|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the students inspired to do after reading the diaries?
(a) Write a screenplay.
(b) Write their own diaries.
(c) Talk to their parents about improving their lives.
(d) Quit school.
2. Who goes with Zlata to meet the students?
(a) Zlata's parents and her best friend, Mirna.
(b) No one, Zlata goes alone.
(c) Zlata's teacher.
(d) Zlata grandparents.
3. Who are the "Dream Team Moms"?
(a) Mothers of the football players.
(b) Mothers who bake cookies for teachers.
(c) Mothers who adopt the class as their kids.
(d) Mothers of the basketball players.
4. What does one student do during a "three-week vacation" from school the spring of the freshman year?
(a) Go to jail.
(b) Chill and smoke.
(c) Help a sick family member.
(d) Go to juvenile hall.
5. How do Gruwell and the students raise money for food and medical supplies for Bosnian kids?
(a) Donation jars at stores.
(b) A chili supper.
(c) A basketball tournament.
(d) A bake sale.
6. What does one student realize after playing the Peanut Game?
(a) People are different because of their experiences in life.
(b) Gruwell has an interesting way of looking at life.
(c) Grwell makes some very odd comparisons to everyday life.
(d) People can't live in harmony because they won't accept each other's skin color or beliefs.
7. How do many of the Wilson High Students get to school each day?
(a) They ride bikes.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take 2-3 buses.
(d) Their parents drive them.
8. In the spring of 1995, who offers to help take the students on a field trip?
(a) John Tu.
(b) The principal.
(c) Anne Frank.
(d) Other teachers.
9. What makes studying Camelot and King Arthur more interesting for the students?
(a) Making swords.
(b) The opportunity to go to the Medieval Times restaurant.
(c) Dressing up in medieval costumes.
(d) Creating a movie about King Arthur.
10. What types of students attend Wilson High?
(a) Mostly hispanics.
(b) Mostly caucasian students.
(c) Rich kids and poor kids from the projects.
(d) Mostly blacks.
11. What feelings does Zlata have when asked to write the forward?
(a) Honored, but not interested.
(b) Honored, proud, and amazed.
(d) Frustrated and nervous.
12. Why is one student not able to play sports, climb gym ropes, swing, or do a pull-up?
(a) Because the student is overweight.
(b) Because the student broke an arm.
(c) Because the student has asthma.
(d) Because the student has cystic fibrosis.
13. After reading Romeo and Juliet, why does a student realize she is not as in love with her boyfriend as she thinks she is?
(a) Because she sees things in him she does not like.
(b) Because she is becoming interested in another guy.
(c) Because she can never stab herself over a guy.
(d) Because she does not want to see him as often.
14. Why is Gruwell not allowed to teach Sharaud and his classmates the following year?
(a) She doesn't have enough seniority.
(b) She asks to be transferred to a different class.
(c) She does not do a very good job of teaching.
(d) She is going to a different high school.
15. In what kind of neighborhood is Wilson High School located?
(a) Near the projects.
(b) A safe neighborhood near the ocean.
(c) Near downtown Los Angeles.
(d) In a gated community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so special about the buses students rode in with Zlata and Mirna?
2. What are two books about teens in crisis that are read the fall of 1995?
3. The beginning of the sophomore year, what does a transfer student wish Gruwell is like?
4. Why does Gruwell almost take another job the fall of 1995?
5. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)