Both Now and Forever
• Goolrick describes his father's funeral and his mother's death.
• Goolrick recounts memories of his dying mother and his own spiral after her death.
• Dodo, Goolrick's aunt, is discussed in relation to her childlike nature.
Maybe I'm Amazed
• Goolrick's brother is diagnosed with a brain aneurysm following a series of symptoms.
• Goolrick flies down to help while he has surgery, although his sister in law despises him.
• The sister in laws family and Goolrick's get along, despite their religious differences, and differences in alcoholic consumption.
• Brother eventually recovers from his coma.
• Goolrick describes his life as a child, including the behaviors of the adults around him and in society in general.
• Goolrick describes his parents at the highlight of their lives, as well as their decline.
• It is clear, by the end of this chapter, that Goolrick's parents have many secrets they are trying...
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)