|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Recoloring of Campus Life, Student Racism, Academic Pluralism, and the End of a Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
(a) Bill Thomas.
(b) Tom Smith.
(c) Bob Jones.
(d) Bill White.
2. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
(a) Commence with the premise that all races are composed of humans.
(b) Politics plays a key role in the separation of race, of which he writes.
(c) He is only writing from a subjective point-of-view.
(d) He is only writing from an objective point-of-view.
3. To what did Steele say affirmative action has transformed equality?
(a) A form of political engineering.
(b) A form of social engineering.
(c) A form of religious engineering.
(d) A form of psychological engineering.
4. What did Steele mention school campuses mainly focus on in terms of the students?
(c) Friendships formed.
(d) Number of students.
5. What president did Chapter 1 say Steele agrees with on many issues?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) George Bush, Sr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steele said that blacks do not know how to do what?
2. Prior to what decade did Steele say middle class blacks often distinguished themselves from poor blacks?
3. What did Steele say that many say is the purpose of affirmative action?
4. In line with Steele's philosophy, moving away from racial preferences would do what in the black community?
5. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)