|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
(a) there was no plan
(b) make slaves of the leaders
(c) kill all the officers and leaders
(d) split the force in half
2. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
3. What was characteristic of Greek art?
(a) mind stronger than spirit
(b) mind and spirit have no effect on art
(c) spirit stronger than mind
(d) mind and spirit in equal balance
4. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the forums
(b) in the schools
(c) wherever men met
(d) in the temples
5. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(b) writing should be ornate
(c) repetition is good
(d) words are to be used sparingly
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
2. Herodotus' History is concerned with ___________________________.
3. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
4. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
5. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)