|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(b) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(c) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(d) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
2. What is the glass castle?
(a) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(b) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(c) A place that the kids go to play.
(d) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
3. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(b) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(c) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(d) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
5. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(b) They think the house is old and creepy.
(c) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
(d) They hate the house as it's not very large.
6. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
(b) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
(c) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
(d) He takes them for an Easter present.
7. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) Rex's grandfather.
(b) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(c) Brian's best friend from school.
(d) A good friend of Rex's.
8. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
9. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
10. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
11. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) A few days old.
(d) Six years old.
12. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
13. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(b) Education of any type.
(c) Food and shelter.
14. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Battle Mountain.
(d) West Virginia.
15. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
4. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)