|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to take an interest in mankind
(b) to write in verse
(c) to write of history
(d) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
2. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
3. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(c) plain and matter of fact
(d) full of symbolism
4. Greek writing is based on __________________.
5. The Greek acceptance of reality, as given in an oration by Pericles, makes them ___________________________.
(c) interested in humanity
(d) seem cold and unemotional
Short Answer Questions
1. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
2. Herodotus is known as ______________.
3. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
4. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
5. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)