|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick note about celebrities?
(a) They are kinder than most people.
(b) They are smaller than most people.
(c) Their heads are bigger than those of normal people.
(d) They are rude.
2. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
(a) His health.
(b) His friends.
(c) His finances.
(d) His mental state.
3. What does Goolrick do with the girl next door?
(a) Tries to molest her.
(b) Has sex.
(c) Ties her up.
(d) Kisses her.
4. What did Goolrick do at age thirteen for a local paper?
(a) A news story.
(b) An interview.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book review.
5. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(b) A car.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A new suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume did Goolrick and his brother love as children?
2. What did the students have to bring on Butter Day?
3. What does Goolrick suddenly hear as George is threatening him?
4. How long has Goolrick lived alone?
5. What hors d'oeuvres did Goolrick make the adults?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be Goolrick's primary premise in "How I Went On"?
2. Explain what happens when Goolrick runs into the boys from school.
3. Describe Mrs. Lackman's son.
4. Explain Mrs. Lackman's process for bathroom breaks, and why it doesn't work with the children.
5. Describe the creek and explain why it is "violently sexy".
6. Describe the events that took place with Roy and Goolrick's brother in the field.
7. What does Goolrick mean when he points out that they boys thought he was one of them?
8. Describe Goolrick's reply to George's threat.
9. Summarize Goolrick's experiences during kindergarten and first grade.
10. Explain the confrontation between Goolrick and his mother in the first grade.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)