|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kurt Möbius sentenced for after the war?
2. What was the position of the man who said "I only took part in the murder of some three million people out of consideration for my family"?
3. When were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" sent?
4. How many people people were executed at a time in "An officer cadet on the killing of the adults"?
5. What did Gauleiter ask Himmler in "Gauleiter Greiser to Himmler, 19 March 1943"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the substantial sum of cash sent by Gauleiter Greiser meant for?
2. What happened to non-Jewish citizens?
3. What does the author recall about escorting one of the children of Byelaya Tserkov to his death?
4. Why was Kube attacked in several letters?
5. What did Adolf Eichmann express horror about?
6. What happened to the children at Byelaya Tserkov after the execution of their parents?
7. Why did Taubner's time in a German prison benefit him?
8. What work detail did Rudolf Hoss lead?
9. What promotion was Kremer pleased with?
10. Who was Pfannestiel, and what contradiction did he present regarding Nazi Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of the Wansee Conference in January 1942 and how it changed the extermination process.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the historical significance and importance of understanding the Holocaust prior to reading The Good Old Days.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how murder was institutionalized under the Nazi government.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)