|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who weren't criminalized, according to "Quite happy to take part in shootings"?
2. How many people were executed in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner, Sonderkommando 4a"?
3. What did the Auschwitz doctor extract from living patients?
4. What government instigated an anti-Semitic politic in Kaunas in 1940?
5. What punishment do some mistakenly say soldiers who refused to participate in mass killings were subjected to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a customs official say regarding the organization of the murders in Vinnitsa and Brailov?
2. What was a bizarre note of concern regarding mass executions?
3. What did the statements given by police, government officials, members of the SS, and Einsatzgruppen all agree on?
4. What edition was the "Preface" taken from, and what does it include?
5. What were Jews made to do during the executions at the Babi Yar ravine?
6. What is the question of mass murder raised in the "Foreword"?
7. Who wrote the "Foreword" and what does the writer discuss?
8. Who was Oberst and what did he recount?
9. What does the book proper consist of according to "The brutalization of precious German manpower," and how is it divided?
10. What was noted in a few instances of those who refused to participate in mass killings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of prisoners of war in Germany during the war, and how important was the manpower it provided for the war effort?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of the Wansee Conference in January 1942 and how it changed the extermination process.
Essay Topic 3
Choose documents from two different men presented in The Good Old Days and discuss the similarities and differences.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)