|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Recomposed Self, More on Vulnerability.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steele, what do blacks many times 'overrate their sense of'?
2. How does Steele define the self-descriptions that justify one's fears?
3. What does Steele say is one of the downfalls of the 'black identity'?
(a) It does not promote individuality.
(b) It encourages segregation of schools.
(c) It does not accept people of other races in social settings.
(d) It lessens the number of religious institutions.
4. What is Steele's son's name?
(a) Shelby III.
5. Steele's daughter's name is which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steele, when an individual is tired of thinking in racial terms, he / she is said to have which of the following?
2. What did Steele say of the president mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. Methods of creating a black identity is also known as what, said Steele?
4. What do many blacks say Steele has failed to recognize?
5. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)