|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Recoloring of Campus Life, Student Racism, Academic Pluralism, and the End of a Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 6 says that blacks should not be made to believe that their progress depends on whom?
(a) The white group.
(b) The government.
(c) Their individual selves.
(d) The black group.
2. In what type of setting did Steele experience discrimination and therefore the feeling of inferiority?
(a) Segregated church.
(b) Segregated school.
(c) Segregated social club.
(d) Segregated grocery store.
3. Many blacks have chosen to feel what way, according to Steele?
4. Since the black power movement, what did Steele say much of social policy, with respect to blacks, was geared toward?
(a) White redemption.
(b) Increased racist acts against blacks.
(c) Increased racist acts against whites.
(d) Black redemption.
5. Whose independence is said by Steele to be oppressed by the black identity?
(a) Individualistic blacks.
(b) All mankind.
(c) Those who live under the 'white identity'.
(d) Individualistic whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steele say about the vulnerability of blacks?
2. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
3. Growing up, Steele was in the middle class and was often viewed as what by poor blacks?
4. What did Steele say he had to seek in order to explain 'racial specifics'?
5. Chapter 5 said, in terms of race relations, blacks had a choice between two ways to address the issue. What way did the chapter say blacks and whites agreed was best for blacks?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)