|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Renee Firestone, a Holocaust survivor, asked a Gestapo agent if she could see her family again, what did she learn?
(a) Her family was transferred to another camp.
(b) Her father was dead, but her mother was in Renee's barracks.
(c) She could be reunited with her family in the crematorium.
(d) Her parents were dead, but her siblings were in Renee's barracks.
2. What types of students attend Wilson High?
(a) Mostly blacks.
(b) Mostly hispanics.
(c) Rich kids and poor kids from the projects.
(d) Mostly caucasian students.
3. Who is Miep Gies?
(a) A teacher at Wilson High.
(b) The woman who kept Anne Frank alive in the attic.
(c) Director of the Museum of Tolerance.
(d) A friend of Zlata Filipovic.
4. How old is Zlata when she speaks to the students?
5. When does Zlata meet the students of Wilson High School?
(a) March, 1996.
(b) September, 1998.
(c) March, 2006.
(d) December, 1997.
6. What does a student who is a "goodie two shoes" do when shopping with her parents?
(a) Put lipstick on clothes she tries on.
(c) Meet a friend.
(d) Tears clothes that she tries on.
7. In the fall of 1995, where is home for a student and his mother who are evicted from their apartment?
(a) At his aunt's house.
(b) Room 407.
(c) Room 203.
(d) His church.
8. What amazes a student about the bathrooms at the Century City Marriott?
(a) There is a bathroom for whites and one for other races.
(b) You have to pay a quarter to use the bathroom.
(c) The bathrooms have real towels, no trash on the floor, and no stall doors missing.
(d) There is an attendant in the bathroom.
9. What does Zlata say about Erin Gruwell?
(a) Gruwell is respected and liked by all her fellow teachers.
(b) Gruwell serves as parent, friend, advocate, and teacher.
(c) Gruwell is lucky to have such a talented group of students.
(d) Gruwell should move on to a different high school.
10. What are Zlata and one of the students both wearing when they meet?
(a) Doc Martens.
(b) Gap sweatshirts.
(c) Abercrombie & Fitch jeans.
(d) Aeropostale Ts.
11. What is so special about the buses students rode in with Zlata and Mirna?
(a) The buses are air conditioned, have televisions, seat lights, and bathrooms.
(b) They are driven by bus drivers in tuxedoes.
(c) Each student has their own seat.
(d) There are no broken windows or torn seats.
12. What does one student realize after playing the Peanut Game?
(a) People can't live in harmony because they won't accept each other's skin color or beliefs.
(b) People are different because of their experiences in life.
(c) Gruwell has an interesting way of looking at life.
(d) Grwell makes some very odd comparisons to everyday life.
13. Who are the "Dream Team Moms"?
(a) Mothers who bake cookies for teachers.
(b) Mothers who adopt the class as their kids.
(c) Mothers of the football players.
(d) Mothers of the basketball players.
14. What is the perfect Cinderella story for one student?
(a) To have a date for the prom.
(b) To have a boyfriend like John Tu.
(c) To have her father be a dad.
(d) To be prom queen.
15. How do many of the Wilson High Students get to school each day?
(a) They walk.
(b) They ride bikes.
(c) They take 2-3 buses.
(d) Their parents drive them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How difficult is it for a student at Wilson to buy a gun?
2. What are two books about teens in crisis that are read the fall of 1995?
3. In the fall of 1994, why does one student say s/he does not belong in Gruwell's class?
4. Why is Tommy's father surprised when Gruwell calls him?
5. Why does one student call the story "The Last Spin" a trip?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)