|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
2. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
(a) abstract concepts
(b) ornate style
(d) the beauty of common things
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) very ornate
(b) easier to interpret
(c) much simpler
(d) about the same
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(b) plain and matter of fact
(d) full of symbolism
5. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) national boundaries
(b) freedom and liberty
(d) ownership of slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
2. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
3. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
4. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
5. Greek writing is based on __________________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)