Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts a series of fights between Hispanics and Blacks at school during the fall of 1996?
(a) Someone starts name calling.
(b) A carton of milk is thrown.
(c) A Hispanic student steals something from a Black student.
(d) Someone takes a Black student's seat on the bus.
2. What novel inspires one of the student's to try to write her own book?
(a) Beauty by Robin McKinley.
(b) Dawn by V.C. Andrews.
(c) Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice.
(d) Anne of Green Gables by Montgomery.
3. What civil rights activist do the Freedom Writers meet days before the second college semester begins?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Harry Belafonte.
(c) Lurma Rackley.
(d) Celeste Wiley.
4. Where is Gruwell the day before the junior year begins?
(b) Newport Beach.
(d) Long Beach.
5. What does a junior student say about her stepfather during the fall semester?
(a) He works hard.
(b) He is never home.
(c) He is a professional alcoholic.
(d) He loves her mother very much.
6. What does a student say after not taking the opportunity to sing to Jopie and Lies?
(a) "A missed opportunity can never be made up."
(b) "Only those who take advantage of opportunities in life succeed."
(c) "Success comes only to those who take advantage of opportunities."
(d) "Silence gets you nowhere in life."
7. What do the Freedom Writers want the readers of their book to do?
(a) Pick up a pen and be a catalyst for change.
(b) Volunteer with at-risk students.
(c) Write to the students.
(d) Buy copies of the books and give them to students who need hope.
8. Who says, "Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy"?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Zlata Filipovic.
(c) Miep Gies.
(d) Anne Frank.
9. How is money raised to get the students to college?
(b) Basketball tournaments.
(c) A nonprofit organization is created.
(d) Sell the rights to their diaries.
10. Why do the students have a particular place they want to visit after walking down the steps of the Lincoln Memorial?
(a) They know they may never return to Washington, D.C.
(b) They want to see the national library.
(c) That is where their journey began.
(d) They always wanted to travel abroard.
11. In Chapter V, what illness runs in a student's family?
(a) Cystic fibrosis.
(b) Clinical depression.
(c) Cancer of the liver.
(d) Congenital heart defects.
12. What program is created to teach tolerance to kids who feel as if they don't fit in?
(a) Celebrating Diversity Through Sports.
(b) Celebrating Diversity Through the Arts.
(c) Diversity Through Mentoring.
(d) Celebrating Diversity Through Literature.
13. What is a student referring to when she says she is a loving girl, but there is pain in her heart?
(a) Her best friend died.
(b) Her mother is dying.
(c) She wishes she has a boyfriend.
(d) She is in an abusive relationship.
14. Why is the Guess? Company sponsoring a trip for some of the Freedom Writers?
(a) Because they graduated from Wilson High School.
(b) Because they donate twenty percent of their profits to needy causes.
(c) Because they are minority entrepreneurs and wish to help others succeed.
(d) Because the founders are Jewish and had to flee Europe during the Holocaust.
15. What happens after a student drives John Tu to his car?
(a) The student gets a flat tire.
(b) Tu tells the student to get a better car.
(c) Tu gives the student money for the ride.
(d) Tu offers the student a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Christmas 1997, what do the students have to do to accept an award?
2. What does a student's mother do about a teacher who doesn't read black literature?
3. Until the students found the safety of Room 203, what did they see to be a solution to their problems?
4. Who challenges the Freedom Writers to not just talk, but "to walk the walk"?
5. In the book, "Animal Farm", what is a Boxer?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)