|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Memory of Enemies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Social policies, said Steele, should be geared toward what?
(a) Educational and economic development.
(b) Hidden political agendas.
(c) Educational development ONLY.
(d) Economic development ONLY.
2. To what did Steele say affirmative action has transformed equality?
(a) A form of psychological engineering.
(b) A form of religious engineering.
(c) A form of social engineering.
(d) A form of political engineering.
3. Not demanding blacks to perform in a university setting is a type of what, as per Steele?
4. What does Steele say is the first step to pursuing power?
(a) Violently protesting it.
(b) Engaging in formal training to make sure he / she can handle the power.
(c) Convincing oneself that he / she is entitled to it.
(d) Conquering the victim.
5. Who is white guilt beneficial to, in Steele's estimation?
(a) Whites ONLY.
(b) No one.
(c) Blacks ONLY.
(d) Blacks and whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompted Steele to begin writing his first book?
2. What group do many blacks say 'failed to recognize' what Steele failed to recognize?
3. As indicated by Steele, how is affirmative action a positive relationship between blacks and whites?
4. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
5. At the conclusion of the introduction, who did Steele thank?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)