Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
2. Where is Jeannette living at the time that her parents move to New York City?
3. Who is Ginnie Sue?
4. What does Jeannette plan to do after high school?
5. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
Essay Topic 1
Jeannette's relationship with her mother is conflicted, yet she still feels a fondness and compassion for her as an adult. Discuss the relationship between these two women by answering the following questions:
1) How would you characterize the relationship between the two?
2) How does each of these women play both an adult and a child's role?
3) How does the relationship between them change over time?
Essay Topic 2
Although life is very difficult in the Walls household, one way that the children cope is through depending on each other. Describe the relationship between the children: Brian, Lori, Jeannette, and Maureen and how they depend on and take care of each other. What roles do each of these children play within the family? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Although the Walls parents frequently put their children in dangerous situations, it is obvious that they do not believe that their philosophy of parenting is flawed. Discuss Rex and Rose Mary's philosophy of parenting.
1) How do they believe children should be treated? What do they think of as their responsibility as parents?
2) What do they consider the children's responsibilities within the family?
3) Give examples in which Rex or Rose Mary fail to act in a manner that would be considered responsible by most people. How do they justify their actions within the context of their philosophy of life?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)