|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What therapy does the other person endure in the hospital?
(a) Water therapy.
(b) Social therapy.
(c) Medicational therapy.
(d) Shock therapy.
2. What did mother once pull from her ribcage?
(a) A rusted carpet tack.
(c) A pine needle.
(d) A nail.
3. How many hands are in Goolrick's hallucination about suicide?
4. Why did Goolrick like to go to the homes of other people?
(a) They had fancy cars.
(b) They had alcohol.
(c) They had televisions.
(d) They had electricity.
5. What kind of coat did mother have that she was proud of?
(a) A mink coat.
(b) A leather coat.
(c) A sable coat.
(d) A bear coat.
6. What was the result of their game?
(a) They lost.
(b) They won.
(c) The couldn't finish.
(d) They tied.
7. What does Goolrick begin to carry with him?
(a) A comb.
(b) A picture of his daughter.
(c) A razor blade.
(d) His medical card.
8. What does Goolrick admit those in the hospital still feel?
(a) A sense of anger.
(b) A sense of competitiveness.
(c) A sense of dignity.
(d) A sense of righteousness.
9. What did Goolrick read to his brother's wife in the church?
(b) The Bible.
(c) Newspaper articles.
10. What does the family pretend Mother is dying from, to avoid reality?
(a) Stomach ulcers.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) Colon cancer.
11. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
(a) They were often spying.
(b) They were usually working the party.
(c) They were told by their parents.
(d) They were told by their friends.
12. What caused Goolrick to end his relationship with his female lover?
(a) She became obsessive.
(b) She was an addict.
(c) She was violent.
(d) She wanted to marry.
13. What didn't anyone during Goolrick's childhood drink?
14. What did each person have to do each morning in the hospital?
(a) Get dressed.
(b) Feed the birds.
(c) Run a mile.
(d) Take a shower.
15. What does Goolrick admit his mother never showed him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
2. Who else tried to commit suicide that Goolrick knew?
3. At what age did Goolrick begin having suicidal thoughts?
4. What caused Goolrick to cry at the hospital?
5. How does the other person try suicide?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)