|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did the doctors in Auschwitz like in the camp?
(b) Ice cream.
2. Where did the events in "Soldiers sitting on rooftops and platforms watching the show" take place?
3. What are the three documents about presented in "Pushed to their psychological limits"?
(a) Mental health of front line soldiers.
(b) Mental health impact of mass killing on the perpetrators.
(c) Mental health of Jewish prisoners.
(d) Mental health of the prison guard.
4. What did the author of the first document head?
(a) Einsatzgruppe B.
(b) Einsatzgruppe A.
(c) Einsatzgruppe C.
(d) Einsatzgruppe D.
5. How many Jewish Lithuanians were killed in June 1941?
6. What does "'Bloody Wednesday' in Olkusz/Ilkenau" describe?
(a) The hiding of a Jewish family.
(b) The killing of 2,500 Polish soldiers.
(c) The murder and beating of the Jews of Olksusz.
(d) The murder of two German soldiers.
7. What camp were the Jews of Olkusz/Ilkenau sent to?
8. Who was the mistress of the author of "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews"?
9. What type of troops were brought to support the German unit in the third document, "The brutalization of precious German Manpower"?
(a) Russian prisoners of war.
(b) Ukrainian prisoners of war.
(c) Polish prisoners of war.
(d) Lithuanian prisoners of war.
10. What does the account of the Babi Yar ravine massacre note wandered into villages in the day following the massacre?
(a) Crying soldiers.
(b) Dogs with body parts.
(c) Victims that unearthed themselves.
(d) Drunk S.S. soldiers.
11. What government instigated an anti-Semitic politic in Kaunas in 1940?
(a) The Nazi government.
(b) The Soviet government.
(c) The elected president office.
(d) The Royal government.
12. How were the bodies of the Babi Yar ravine massacre disposed of?
(a) In mass graves.
(b) They were individually buried.
(c) They were burnt.
(d) They were thrown in the sea.
13. What do the statements forming "Quite happy to take part in shootings" not show?
(a) Official persecution of those who refused to participate in the Holocaust.
(b) People willing to not follow orders.
(c) Willingness from the government to exterminate the Jews.
(d) Willingness of particular individuals to save Jews.
14. What did the Auschwitz doctor extract from living patients?
(a) The teeth.
(b) Organ tissue.
(c) The appendix.
15. What was the second method used by Nazis to kill Jews?
(b) Gas chamber.
(c) Gas vans.
(d) Gas planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the first death camps opened?
2. What name was given to those who forced Jews to enter the line up before their executioners?
3. Where was the first extermination camp opened?
4. Where were the Jews murdered by the unit held in the third document?
5. When did the events in "'Bloody Wednesday' in Olkusz/Ilkenau" take place?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)