|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the German soldier bring the little girl in to her execution in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner on the killing of the children"?
2. How many people did Mentz remember killing?
3. How did Max Taubner describe himself according to "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943"?
4. How many people were executed in the events of "An officer cadet on the killing of the adults"?
5. When did the events of "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to future shipments of Jews?
2. What was Kretschmer enthusiastic about?
3. What was the substantial sum of cash sent by Gauleiter Greiser meant for?
4. What was the Byelaya Tserkov, and what began in August of 1941, according to "In the interest of maintaining military discipline"?
5. What happened to non-Jewish citizens?
6. Why was Kube attacked in several letters?
7. What promotion was Kremer pleased with?
8. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
9. How were the letters between Fritz and Lieutenant-General Querner shocking?
10. What did Adolf Eichmann express horror about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difficulties of managing mass murder as discussed in The Good Old Days.
Essay Topic 2
Argue for or against the concept of accidental witnessing when the killing takes several hours.
Essay Topic 3
What was the massacre at Byelaya Tserkov, and what concerns were raised regarding the imprisonment and execution?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)