|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
(a) It is a very unbelievable story.
(b) It is a very funny story.
(c) This student has never before read anything in school that related to everyday life.
(d) The student has never heard of the Montagues and Capulets before.
2. According to Zlata, what good came from Anne Frank's tragedy?
(a) Anne's strength remains to lead and inspire.
(b) Anne is known all around the world.
(c) Anne is responsible for helping to end the war.
(d) Anne never knew what happens to her family.
3. What secret is "Little Miss Goodie Goodie" hiding?
(a) That she is doing drugs.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she killed another student.
(d) That she is a closet drinker.
4. What does one student realize after meeting the diversity panelists?
(a) The student does not have anything in common with the diversity panelists.
(b) Other people have difficult lives also.
(c) That anything is possible.
(d) That the panelists overcome many hardships.
5. Why does Zlata believe it is so important for the Freedom Writers to overcome their circumstances?
(a) Otherwise, they never go to college.
(b) Otherwise, they do not live to thirty years of age.
(c) Otherwise, they do not graduate from high school.
(d) Otherwise, history repeats with their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Gruwell take another teaching job in the fall of 1995?
2. What happens to a student's friends a year ago, when the student was a freshman?
3. Who goes with Zlata to meet the students?
4. What event caused 168 innocent men, women and children to die?
5. Why are the diaries written anonymously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gruwell do after the student's graduate?
2. Why is Zlata Filipovic pleased and honored to write a foreword for "The Freedom Writers Diary"?
3. In Diary 103, how many girls does the student know that go to college?
4. Why are some students not allowed to go to Medieval Times?
5. What magical event occurs at the Lincoln Memorial?
6. Why is a student excited to meet a Japanese man who was in an internment camp during World War I?
7. Who is a prisoner who writes the Freedom Writers from West Virginia?
8. After the students walk down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, what does someone suggest?
9. What does Zlata mean when she says we cannot erase evil from the world, but can change the way we deal with it?
10. Describe a tour through the Museum of Tolerance.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)