Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts a series of fights between Hispanics and Blacks at school during the fall of 1996?
2. What novel inspires one of the student's to try to write her own book?
3. What civil rights activist do the Freedom Writers meet days before the second college semester begins?
4. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
5. What does a junior student say about her stepfather during the fall semester?
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean "World peace is only a dream because people won't allow themselves and others around them to simply be peanuts"? Explain the meaning of the phrase, and why a student compares people to peanuts. How do peanuts compare to people? What happens if people are allowed to be peanuts? What does people living in harmony have to do with the appearance of peanuts?
Essay Topic 2
In Diary 69, a student compares his/her neighborhood to "The Brady Bunch". Write about what life is like for the Brady Bunch. Compare the lives portrayed on the television show to the life this student leads. How are the neighborhoods different? How are their lives different? Is there anything about their lives that is the same?
Essay Topic 3
When Zlata comes to visit and people ask her her nationality, she tells them "I'm a human being." Why is it strange that adults ask this question? What happens if instead of labeling people, people are treated as individuals? What does the writer of Diary 47 say about this incident? How is the world a better place if we are all treated just as human beings? What happens if there are no labels?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)