|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) a lack of the spiritual
(b) physical and spiritual perfection
(c) physical slovenliness
(d) moral corruption
2. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
(c) Oesipus at Colonus
(d) Oedipus Rex
3. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
4. According to Schopenhauer, what world applies to the tragedies of Sophocles?
5. Thucydides wrote a history of the war between ______________________.
(a) Athens and Sparta
(b) Athens and Rome
(c) Sparta and Thebes
(d) Thebes and Peloponnesia
Short Answer Questions
1. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
2. Thucydides wrote _________________________.
3. What are the terms Hamilton uses to describe the works of Sophocles?
4. Thucydides wanted his work to be ________________________.
5. During the war, Thucydides was _______________________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)