|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one student say when she compares her father to John Tu?
(a) That Tu gives her more attention in seven minutes than her dad has in seven years.
(b) Tu is shorter than her father.
(c) Tu is very rude to her.
(d) Tu is taller than her father.
2. Why are some students not allowed to go to the Medieval Times Restaurant?
(a) They flunk the test.
(b) Their haircuts.
(c) Their attitudes.
(d) Their clothes.
3. What event caused 168 innocent men, women and children to die?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Oklahoma City bombing.
(c) Race riots.
(d) An airplane crash.
4. What does a student remember after reading about women being molested in Bosnia?
(a) How her uncle molested her.
(b) How she was raped.
(c) How her father's friend molested her.
(d) How her father molested her.
5. What is a four-letter word not in the students' vocabulary, according to Gruwell their sophomore year?
6. In her thank you letter, what does Zlata tell the students not to forget?
(a) To keep reading about heroes.
(b) She keeps in touch by writing.
(c) The strength and power to do things is in them.
(d) To raise money for Bosnia.
7. How does one student testify at a murder trial?
(a) The student takes the fifth.
(b) The student confesses to the crime.
(c) The student tells the truth.
(d) The student lies.
8. In Diary Six, how does a student lose many of his friends?
(a) The friends are put in juvenile dentention.
(b) In an undeclared war.
(c) Because the friends don't want to see the student any more.
(d) The friends drop out of school.
9. According to Zlata, what is important about what happens to people?
(a) Whether family members are there to help.
(b) How people deal with what happens in their lives.
(c) Whether people endure emotional crises because of what happened.
(d) Whether people are physically hurt or not.
10. What does one student compare in his/her life to the Peanut Game?
(a) Being overweight.
(b) Not being handsome.
(c) Having a disfiguring scar.
(d) Not being pretty.
11. What happens to a student when she runs away with her boyfriend?
(a) She is homeschooled for awhile.
(b) She goes to live with a relative far away from the boyfriend.
(c) Her parents ground her and transfer her to Wilson High.
(d) She is sent to juvenile hall.
12. According to Zlata, what good came from Anne Frank's tragedy?
(a) Anne's strength remains to lead and inspire.
(b) Anne is known all around the world.
(c) Anne is responsible for helping to end the war.
(d) Anne never knew what happens to her family.
13. Where is Zlata's homeland?
14. Who is the teacher of the students at Wilson High School?
(a) Erin Gruwell.
(b) Anne Frank.
(c) Elise Gonzalez.
(d) Emilie Gridwell.
15. In Diary One, how long does the student give Gruwell before she quits?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the students inspired to do after reading the diaries?
2. What good came out of Zlata's bad situation?
3. Why is Gruwell not allowed to teach Sharaud and his classmates the following year?
4. Why does the class split up their junior year?
5. What is so special about the buses students rode in with Zlata and Mirna?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)