|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
(a) To be prom queen.
(b) To have a date for the prom.
(c) To have her father be a dad.
(d) To have a boyfriend like John Tu.
2. What does a student remember after reading about women being molested in Bosnia?
(a) How her uncle molested her.
(b) How her father's friend molested her.
(c) How she was raped.
(d) How her father molested her.
3. What makes studying Camelot and King Arthur more interesting for the students?
(a) Creating a movie about King Arthur.
(b) The opportunity to go to the Medieval Times restaurant.
(c) Dressing up in medieval costumes.
(d) Making swords.
4. In Diary One, how long does the student give Gruwell before she quits?
(a) One day.
(b) A month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. When does Zlata meet the students of Wilson High School?
(a) March, 1996.
(b) December, 1997.
(c) September, 1998.
(d) March, 2006.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a four-letter word not in the students' vocabulary, according to Gruwell their sophomore year?
2. What did Zlata's diary become?
3. What does a student who is a "goodie two shoes" do when shopping with her parents?
4. Why does Gruwell throw out her carefully planned lessons in the fall of 1994?
5. Where does Gruwell student teaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prom queen write about her life?
2. Why does a student have to clean his/her mother's blood off the wall?
3. Why is getting kicked off the basketball team eventually a positive thing for Joan?
4. Why it Christmas Eve so difficult for the student who writes Diary 113?
5. Why does a student have trouble editing a story about an abortion?
6. Why does a student write that she is a loving girl and mention that she cries when she read "The Color Purple"?
7. When they are in Washington, D.C., what do some students do when they see swastikas?
8. Describe what happens when a student is in a liquor store buying candy?
9. Why does one student decide she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thought she was?
10. Why is a student excited to meet a Japanese man who was in an internment camp during World War I?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)