|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
(a) To have her father be a dad.
(b) To be prom queen.
(c) To have a date for the prom.
(d) To have a boyfriend like John Tu.
2. What happened to one student before emigrating to the United States from Peru?
(a) The house next door was bombed.
(b) The student was injured in a car bombing.
(c) The student's school was bombed.
(d) The student's father was killed.
3. Why does one student apologize in Diary 50?
(a) Because the student shoplifts.
(b) Because the student is taking crystal meth.
(c) Because the student is an alcoholic.
(d) Because the student has a fight with a best friend.
4. What do some of the teachers call Gruwell?
(a) A great teacher.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) A brown noser.
(d) A Prima Donna.
5. How does Gruwell get money for new books, guest speakers, and field trips?
(a) She also works at the Marriott Hotel and Norstroms.
(b) Private donors.
(c) Gruwell has a trust fund.
(d) The students and their parents pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are some students not allowed to go to the Medieval Times Restaurant?
2. To what does Gruwell compare the Capulets and Montagues in Romeo and Juliet?
3. What incident made Schindler try to save every Jew he could?
4. Why is Tommy's father surprised when Gruwell calls him?
5. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is tagging?
2. In Diary 46, why does a student's father dislike her best friend?
3. Why is one student out of school for a week or two before beginning the sophomore year?
4. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
5. What do the students do when they play the peanut game?
6. Why does Zlata highly respect and admire Gruwell?
7. Why is the word 'murder' a shadow hovering over a student's life the fall of 1995?
8. What journey begins for Gruwell as the book opens?
9. What happens to a Croatian boy named Tony?
10. Why is a student excited to meet a Japanese man who was in an internment camp during World War I?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)