|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Memory of Enemies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From Steele's experience, what happened to the black students in his college?
(a) They all dropped out.
(b) There were no blacks at his school.
(c) Most of them dropped out.
(d) They all graduated.
2. What did Steele say is the purpose of affirmative action?
(a) Increase discrimination.
(b) Keep discrimination at its current state.
(c) Prove there never was the issue of discrimination.
(d) Decrease discrimination.
3. Chapter 6 says that blacks should not be made to believe that their progress depends on whom?
(a) Their individual selves.
(b) The black group.
(c) The white group.
(d) The government.
4. What do many blacks say Steele has failed to recognize?
(a) Priority of the black race.
(b) Superiority of the black race.
(c) Superiority of the white race.
(d) Priority of the white race.
5. What type of self-proclaimed identity did Steele say he developed as a result of feeling of inferior?
Short Answer Questions
1. For blacks, what is a method of handling freedom, per Steele's thoughts?
2. In Steele's opinion, in order to be effective, what must white guilt give way to?
3. Methods of creating a black identity is also known as what, said Steele?
4. When one rejects responsibility, what does Steele say that individual is also rejecting?
5. What did Steele mention that black power produces?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)