|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steele mentioned that which of the following 'spreads like spilled paint'?
2. What did Steele say about the main problem between races in America?
(a) They will easily be resolved with time.
(b) There are no problems between races, it's just a political ploy.
(c) Problems between races is essential to the stability of a country.
(d) They are not just different in race, but compete in power.
3. In Steele's opinion, why do blacks avoid 'important opportunities'?
(a) They do not avoid 'important opportunities'.
(b) They are never in a position to engage in 'important opportunities'.
(c) Other races forbid them from doing so.
(d) They do not want to run the risk of failing.
4. What is Steele's son's name?
(d) Shelby III.
5. What inflates the individual seeking power over another, according to Steele?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steele, what race is considered the most 'despised' race?
2. What is the reason for the accusation against Steele in Chapter 2?
3. Complete Steele's statement. 'Race indeed remains a source of white ____.'
4. Who was Steele's editor for The Content of Our Character?
5. What did Steele learn about himself when writing The Content of Our Character?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)