|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reporter does a student mention from the Los Angeles Times?
(a) Nancy Wride.
(b) Nancy Phillips.
(c) Nellie WIlliams.
(d) Anita Wright.
2. After Christmas 1997, what award do the students win?
(a) Freedom Award.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr., Award.
(c) Mies Giep Award.
(d) Spirit of Anne Frank Award.
3. In the book "Animal Farm", what is a Molly?
(a) A person who does not work hard.
(b) A person who works hard.
(c) A person who can't keep a secret.
(d) A person who gossips.
4. In the book, "Animal Farm", what is a Boxer?
(a) A person who likes to party.
(b) A person who is hardworking.
(c) A person who is a homebody.
(d) A person who does not work hard.
5. Why does a teacher call the diary writer of entry 70 lazy?
(a) Because the student does not turn in homework.
(b) Because the student does not answer questions in class.
(c) Because the student draws pictures rather than taking notes in class.
(d) Because the student says s/he is dyslexic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when a student gives her/himself an F?
2. Why does a teacher say they do not read black literature in class?
3. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
4. During the diversity seminar, what does a student remember about how his/her brother died during his/her sophomore year?
5. Why is a student amazed at being chosen to speak in front of Barbara Boxer, their senator?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)