|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herodotus is known as ______________.
(a) the father of tragedy
(b) the father of travel
(c) the father of history
(d) the father of comedy
2. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
3. Plato viewed the Greek people as ___________________.
(d) intellectual with vitality
4. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
(a) its literature
(c) daily life
5. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(a) ransoming a rich Persian noble
(b) by being a successful businessman
(d) from his father's estate
Short Answer Questions
1. Poetic license ________________________________________.
2. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
3. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
4. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
5. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)