|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
(a) corruption of youth and introduction of new gods
(b) support of the Egyptians
(c) criticism of the king
2. The games and competitions were considered so important by the Greeks that __________________________________.
(a) they were only held when the king wanted them
(b) they were suspended during wars and conflicts
(c) a truce of God was called at the start of the games
(d) they were cancelled for lack of participation
3. The freedom of Athenian thought and expression led to ____________________.
(d) the basis for science
4. One writer whose works reveal the values of the society is ______________.
5. The Persian plan to defeat the Ten Thousand was to _________________________________.
(a) split the force in half
(b) there was no plan
(c) kill all the officers and leaders
(d) make slaves of the leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. Herodotus is classified as a writer of ____________________.
2. The first scientists were the _________________.
3. Who, among the following, was a teacher?
4. Intellectual discussions took place _________________.
5. The Greeks _________________________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)