|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teddy call to inform the family about?
(a) Sister's house burning down.
(b) Mother's illness.
(c) Father's illness.
(d) Brother's death.
2. What does Goolrick admit those in the hospital still feel?
(a) A sense of competitiveness.
(b) A sense of dignity.
(c) A sense of righteousness.
(d) A sense of anger.
3. What singer did brother sing to Goolrick when he claimed he had broken his new stereo?
(a) Phil Collins.
(b) Rick Springfield.
(c) Paul McCartney.
(d) Bruce Springsteen.
4. Who saves Goolrick's life by calling him one night, unexpectedly?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) The police.
(d) A psychotherapist friend.
5. What did Miss Nell do for herself each morning when she woke?
(a) She had her hair done.
(b) Made herself a strong martini.
(c) She did her nails.
(d) Made herself breakfast in bed.
6. What could brother not figure out what to do with?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His pen.
(d) His shoe.
7. What is the last contact Goolrick has with Dodo?
(a) He attends her graduation.
(b) He attends her baptism.
(c) He attends her funeral.
(d) He attends her wedding.
8. How did Goolrick and his brother and sister know about the cocktail parties?
(a) They were usually working the party.
(b) They were often spying.
(c) They were told by their friends.
(d) They were told by their parents.
9. What did Goolrick purchase for his parents for which they never thanked him?
(c) A house.
10. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
(a) She felt he was a drunk.
(b) She thought he flirted with her.
(c) She felt he was cruel to her husband.
(d) She hated his drug use.
11. What did mother once pull from her ribcage?
(a) A nail.
(c) A pine needle.
(d) A rusted carpet tack.
12. What does brother ask about when he finally wakes from his coma?
(a) The Women's Wimbledon.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His parents.
(d) His wife.
13. Why did Goolrick's mother and father die?
(a) They were in a car accident.
(b) They drank too much.
(c) They suffered from colitis.
(d) They smoked too much.
14. What drug is Goolrick taking?
15. What does Goolrick believe decides human emotion?
(c) Human reactions to pain.
(d) Personal choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game were the patients required to play each day?
2. What did Goolrick read to his brother's wife in the church?
3. What is wrong with Aunt Dodo?
4. What does Goolrick do every night when he returns to his apartment in New York?
5. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)