Chapter 1, East and West
1. Which city was responsible for a new civilization?
2. Which of the following is not a name associated with the Athens civilization of this time?
3. The Ancient Greeks of the time exhibited a ________________________.
(a) a desire for imperialism
(b) new power of the mind
(c) lack of interest in cultural and intellectual pursuits
(d) the same interests as other civilizations
4. In the ancient world, before the rise of Athens and the Greeks, the greatest civilization was ________________.
5. The primary interest of the ancient Egyptians was a preoccupation with _______________.
(a) the dead
(b) intellectual activities
(c) the living
6. Reality to the ancient Egyptian, was directed toward _____________________.
(a) on life and death
(b) on life itself
(c) where he would go after life
(d) on art and culture
7. What is the reason for the Egyptian preoccupation with death?
(a) the fairness of the ruler
(b) good living conditions
(c) the misery of everyday life
(d) belief in God
This section contains 3,738 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)