|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
(a) only the facts he velieved
(b) only what he found and substantiated
(c) anything he heard
(d) the facts whether he believed them or not
2. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(b) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(c) wanted to do their own thinking
(d) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
3. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) easier to interpret
(b) much simpler
(c) very ornate
(d) about the same
4. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
5. Greek writing is based on __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
2. Which of the following names is not considered to be one of the imponderables?
3. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
4. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
5. Poetic license ________________________________________.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)