|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
2. Who was the only Athenian to suffer death for his opinions?
3. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(b) wanted to do their own thinking
(c) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(d) were not interested in intellectual thinking
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(d) plain and matter of fact
5. In Greece, the role of the priests _____________________________.
(a) was limited to matters of religion only
(b) was to teach the population
(c) covered all intellectual activitries
(d) was to function as advisors
Short Answer Questions
1. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
2. One of the differences in the society of the Greeks was the __________________.
3. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
4. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
5. A Greek writer was concerned with ______________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)