|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Sophocles: Quintessence of the Greek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamilton compares Sophocles to ________________.
(c) John Milton
2. Pindar's poems praised _________________________.
(a) the common man
(b) the athletes of the games
(c) the intellectuals
(d) the kind
3. Which word does not have a bad connotation to the Greeks?
4. According to Schopenhauer, what world applies to the tragedies of Sophocles?
5. Thucydides wrote _________________________.
(a) The History of the Trojan War
(b) The History of the Peloponnesian War
(c) The History of the Spartan War
(d) The History of the Athenian War
Short Answer Questions
1. Thucydides felt that ___________________________________.
2. Which of the following is not a play of Sophocles?
3. What was important to Greek poets?
4. What happened to the captured survivors of battles?
5. Thucydides wanted his work to be ________________________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)