|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What president did Chapter 1 say Steele agrees with on many issues?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Jimmy Carter.
(c) George Bush, Sr.
(d) Bill Clinton.
2. In what state does Steele work?
(c) New York.
3. What type of self-proclaimed identity did Steele say he developed as a result of feeling of inferior?
4. In what profession is Steele's wife?
(d) Clinical psychology.
5. What type of barrier did Steele say is the most powerful barrier blocking black progress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What period in time did Steele refer to as 'turbulent'?
2. When one rejects responsibility, what does Steele say that individual is also rejecting?
3. What did an old professor of Steele's say?
4. Which of the following is the 'greatest barrier to black progress', according to Steele?
5. What topic of discussion did Steele and his friends 'suddenly' bring up?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)