|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to one student before emigrating to the United States from Peru?
(a) The house next door was bombed.
(b) The student's father was killed.
(c) The student was injured in a car bombing.
(d) The student's school was bombed.
2. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
(a) It is a very unbelievable story.
(b) The student has never heard of the Montagues and Capulets before.
(c) It is a very funny story.
(d) This student has never before read anything in school that related to everyday life.
3. What secret is "Little Miss Goodie Goodie" hiding?
(a) That she is doing drugs.
(b) That she killed another student.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is a closet drinker.
4. What is another word for 'odd' according to one of the students?
5. After reading Romeo and Juliet, why does a student realize she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thinks she is?
(a) Because she does not want to see him as often.
(b) Because she is becoming interested in another guy.
(c) Because she sees things in him she does not like.
(d) Because she can never stab herself over a guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Diary One, how long does the student give Gruwell before she quits?
2. In the fall of 1994, why does one student say s/he does not belong in Gruwell's class?
3. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
4. Why does the class split up their junior year?
5. What are two books about teens in crisis that are read the fall of 1995?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a student transfer from the Distinguished Scholars program to Gruwell's class?
2. What does Zlata think about the situation in Kosovo?
3. What does Zlata mean when she says we cannot erase evil from the world, but can change the way we deal with it?
4. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
5. What is tagging?
6. What do the students do when they play the peanut game?
7. Why does one student feel like Cinderella after a dinner at the Century City Marriott?
8. Why is Zlata Filipovic pleased and honored to write a foreword for "The Freedom Writers Diary"?
9. Why is Gruwell stereotyped by some of the other teachers?
10. What parallel does Zlata see between herself and the Freedom Writers?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)