|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one student testify at a murder trial?
(a) The student takes the fifth.
(b) The student tells the truth.
(c) The student confesses to the crime.
(d) The student lies.
2. The beginning of the sophomore year, what does a transfer student wish Gruwell is like?
(a) More concerned about her students.
(b) Less concerned about grades.
(c) Boring like the other teachers.
(d) More interesting, like the other teachers.
3. What does a student who is a "goodie two shoes" do when shopping with her parents?
(a) Put lipstick on clothes she tries on.
(c) Tears clothes that she tries on.
(d) Meet a friend.
4. Why is the student in Diary Three at Wilson?
(a) It is either Wilson or boot camp.
(b) Wilson is the closest school to the student's home.
(c) The student is expelled from their old school.
(d) The student's parents arrange a transfer.
5. What does a student compare O.J. Simpson's trial to?
(a) The trial of the student's brother for murder.
(b) A trial where the student is a witness.
(c) The Oklahoma City bombing.
(d) The student's mother's trial for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of Spring, 1995 semester?
2. After reading Romeo and Juliet, why does a student realize she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thinks she is?
3. What happens to the fathers of the diversity panelist and the student who are sent to internment camps?
4. Where is Zlata's homeland?
5. What happened to one student before emigrating to the United States from Peru?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Diary 46, why does a student's father dislike her best friend?
2. Why is Gruwell frustrated at the beginning of the semester in the spring of 1995?
3. What do the students do when they play the peanut game?
4. What parallel does Zlata see between herself and the Freedom Writers?
5. What is tagging?
6. Why are some students not allowed to go to Medieval Times?
7. Why does Renee Firestone's story affect one student?
8. As described in Chapter 1, why does a student get a gun to protect him/herself?
9. Who is Gerda Seifer?
10. Why is Gruwell stereotyped by some of the other teachers?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)