|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Christmas 1997, what award do the students win?
(a) Freedom Award.
(b) Spirit of Anne Frank Award.
(c) Mies Giep Award.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr., Award.
2. In Chapter V, to where does a student take a road trip with her friends?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Las Vegas.
3. What do the Freedom Writers remember when the pressure of their new lives gets too intense?
(a) John Tu's encouragement.
(b) All the awards they receive.
(c) Words of Anne Frank.
(d) The lessons learned in Gruwell's class.
4. What Christmas song is twisted during a sorority hazing?
(a) White Christmas.
(b) Here Comes Santa Claus.
(c) Deck the Halls.
(d) Jingle Bells.
5. What does a truly self-reliant person do, according to Chapter V?
(a) Lean on family and friends for support.
(b) Not rely on anyone.
(c) Find his weak link and strengthen it.
(d) Not accept help from anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "The best method of overcoming your obstacles is the team method"?
2. One student has never been on a Freedom Writers trip before. Why does the student get to go to D.C.?
3. After the students walk down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, where do they wish to go next?
4. Who says, "Little black boys and black girls are able to join hands with little white boys and white girls"?
5. Who says, "Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a student acting as receptionist in the classroom by Chapter VII?
2. Why does reading "Catcher in the Rye" make a student begin to think about the consequences of suicide?
3. Who is a prisoner who writes the Freedom Writers from West Virginia?
4. Why is getting kicked off the basketball team eventually a positive thing for Joan?
5. Who is Peter Maass?
6. Why are little kids bad in the projects?
7. What does the prom queen write about her life?
8. In Diary 103, how many girls does the student know that go to college?
9. What magical event occurs at the Lincoln Memorial?
10. Why is it so unusual that the Freedom Writers win the Spirit of Anne Frank Award?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)