|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of barrier did Steele say is the most powerful barrier blocking black progress?
2. What topic of discussion did Steele and his friends 'suddenly' bring up?
3. What group do many blacks say 'failed to recognize' what Steele failed to recognize?
(a) Poor blacks.
(b) Poor whites.
(c) Middle class blacks.
(d) Wealthy whites.
4. What type of shock did Steele say individuals are said to be a part of when in mixed-race situations?
5. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
(a) Bob Jones.
(b) Tom Smith.
(c) Bill White.
(d) Bill Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which black group is continually expanding, According to Chapter 3?
2. At the conclusion of the introduction, who did Steele thank?
3. In what state does Steele work?
4. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
5. What is Steele's son's name?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)