|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some students not allowed to go to the Medieval Times Restaurant?
(a) Their haircuts.
(b) They flunk the test.
(c) Their attitudes.
(d) Their clothes.
2. Why does Gruwell almost take another job the fall of 1995?
(a) The apathy of her students.
(b) The attitudes of the other teachers.
(c) The students' behavior last year.
(d) The attitudes of the principal and school board.
3. In the fall of 1995, where is home for a student and his mother who are evicted from their apartment?
(a) At his aunt's house.
(b) Room 407.
(c) His church.
(d) Room 203.
4. How do Gruwell and the students raise money for food and medical supplies for Bosnian kids?
(a) Donation jars at stores.
(b) A bake sale.
(c) A basketball tournament.
(d) A chili supper.
5. Why is one student not able to play sports, climb gym ropes, swing, or do a pull-up?
(a) Because the student broke an arm.
(b) Because the student has asthma.
(c) Because the student is overweight.
(d) Because the student has cystic fibrosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gruwell student teaching?
2. How does one student testify at a murder trial?
3. Where is Zlata's homeland?
4. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
5. What does Zlata have in common with the students?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
2. Why does Renee Firestone's story affect one student?
3. In Diary Two, why does a student wonder why he is in Gruwell's English class?
4. Why is Zlata Filipovic pleased and honored to write a foreword for "The Freedom Writers Diary"?
5. Why are some students not allowed to go to Medieval Times?
6. Because of the Read-a-Thon for Tolerance, why is Zlata invited to speak to the class?
7. What is tagging?
8. Why is a student excited to meet a Japanese man who was in an internment camp during World War I?
9. Why is the summer before the sophomore year the worst ever for one student?
10. Who is Miep Gies?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)