|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts a series of fights between Hispanics and Blacks at school during the fall of 1996?
(a) Someone starts name calling.
(b) A carton of milk is thrown.
(c) A Hispanic student steals something from a Black student.
(d) Someone takes a Black student's seat on the bus.
2. What novel inspires one of the student's to try to write her own book?
(a) Beauty by Robin McKinley.
(b) Dawn by V.C. Andrews.
(c) Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.
(d) Anne of Green Gables by Montgomery.
3. What civil rights activist do the Freedom Writers meet days before the second college semester begins?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Lurma Rackley.
(d) Celeste Wiley.
4. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
(b) Newport Beach.
(d) Long Beach.
5. What does a junior student say about her stepfather during the fall semester?
(a) He works hard.
(b) He is never home.
(c) He is a professional alcoholic.
(d) He loves her mother very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a student say after not taking the opportunity to sing to Jopie and Lies?
2. What do the Freedom Writers want the readers of their book to do?
3. Who says, "Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy"?
4. How is money raised to get the students to college?
5. Why do the students have a particular place they want to visit after walking down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)