|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mistress of the author of "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews"?
2. What method of execution followed shooting the victims while waiting for the industrial solutions to be put in place?
3. What name was given to those who forced Jews to enter the line up before their executioners?
4. When did the Babi Yar ravine massacre occur?
5. Who was the first document written about in "Each time a victim was beaten to death they started to clap"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did accompanying photographs of the Babi Yar ravine show?
2. What was the myth examined in "Quite happy to take part in shootings"?
3. What did the statements in "Quite happy to take part in shootings" collectively demonstrate about individual participation in the Holocaust?
4. What time period did the excerpts from the diary of a cycle battalion cover?
5. What problematic juxtaposition was posed regarding organ tissue in the "Introduction"?
6. What does the "Introduction" provide a history of the development of?
7. What does the book proper consist of according to "The brutalization of precious German manpower," and how is it divided?
8. What edition was the "Preface" taken from, and what does it include?
9. Who wrote the "Foreword" and what does the writer discuss?
10. What is the question of mass murder raised in the "Foreword"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difficulties of managing mass murder as discussed in The Good Old Days.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of the concentration camps, why they were started, and the crimes committed at the camps.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the feelings or lack thereof of those who participated in or witnessed massacres during the Holocaust.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)