|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the most widely believed myths about the Holocaust according to "Quite happy to take part in shootings"?
(a) Those who participated in mass killing had a choice.
(b) Only soldiers participated in mass killings.
(c) That those who participated were forced to do so.
(d) Only S.S. participated in mass killings.
2. What did the Johannes Blaskowitz say happened to his troops?
(a) "Moral wellness."
(b) "Physical sickness."
(c) "Loss of the will to live."
(d) "Brutalization and moral depravity."
3. What did some civilians do to victims ready to be executed?
(a) They tried to save them.
(b) They left.
(c) They beat the victims.
(d) They killed them.
4. What did the German government use as an excuse to escalate the hatred for the Jews?
(b) Reaction to partisan sabotage.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Fear of the communists.
5. When did the Babi Yar ravine massacre occur?
(a) October 29-30, 1941.
(b) September 29-30, 1942.
(c) September 18-30, 1941.
(d) September 29-30,1941.
6. Where was the first extermination camp opened?
7. What was the author of "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews" involved with in his youth?
(a) The Nazis.
(d) The Communist party.
8. What do the three documents in "Pushed to their psychological limits" say victims sometimes did that was difficult for the killer to handle?
(a) They fought back.
(b) They hid.
(c) They resisted.
(d) They fled.
9. What are the three documents about presented in "Pushed to their psychological limits"?
(a) Mental health of the prison guard.
(b) Mental health of Jewish prisoners.
(c) Mental health impact of mass killing on the perpetrators.
(d) Mental health of front line soldiers.
10. What do the documents of "Pushed to their psychological limits" say some executioners suffered from?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Personality disorders.
(c) Mental breakdowns.
11. What are the materials of The Good Old Days NOT intended to be according to the "Introduction"?
(a) Proof that the Holocaust happened.
(b) A true account.
(c) Proof that the Nazis were monsters.
12. How are some of the statements in "Quite happy to take part in shootings" written?
(a) All are biographical.
(b) They are fictional.
(c) Some are auto-biographical, others are biographical.
(d) All are auto-biographical.
13. How many people were executed in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner, Sonderkommando 4a"?
14. What time period does the third document of "The brutalization of precious German Manpower" cover?
(a) June to September 1941.
(b) May to September 1941.
(c) June to October 1941.
(d) June to September 1942.
15. What did the Babi Yar Massacre teach the Nazis?
(a) That the methods of execution were inefficient.
(b) That Jews could resist.
(c) That civilians were a liability.
(d) That Ukrainian civilians were willing to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was " 'Total 137,346'--the so-called 'Jäger Report' " marked?
2. What camp were the Jews of Olkusz/Ilkenau sent to?
3. What does the account of the Babi Yar ravine massacre note wandered into villages in the day following the massacre?
4. What government instigated an anti-Semitic politic in Kaunas in 1940?
5. What often happened during the mass shooting of Jews?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)