|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poetry of Pindar is described as _________________.
(a) full of symbolism
(b) full of imagery
2. What was important to Greek poets?
3. Which of the following terms would not represent the views of Sophocles?
(a) fair hamony
4. How many decades separated Sophocles from Aeschylus?
5. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
(a) wars were covered by broken treaties
(b) the desire for power was not a cause of war
(c) power and wealth created the desire for more power and wealth
(d) the desire for wealth was not a cause of war
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laid the foundation for the Greek democracy?
2. Pindar believed that the wealthy and powerful would _____________________________.
3. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
4. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
5. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)