|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of Sophocles ________________________.
(a) the teachers were the literary class
(b) there was no literary class
(c) the priests were the literary class
(d) there was a literary class
2. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Hebrews
(c) the Bible
(d) the Greeks
3. The Greeks had different rules of standards that applied to different people. This is evidence of their ________________.
4. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
5. The world's first academy was in _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
2. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
3. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
4. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
5. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)