|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a student compare him/herself to when the student says "I've probably witnessed more dead bodies than a ______________."
(c) Police officer.
(d) Soldier in a war.
2. In Chapter V, to where does a student take a road trip with her friends?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What happens after a student drives John Tu to his car?
(a) The student gets a flat tire.
(b) Tu gives the student money for the ride.
(c) Tu offers the student a job.
(d) Tu tells the student to get a better car.
4. To whom does the class give a copy of their diaries when in Washington, D.C.?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) U. S. Secretary of Education.
(c) Their senator.
(d) Their congressman.
5. In the book, "Animal Farm", what is a Boxer?
(a) A person who does not work hard.
(b) A person who likes to party.
(c) A person who is a homebody.
(d) A person who is hardworking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the students are speaking at an elementary school, what icebreaker question brings nearly everyone forward?
2. What were Rosa Parks and the other blacks called who rode buses to fight racism?
3. Why doesn't Gruwell cheer when students get excited about making another trip after touring the Lincoln Memorial?
4. Where do the Freedom Writers mentor students?
5. What happens to Teres's father?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)