|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Race-Holding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
2. What did an old professor of Steele's say?
(a) 'Charity begins at home.'
(b) 'Education is key.'
(c) 'Practice what you preach.'
(d) 'Ideas themselves come a dime a dozen.'
3. What did Steele say about the main problem between races in America?
(a) There are no problems between races, it's just a political ploy.
(b) They are not just different in race, but compete in power.
(c) Problems between races is essential to the stability of a country.
(d) They will easily be resolved with time.
4. What do many blacks say Steele has failed to recognize?
(a) Priority of the black race.
(b) Priority of the white race.
(c) Superiority of the white race.
(d) Superiority of the black race.
5. What is the race / ethnicity of Steele's wife?
(b) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Steele work?
2. According to Steele, when an individual is tired of thinking in racial terms, he / she is said to have which of the following?
3. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
4. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
5. Steele's daughter's name is which of the following?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)