Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(b) He beats Jeannette.
(c) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(d) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He does not have any skills.
(b) He threatens the other employees.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He has a physical disability.
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(d) She believes in very harsh discipline.
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(b) College Professor.
5. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Strict discipline.
(c) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
3. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
4. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
5. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)