|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Goolrick a star in the hospital?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is a movie star.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) His cuts are very deep.
2. Who saves Goolrick's life by calling him one night, unexpectedly?
(a) His mother.
(b) The police.
(c) His brother.
(d) A psychotherapist friend.
3. What caused Goolrick to cry at the hospital?
(a) His mother's phone call.
(b) His lover's denial.
(c) His father's anger.
(d) His therapists reassurances.
4. How does the other person try suicide?
(a) He slits his wrists and his throat.
(b) She tried to hang herself.
(c) He drove his car off a cliff.
(d) She overdosed.
5. What does Goolrick admit his mother never showed him?
6. What did Goolrick's godfather's wife bring to the family following Father's death?
(a) A ham.
(b) A new car.
7. Why did Goolrick's mother and father die?
(a) They were in a car accident.
(b) They drank too much.
(c) They suffered from colitis.
(d) They smoked too much.
8. What does Judy collect?
9. What medical situation is occurring with his brother's wife at the time of his illness?
(a) She is in labor.
(b) She is dying of breast cancer.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has Fibromyalsia.
10. What does Goolrick do the morning of the funeral?
(a) Calls a prostitute.
(b) Digs his father's grave.
(c) Drives to a bar.
(d) Has a nervous breakdown.
11. What does Goolrick suffer from?
12. What does Goolrick inadvertently put on his mother's wound?
(d) Icy Hot.
13. What did mother make at the end of month when they were short on money?
(a) Poached salmon.
(b) Cabbage soup.
(c) Welsh rarebit.
(d) Grilled cheese.
14. What did the children call out for mother to do as she left each night?
(a) Say her prayers.
(b) Sleep well.
(c) Have fun.
(d) Twirl in her dress.
15. What is the last contact Goolrick has with Dodo?
(a) He attends her baptism.
(b) He attends her graduation.
(c) He attends her funeral.
(d) He attends her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Goolrick's peaceful relationship with his sister-in-law last?
2. Why did brother's wife hate Goolrick?
3. What disease does Goolrick's mother have?
4. What does Goolrick note about people in comas?
5. What did Goolrick's parents bring with them when they came down for brother's surgery?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)