|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
(a) daily life
(b) its literature
2. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) freedom and liberty
(b) national boundaries
(d) ownership of slaves
3. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) in the temples
(c) in the forums
(d) wherever men met
4. The dialogues of Plato indicate that Athenians _________________________-.
(a) were not interested in intellectual thinking
(b) delegated intellectual things to the teachers
(c) were not intereted in intellectual discussions
(d) wanted to do their own thinking
5. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
2. Who was the first writer to condemn slavery?
3. The first scientists were the _________________.
4. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
5. What was characteristic of Greek art?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)