|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel inspires one of the student's to try to write her own book?
(a) Beauty by Robin McKinley.
(b) Dawn by V.C. Andrews.
(c) Anne of Green Gables by Montgomery.
(d) Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.
2. Why does Gruwell feel guilty when she drives students home if they stay late after school?
(a) She feels bad that the students have to help with lesson plans.
(b) She feels bad to keep them at school so late.
(c) She feels bad that she cannot take the students to school also.
(d) Where the students live is very unsafe compared to Gruwell's neighborhood.
3. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
(a) Newport Beach.
(b) Long Beach.
4. How does one student describe Ritalin?
(a) It is like taking speed.
(b) It makes you drowsy.
(c) It makes you dizzy like being on a carnival ride.
(d) It has the power to control like a lasso on a horse.
5. Why do the students need a receptionist every class period?
(a) They are receiving so much mail.
(b) To teach them how to behave in certain social situations.
(c) They have so many visitors.
(d) To help write letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the class give a copy of their diaries when in Washington, D.C.?
2. Why do the students and Gruwell have to climb out the window of the school one night?
3. Besides moving forward, what are the Freedom Writers doing?
4. What does Gruwell do the summer of 1996?
5. Why is a student amazed at being chosen to speak in front of Barbara Boxer, their senator?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)