|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about rooming arrangements when the Freedom Writers go to New York?
(a) The students stay with private individuals.
(b) The students stay with holocaust survivors.
(c) Gruwell chooses who rooms with who.
(d) The students choose their roommates.
2. Why does a student have to be head of the household and worry about rent and car payments Senior year?
(a) The student's mother is ill and father is nowhere to be found.
(b) The student's father takes off with the families small bit of savings.
(c) The student's parents are murdered.
(d) The student's cousin is murdered and parents leave the country.
3. Why does a student say John Tu gives instead of handouts?
4. What do the Freedom Writers do after their first year in college?
(a) Go to China.
(b) Tour Europe.
(c) Visit South America.
(d) Go to an impoverished country and build houses.
5. What does the student who used to play park league and Pop Warner football receive?
(a) A scholarship to play baseball.
(b) A full-ride scholarship to a PAC-10 school.
(c) A contract to play pro ball.
(d) A scholarship to play basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides moving forward, what are the Freedom Writers doing?
2. In Chapter V, what illness runs in a student's family?
3. Why doesn't Gruwell cheer when students get excited about making another trip after touring the Lincoln Memorial?
4. What does a student say after not taking the opportunity to sing to Jopie and Lies?
5. What civil rights activist do the Freedom Writers meet days before the second college semester begins?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)