|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Sonny and Blanche?
(a) Goolrick's made up Jewish parents.
(b) Goolrick's aunt and uncle.
(c) Goolrick's in-laws.
(d) Goolrick's parents.
2. What does George pull out from his pocket?
(c) A gun.
(d) A switchblade.
3. When does Goolrick first fall in love?
(a) He is an adult.
(b) He is in college.
(c) He is thirteen.
(d) He is a senior in high school.
4. What allowed the family to begin going to the beach for three weeks a year?
(a) Mother's new job.
(b) Father's new job.
(c) Father's retirement.
(d) A family inheritance.
5. What does Goolrick think was the ultimate goal of Butter Day?
(a) For the store to sell cream.
(b) For Mrs. Lackman to receive free butter.
(c) For the children to have a day off.
(d) For the children to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick begin to obsess about?
2. What did the family do with letters to Santa?
3. What did Goolrick's parents never buy for him?
4. Why is George Hazelwood the leader of the gang?
5. What does George threaten to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened the morning after Goolrick was molested.
2. Summarize Goolrick's experiences during kindergarten and first grade.
3. Explain Goolrick's graduation speech.
4. What seems to be Goolrick's primary premise in "How I Went On"?
5. Explain how cream was used to make butter in the classroom.
6. Describe what happened when Goolrick's brother refused to eat when they were children.
7. Explain what happened to Goolrick when he was four years old.
8. Explain that pageants of Mrs. Lackman's classes.
9. Explain what happens when Goolrick runs into the boys from school.
10. Explain Mrs. Lackman's process for bathroom breaks, and why it doesn't work with the children.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)