|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Race-Holding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steele, when an individual is tired of thinking in racial terms, he / she is said to have which of the following?
2. What is Steele's son's name?
(c) Shelby III.
3. How does Steele define the self-descriptions that justify one's fears?
4. What period in time did Steele refer to as 'turbulent'?
5. What did Steele say of the president mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) He gave the average white American a way to be innocent.
(b) He gave the average black American a way to be innocent.
(c) He proved the average white American was not innocent.
(d) He proved the average black American was not innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
2. What was Steele doing on the afternoon of the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1986?
3. What type of barrier did Steele say is the most powerful barrier blocking black progress?
4. Who helped Steele in the overall writing of the book?
5. What profession did Chapter 2 say Steele worked in?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)