Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(b) She should tell the truth.
(c) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(d) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls a mutual friend.
(b) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
3. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Accept her parents as they are.
(b) Move on and have her own life.
(c) Move away to another place.
(d) Help her parents to change.
4. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she does not want to change.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
5. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. Where did Jeannette grow up?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)