|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herodotus was the first Greek _______________________________.
(a) to write of history
(b) to write in prose and have it accepted as poetry
(c) to take an interest in mankind
(d) to write in verse
2. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
(b) by being a successful businessman
(c) ransoming a rich Persian noble
(d) from his father's estate
3. What was the major issue in the war with the Persians?
(a) national boundaries
(b) freedom and liberty
(d) ownership of slaves
4. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
5. After traveling, Xenophon went to live in _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to the Hebrew writing in the Bible, Greek writing is ______________.
2. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
3. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
4. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
5. One way to learn the values of a society is to look at ______________________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)