|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Race-Holding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say about the main problem between races in America?
(a) There are no problems between races, it's just a political ploy.
(b) They are not just different in race, but compete in power.
(c) They will easily be resolved with time.
(d) Problems between races is essential to the stability of a country.
2. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
(a) Bill Thomas.
(b) Bill White.
(c) Tom Smith.
(d) Bob Jones.
3. Steele said that being which of the following 'in no way spares one from being human'?
4. What is the race / ethnicity of Steele's wife?
(d) African American.
5. What do many blacks say Steele has failed to recognize?
(a) Superiority of the black race.
(b) Priority of the white race.
(c) Superiority of the white race.
(d) Priority of the black race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
2. According to Steele, when an individual is tired of thinking in racial terms, he / she is said to have which of the following?
3. According to Chapter 2, many blacks are afraid to do what?
4. What topic of discussion did Steele and his friends 'suddenly' bring up?
5. According to Steele, what did he have to remember and forget when writing?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)