|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Xenophon: The Ordinary Athenian Gentleman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Greek writing?
2. What does Hamilton consider to be the greatest of all Greek poetry?
(b) the poetry in Greek tragedy
(d) the poetry in Greek comedy
3. Xenophon's book is about _______________________________.
(a) the defeat of the Persians
(b) Greek society
(c) how the retreat of the Ten Thousand was successful
(d) discipline in the military
4. According to Pericles, _________________________.
(a) writing should be ornate
(b) words are to be used sparingly
(c) the longer a passage is, the better it is
(d) repetition is good
5. Xenophon felt that ___________________________________.
(a) diplomacy should be used to avert war
(b) disputes should be settled by war
(c) states should be orientated toward war
(d) all states should seek power
Short Answer Questions
1. Xenophon is famous for his book called __________________________________.
2. The style of Greek writing is _____________________________________.
3. Greek writing can be characterized as ______________________.
4. Greek writing can easily ________________________________________.
5. What was the crime that Socrates committed that resulted in his execution?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)