|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the events in "Present at the execution with heads of other authorities" take place?
2. How many Jews were killed in the events described by Johannes Blaskowitz?
3. What punishment do some mistakenly say soldiers who refused to participate in mass killings were subjected to?
4. How many Jewish Lithuanians were killed in June 1941?
5. What was the first method used by Nazis to kill Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Execution as popular entertainment" say about Jewish executions?
2. What was noted in a few instances of those who refused to participate in mass killings?
3. What did the Jager Report recommend?
4. What did a customs official say regarding the organization of the murders in Vinnitsa and Brailov?
5. What was "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews" an excerpt of?
6. What problematic juxtaposition was posed regarding organ tissue in the "Introduction"?
7. What were Jews made to do during the executions at the Babi Yar ravine?
8. How did the Wehrmacht lose local popularity?
9. What did "Each time a victim was beaten to death they started to clap" examine regarding the early stages of the Holocaust?
10. Who was Oberst and what did he recount?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What methods did the Nazis undertake to eliminate the evidence of their crimes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Dr. Kremer's scientific experiment with others at Auschwitz during the Holocaust and examine the implications caused by such experimentation.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of the Wansee Conference in January 1942 and how it changed the extermination process.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)