Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two books mentioned in the forward that the students read in class?
(a) The Great Depression: A Diary and The Adderall Diaries.
(b) The Reagan Diaries and The Heroin Diaries.
(c) Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, and Zlata's Diary: A Child's Life in Sarajevo.
(d) The Royal Diaries and I Will Bear Witness.
2. In the fall of 1995, where is home for a student and his mother who are evicted from their apartment?
(a) At his aunt's house.
(b) Room 407.
(c) His church.
(d) Room 203.
3. What incident made Schindler try to save every Jew he could?
(a) Losing a good friend.
(b) Finding the body of a little girl with other dead bodies waiting to be burned.
(c) Losing a favorite employee.
(d) Seeing Jews herded into cattle cars.
4. What feelings does Zlata have when asked to write the forward?
(a) Honored, proud, and amazed.
(b) Frustrated and nervous.
(d) Honored, but not interested.
5. What good came out of Zlata's bad situation?
(a) She was able to become a famous writer.
(b) She was able to finish school.
(c) She was given some influence in the world.
(d) She is now able to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gruwell throw out her carefully planned lessons in the fall of 1994?
2. Why does the class split up their junior year?
3. What is so special about the buses students rode in with Zlata and Mirna?
4. To what does Gruwell compare the Capulets and Montagues in Romeo and Juliet?
5. Why can't a student go to a movie with her best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What circumstances lead to a student being offered a job from John Tu?
2. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of the semester in the spring of 1995?
3. Why are little kids bad in the projects?
4. Why does a student decide 'odd' is not a three-letter word, but a seven-letter word?
5. Why did a student charge a Coke machine when s/he was young?
6. Why does the character Celie in "The Color Purple" remind a student about her Uncle Joe?
7. Why does a student refer to choices s/he is making as if the student is a traveler in Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken"?
8. Who is Peter Maass?
9. Why does one student decide she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thought she was?
10. Who is a prisoner who writes the Freedom Writers from West Virginia?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)