|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goolrick watch by the river that excites him?
(a) A young man masturbating.
(b) A woman being raped.
(c) A couple having sex.
(d) Several people having sex with one another.
2. How old was Goolrick when he was molested?
3. What was Goolrick the first May Day play?
(a) A bluebird.
(b) An oriole.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A robin.
4. What did Lackman bake for Butter Day?
5. What did Goolrick's grandfather do to earn a medal?
(a) Saved a family from a burning building.
(b) Helped cure yellow fever.
(c) Died in the war.
(d) Fought in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goolrick grow to despise?
2. What does Goolrick smell on the man?
3. What feature of Father do many notice?
4. What did the children eat with the newly made butter?
5. What did Goolrick give a speech about at graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Mrs. Lackman's process for bathroom breaks, and why it doesn't work with the children.
2. Describe the events that took place with Roy and Goolrick's brother in the field.
3. Explain that pageants of Mrs. Lackman's classes.
4. Describe Mrs. Lackman's son.
5. Summarize Goolrick's experiences during kindergarten and first grade.
6. Describe Goolrick's reply to George's threat.
7. Explain what happens when Goolrick runs into the boys from school.
8. What seems to be Goolrick's primary premise in "How I Went On"?
9. Explain how Goolrick and his siblings coerce their mother into buying things, and how they pay for it.
10. Explain the confrontation between Goolrick and his mother in the first grade.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)