|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opposition to slavery was open and evident in the time of ______________.
2. Through Xenophon, one can view the life of the _______________________.
(d) average man
3. The literature indicates that life differed in Athens, as compared to Egypt, by which century?
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) writing should be ornate
(b) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(c) repetition is good
(d) words are to be used sparingly
5. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
(a) in the schools
(b) wherever men met
(c) in the forums
(d) in the temples
Short Answer Questions
1. The only sources of knowledge in Greece were the _______________.
2. Xenophon suggested that _____________________________________.
3. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
4. Xenophon because wealthy by __________________________.
5. The first scientists were the _________________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)