
4. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
5. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
3. According to Pericles, _________________________.
4. What was characteristic of Greek art?
5. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)