|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophocles felt that honor of men was expressed by their ______________.
(c) way of life
2. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) physical slovenliness
(b) a lack of the spiritual
(c) physical and spiritual perfection
(d) moral corruption
3. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
(a) outer change does not affect inner control
(b) outer change brings about inner chance
(c) man has no cont rol over either
(d) man can control outer change
4. What was important to Greek poets?
5. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(c) full of imagery
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
3. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
4. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
5. The Athenians and Spartans fought because _________________________.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)