|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were details of soldiers sometimes ordered to do?
(a) Assisted executions as spectators.
(b) Prevented civilians from coming to close to the execution site.
(c) Took leave during executions.
(d) Destroyed films made during executions.
2. What does the "Introduction" provide a concise review of?
(a) Development of the Nazi party.
(b) Development of the S.S.
(c) Development of early concentration camps.
(d) Development of the Wehrmarcht.
3. What did the author of "Notes of Eastern Territories Commander, Johannes Blaskowitz" complain about?
(a) The disorganization of the mass murder of Jews and Poles.
(b) The number of Jews killed.
(c) The cleaning duties assigned to him.
(d) His pay.
4. What did the Auschwitz doctor extract from living patients?
(b) Organ tissue.
(c) The teeth.
(d) The appendix.
5. What was the second method used by Nazis to kill Jews?
(a) Gas planes.
(c) Gas chamber.
(d) Gas vans.
6. How many people were executed in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner, Sonderkommando 4a"?
7. What do the documents of "Pushed to their psychological limits" say some executioners suffered from?
(b) Personality disorders.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Mental breakdowns.
8. When did the author of "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews" divorce his wife?
9. How many Jews were killed in the events described by Johannes Blaskowitz?
10. What do the statements forming "Quite happy to take part in shootings" not show?
(a) Willingness of particular individuals to save Jews.
(b) People willing to not follow orders.
(c) Official persecution of those who refused to participate in the Holocaust.
(d) Willingness from the government to exterminate the Jews.
11. What does "'Bloody Wednesday' in Olkusz/Ilkenau" describe?
(a) The murder and beating of the Jews of Olksusz.
(b) The murder of two German soldiers.
(c) The hiding of a Jewish family.
(d) The killing of 2,500 Polish soldiers.
12. What name was given to those who forced Jews to enter the line up before their executioners?
13. What often happened during the mass shooting of Jews?
(a) Local people came to watch.
(b) Men tried to bargain for their life.
(c) Some tried to overpower the guards.
(d) Parents killed their children.
14. What did those willing to participate in the Holocaust enjoy?
(c) Leave of absence.
15. What was the Nazi government concerned about regarding institutionalized murder, according to "The brutalization of precious German Manpower"?
(a) How long they would have before the machine can be operational.
(b) The speed of the process.
(c) The efficiency of the process.
(d) That it was dehumanizing to the soldiers involved in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a soldier have to overcome while killing the Jewish prisoners?
2. What do the three documents in "Pushed to their psychological limits" say victims sometimes did that was difficult for the killer to handle?
3. What was the rank of the man who wrote "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews"?
4. What did the author of the first document head?
5. When did the first extermination camp open?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)