|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Recomposed Self, More on Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When one rejects responsibility, what does Steele say that individual is also rejecting?
(a) A base of power.
(b) A sense of pride.
2. Whose independence is said by Steele to be oppressed by the black identity?
(a) All mankind.
(b) Those who live under the 'white identity'.
(c) Individualistic blacks.
(d) Individualistic whites.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, how many of his friends was Steele sipping chardonnay with?
4. In terms of 'creating a black identity', what did Steele say is something that blacks engage in?
(d) Compensatory grandiosity.
5. Steele said that being which of the following 'in no way spares one from being human'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steele say is the first step to pursuing power?
2. What type of barrier did Steele say is the most powerful barrier blocking black progress?
3. What does Steele say is one of the downfalls of the 'black identity'?
4. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
5. In what ways did Steele say blacks are excommunicated by their race when they create their own individual identity?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)