|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) all states should seek power
(b) states should be orientated toward war
(c) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(d) disputes should be settled by war
2. The war with the Persians ended with the battle at ___________________.
3. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(b) criticism of the king
(c) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(d) support of the Egyptians
4. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
5. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(b) freedom and liberty
(c) ownership of slaves
(d) national boundaries
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing is based on __________________.
2. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
3. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
4. How old was Herodotus at the time of the defeat of the Persians?
5. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)