|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Goolrick's parents bring with them when they came down for brother's surgery?
2. What did Goolrick read to his brother's wife in the church?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(d) The Bible.
3. What therapy does the other person endure in the hospital?
(a) Social therapy.
(b) Medicational therapy.
(c) Shock therapy.
(d) Water therapy.
4. What did mother often eat for breakfast?
(d) Cottage cheese.
5. What was one of the rules for Goolrick's mother?
(a) She never drank or served rum.
(b) She never drank water.
(c) She never served rabbit.
(d) She never ate meat.
6. What was mother known for?
(a) Her wit.
(b) Her artistic ability.
(c) Her kindness.
(d) Her smile.
7. What did mother once pull from her ribcage?
(a) A rusted carpet tack.
(b) A pine needle.
(d) A nail.
8. What does Goolrick suffer from?
9. What game were the patients required to play each day?
10. What did the children call out for mother to do as she left each night?
(a) Sleep well.
(b) Twirl in her dress.
(c) Say her prayers.
(d) Have fun.
11. What is wrong with Aunt Dodo?
(a) She is mentally handicapped.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) She is paralyzed.
12. Who else tried to commit suicide that Goolrick knew?
(a) His brother.
(b) A bookie friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
13. What does Goolrick inadvertently put on his mother's wound?
(a) Icy Hot.
14. How many hands are in Goolrick's hallucination about suicide?
15. What singer did brother sing to Goolrick when he claimed he had broken his new stereo?
(a) Phil Collins.
(b) Rick Springfield.
(c) Bruce Springsteen.
(d) Paul McCartney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother need to stop doing in order to get well?
2. What happens when Goolrick's left arm is too damaged to cut?
3. What does Dodo do that the other children cannot do?
4. What caused Goolrick to cry at the hospital?
5. What is the last contact Goolrick has with Dodo?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)