|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Zlata, what is important about what happens to people?
(a) Whether people endure emotional crises because of what happened.
(b) How people deal with what happens in their lives.
(c) Whether family members are there to help.
(d) Whether people are physically hurt or not.
2. What does one student say when she compares her father to John Tu?
(a) Tu is taller than her father.
(b) Tu is very rude to her.
(c) That Tu gives her more attention in seven minutes than her dad has in seven years.
(d) Tu is shorter than her father.
3. After reading Romeo and Juliet, why does a student realize she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thinks she is?
(a) Because she sees things in him she does not like.
(b) Because she can never stab herself over a guy.
(c) Because she does not want to see him as often.
(d) Because she is becoming interested in another guy.
4. Why is the student in Diary Three at Wilson?
(a) Wilson is the closest school to the student's home.
(b) The student's parents arrange a transfer.
(c) It is either Wilson or boot camp.
(d) The student is expelled from their old school.
5. Where is Zlata's homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zlata believe it is so important for the Freedom Writers to overcome their circumstances?
2. What did Zlata's diary become?
3. Since war also came to Kosovo, what did almost all young Yugoslavians know?
4. What are Zlata and one of the students both wearing when they meet?
5. In Diary One, how long does the student give Gruwell before she quits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gerda Seifer?
2. Why is Zlata Filipovic pleased and honored to write a foreword for "The Freedom Writers Diary"?
3. Why does a student transfer from the Distinguished Scholars program to Gruwell's class?
4. Why does Renee Firestone's story affect one student?
5. What is tagging?
6. Why does a student decide 'odd' is not a three-letter word, but a seven-letter word?
7. What does Zlata think about the situation in Kosovo?
8. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
9. Why does Zlata highly respect and admire Gruwell?
10. Describe what happens when a student is in a liquor store buying candy?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)