|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kretschmer say the local citizenry were like parrots?
2. What did Taubner occasionally join?
3. What were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" marked as?
4. What type of village was not targeted by mass killings?
5. When did Taubner commit his crime of unsanctioned mass murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Kube attacked in several letters?
2. What promotion was Kremer pleased with?
3. How were the letters between Fritz and Lieutenant-General Querner shocking?
4. What did Kremer begin to pursue a few weeks after arriving at Auschwitz?
5. What work detail did Rudolf Hoss lead?
6. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
7. Who was Fritz Jacob, and how did he describe the Jews?
8. What happened in Taubner's military service?
9. What happened to the children at Byelaya Tserkov after the execution of their parents?
10. How did Belzec's killing operation run prior to August 1942, according to "The Wansee Conference decisions implemented"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine one theme from The Good Old Days and analyze its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the feelings or lack thereof of those who participated in or witnessed massacres during the Holocaust.
Essay Topic 3
What methods did the Nazis undertake to eliminate the evidence of their crimes?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)