Foreword, Preface, and Introduction
• The "Foreword" was written by Lord Dacre of Glanton.
• The "Foreword" provides a short background on Nazi occupation of Eastern Europe and the Holocaust.
• Most of the book focuses on accounts from before the initiation of the "Final Solution."
• Nazis first executed Jews with guns, then with gas vans.
• The Nazi government was concerned about the mental well being of the executioners.
• The "Introduction" gives a short account of the creation of the concentration camps.
The brutalization of precious German Manpower
• In "The brutalization of precious German Manpower," the Nazis government was concerned that the murders were dehumanizing the executioners.
• The Wehrmacht lost popularity because of the disorganization of the execution of 10,000 Jews and Poles.
• In 1940, the Jewish population of a Polish town was beaten and killed.
• Survivors were later deported in Auschwitz when the camp was opened.
• The third document is about the...
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)