|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the first death camps opened?
2. What food did the doctors in Auschwitz like in the camp?
3. What was " 'Total 137,346'--the so-called 'Jäger Report' " marked?
4. What is the third document in "The brutalization of precious German Manpower" an excerpt of?
5. Where did the battalion deploy described in the third document of "The brutalization of precious German Manpower"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the myth examined in "Quite happy to take part in shootings"?
2. What is the question of mass murder raised in the "Foreword"?
3. What was noted in a few instances of those who refused to participate in mass killings?
4. What edition was the "Preface" taken from, and what does it include?
5. What did accompanying photographs of the Babi Yar ravine show?
6. What was a bizarre note of concern regarding mass executions?
7. Who wrote the "Foreword" and what does the writer discuss?
8. What concern did the German government have regarding German soldiers during the war?
9. What were Jews made to do during the executions at the Babi Yar ravine?
10. What were some problems regarding the gas vans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical significance and importance of understanding the Holocaust prior to reading The Good Old Days.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between unsanctioned and sanctioned mass murder in the eyes of the Nazis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how murder can become dehumanizing for those tasked with the process of execution.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)