|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
2. Where is Jeannette living at the time that her parents move to New York City?
3. Who is Ginnie Sue?
4. What does Jeannette plan to do after high school?
5. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
The Walls siblings all find different ways to deal with their difficult circumstances. Compare and contrast the responses of Lori, Maureen, Brian, and Jeannette to the stresses of living without resources.
1) How does each of the children deal with their problems emotionally?
2) How do some, if any, of the children work together to relieve some of their misery?
3) What does each of the children do to try to get what they need?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Grandma Smith and Erma.
1) What, if any, traits or beliefs do the two women share?
2) How are there personalities different and how does this affect Jeannette's relationship with each of them?
3) How do the personalities of each of these grandmothers reflect on the behavior and personalities of their children (Rex and Rose Mary)?
Essay Topic 3
Jeannette's relationship with her mother is conflicted, yet she still feels a fondness and compassion for her as an adult. Discuss the relationship between these two women by answering the following questions:
1) How would you characterize the relationship between the two?
2) How does each of these women play both an adult and a child's role?
3) How does the relationship between them change over time?
This section contains 1,902 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)