|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
(a) Very difficult.
(b) It is impossible; no one sells a student a gun.
(c) It is as easy as buying bubble gum.
(d) Difficult, because a gun is very expensive.
2. Why doesn't Gruwell take another teaching job in the fall of 1995?
(a) She cannot find another position.
(b) Other jobs do not pay as well as Wilson High.
(c) She realizes her hypocrisy.
(d) The teachers beg her to stay at Wilson High.
3. When does Zlata meet the students of Wilson High School?
(a) December, 1997.
(b) March, 2006.
(c) March, 1996.
(d) September, 1998.
4. What happens to the fathers of the diversity panelist and the student who are sent to internment camps?
(a) They lose a limb due to infection.
(b) They are horribly disfigured.
(c) They die.
(d) They become abusive and don't care if they hurt their families.
5. What are Zlata and one of the students both wearing when they meet?
(a) Abercrombie & Fitch jeans.
(b) Doc Martens.
(c) Gap sweatshirts.
(d) Aeropostale Ts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zlata, what good came from Anne Frank's tragedy?
2. Why are the diaries written anonymously?
3. What makes studying Camelot and King Arthur more interesting for the students?
4. What is so special about the buses students rode in with Zlata and Mirna?
5. What does Gruwell tell the student with a 0.5 GPA?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when a student is in a liquor store buying candy?
2. What does Zlata mean when she says we cannot erase evil from the world, but can change the way we deal with it?
3. What journey begins for Gruwell as the book opens?
4. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
5. Why is one student out of school for a week or two before beginning the sophomore year?
6. Why did Zlata begin writing a diary and how did her diary evolve?
7. Why does Renee Firestone's story affect one student?
8. In Diary Two, why does a student wonder why he is in Gruwell's English class?
9. Who is Gerda Seifer?
10. Why is Zlata Filipovic pleased and honored to write a foreword for "The Freedom Writers Diary"?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)