Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Rex's parents.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
2. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her brother teaches her.
(b) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(c) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(d) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
3. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
(b) He takes them for an Easter present.
(c) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
(d) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
4. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(b) She always wanted to be college professor.
(c) Teachers don't make enough money.
(d) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
2. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
4. Where did Rex grow up?
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)