|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(b) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
(c) They think the house is old and creepy.
(d) They hate the house as it's not very large.
2. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
3. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(b) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(c) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(d) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
4. What is the glass castle?
(a) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(b) A place that the kids go to play.
(c) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
(d) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
5. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) A few days old.
(d) Six years old.
6. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Alcohol and gambling.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Gifts for the kids.
(d) Gifts for his mistress.
7. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
(b) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
(c) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(d) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
8. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The baby becomes very ill.
(b) The truck catches on fire.
(c) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(d) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
9. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Her mother's friends.
(b) Rex's parents.
(c) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(d) Grandma Smith.
10. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(b) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(c) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(d) He never does anything with them.
11. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is asleep in the living room.
(b) She is in the other room, painting.
(c) She is not in the house.
(d) She is helping Jeannette.
12. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(b) Because her mother likes it there.
(c) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(d) Her mother will only meet her in public.
13. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(b) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(c) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(d) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
14. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Five brothers.
(b) No siblings.
(c) A brother and two sisters.
(d) Four sisters.
15. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
3. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
5. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)