|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Recomposed Self, More on Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Steele's mind, what undermines the struggles for freedom?
(a) Living in predominantly white neighborhoods.
(b) Having Chinese friends, as a black person.
(c) Accepting defeat.
(d) Advancing from being poor to the middle class.
2. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
3. In what profession is Steele's wife?
(c) Clinical psychology.
4. What type of barrier did Steele say is the most powerful barrier blocking black progress?
5. According to Steele's outlook, what controls how blacks react to their problems?
(a) Social vulnerability.
(b) Racial vulnerability.
(c) Mental vulnerability.
(d) Sexual vulnerability.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steele, accepting the negative feelings that others have towards another, generally promotes what two emotions for the 'victim'?
2. What nickname did Chapter 4 say some blacks are given when they strive for achievement?
3. Steele's view said that vulnerability affects what aspects of black life?
4. Which black group is continually expanding, According to Chapter 3?
5. What did Steele say has declined for blacks with respect to whites?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)