|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kretschmer assure his children he was not doing immoderately?
2. Who said "I only took part in the murder of some three million people out of consideration for my family" according to "'Food in the officers' mess excellent'--Auschwitz"?
3. What period of time did "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." cover?
4. What did Fritz mention in his letters about his girlfriend?
5. How many Jews did Taubner kill during his unsanctioned mass murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What work detail did Rudolf Hoss lead?
2. How did the train journey to Belzec begin?
3. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
4. How were the letters between Fritz and Lieutenant-General Querner shocking?
5. What did a German soldier that witnessed 162 executions claim, and why does this seem contradictory?
6. What was the Byelaya Tserkov, and what began in August of 1941, according to "In the interest of maintaining military discipline"?
7. Who was Kurt Franz, and what did he see in his first day at Treblinka?
8. Why did Taubner's time in a German prison benefit him?
9. What defense did Mobius try to use during his trial after the War?
10. What happened in Taubner's military service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between unsanctioned and sanctioned mass murder in the eyes of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of voluntary verses involuntary participation in mass murders and the Holocaust.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how murder can become dehumanizing for those tasked with the process of execution.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)