|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sophocles feel about inner versus outer control?
(a) man has no cont rol over either
(b) man can control outer change
(c) outer change does not affect inner control
(d) outer change brings about inner chance
2. The Greeks classified Pindar in the ________________________.
(a) austere school of writing
(b) simple school of writing
(c) ornate school of writing
(d) aristocratic school of writing
3. The Greek aristocracy_______________________.
(a) had its own standard to live by
(b) were not honorable men
(c) were liars and cheaters
(d) lived by the same standards as others
4. To Pindar, the Greek aristocracy represented ___________________________.
(a) moral corruption
(b) physical slovenliness
(c) physical and spiritual perfection
(d) a lack of the spiritual
5. What was important to Greek poets?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
2. Of all the Greek poets, Pindar is described as the _____________________________.
3. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
4. Who was charged with leadership in the Greek society of Pindar's time?
5. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)