|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would you expect to give the shortest account of a situation?
(a) the Greeks
(c) the Hebrews
(d) the Bible
2. Greek writing is based on __________________.
3. What terms would not apply to Xenophon?
4. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
(a) no comparison
(c) about the same
5. Compared to Greek writing, English poetry is ____________________.
(a) easier to interpret
(b) about the same
(c) much simpler
(d) very ornate
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Greeks feel about slavery?
2. The first games, contests and competitions were held in _____________.
3. Marathon was the site of ____________________________.
4. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
5. Herodotus reported _____________________________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)