|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What museum do the students visit in D.C.?
(a) Holocaust Museum.
(b) Library of Congress.
(c) National Gallery of Art.
2. When the students walk down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, what motto do they chant?
(a) Freedom Writers have a dream.
(b) Be free, dream.
(c) Freedom forever.
(d) Dreams make you free.
3. How does one student describe Ritalin?
(a) It has the power to control like a lasso on a horse.
(b) It makes you drowsy.
(c) It makes you dizzy like being on a carnival ride.
(d) It is like taking speed.
4. What happens to Teres's father?
(a) He overdoses on crack.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is shoved in front of a train.
(d) He is killed in a drive-by shooting.
5. What do the Freedom Writers do after their first year in college?
(a) Go to an impoverished country and build houses.
(b) Tour Europe.
(c) Go to China.
(d) Visit South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why at the Lincoln Monument does Gruwell begin to understand why moms cry at school plays and graduations?
2. Who says, "Little black boys and black girls are able to join hands with little white boys and white girls"?
3. What road less traveled does a student decide to take Senior year?
4. How does a mother of a student die of shortly before her Christmas Eve birthday?
5. In the book, "Animal Farm", what is a Boxer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are little kids bad in the projects?
2. How does Gruwell spend the summer of 1996?
3. In Diary 103, how many girls does the student know that go to college?
4. What do the Freedom Writers want readers of their book to do?
5. Why is it so unusual that the Freedom Writers win the Spirit of Anne Frank Award?
6. What tragic event makes the Freedom Writers realize how fortunate they are?
7. Why does a student mention that her/his mother said that "Silence gets you nowhere in life"?
8. Why is getting kicked off the basketball team eventually a positive thing for Joan?
9. What does the prom queen write about her life?
10. Since Europe is over a year away, what takes precedence in Gruwell's plans after graduation?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)