|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, pg 32 - 41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Matthew’s response to who Robin blames in Section 3 for his own error?
(a) He warns that Robin must learn restraint.
(b) He warns that Robin must learn patience.
(c) He warns that Robin must learn humility.
(d) He warns that Robin must learn honesty.
2. Who resides in the almonry of St. Luke’s?
(a) The travelers of London.
(b) The poor of London.
(c) Welsh immigrants.
(d) Scottish immigrants.
3. What does Ellen do in response to Robin’s outburst regarding the porridge?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She coddles him.
4. What does Robin begin crafting for himself in Section 4?
(a) He makes crutches.
(b) He makes boats.
(c) He makes crosses.
(d) He makes dolls.
5. What does Brother Luke explain about nicknames?
(a) They are always foolish.
(b) They are often terms of endearment.
(c) They are meant to be cruel.
(d) They are often outlandish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Brother Luke called Chaucer?
2. What does Geoffrey call Robin?
3. Why does Robin become angry at the young man in Section 2 for teasing him?
4. Where is Robin’s father at the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Brother Luke say about Robin’s letter to his father in Section 3?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)