|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
(a) ignore their responsibilities
(b) use their power to improve their own position
(c) use their power to help others
(d) abuse the power
2. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(b) full of symbolism
(c) full of imagery
3. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
4. What was important to Greek poets?
5. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
(a) Athens and Rome
(b) Thebes and Peloponnesia
(c) Athens and Sparta
(d) Sparta and Thebes
Short Answer Questions
1. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
2. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
3. Why is Pindar considered to be important?
4. Sophocles differs from Aeschylus in that Sophocles ______________________________.
5. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)