|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steele, what two ways do blacks generally handle the feeling of powerlessness?
(a) Bargain or challenge.
(b) Ignore or argue.
(c) Fully agree or challenge.
(d) Ignore or fully agree.
2. Steele stated that although some of his life experiences may be different from other races, what is true?
(a) There is nothing different in the processes that drive his mind.
(b) He should not be judged by his race.
(c) He is of an inferior race.
(d) He is of a superior race.
3. What type of self-proclaimed identity did Steele say he developed as a result of feeling of inferior?
4. What is the race / ethnicity of Steele's wife?
(b) African American.
5. What profession did Chapter 2 say Steele worked in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of setting did Steele experience discrimination and therefore the feeling of inferiority?
2. What did Steele say is the driving force when one gives utmost attention to race?
3. What president did Chapter 1 say Steele agrees with on many issues?
4. With regard to racial insecurity, blacks prove this by portraying what type of attitude about black pride, according to Steele?
5. How did Steele say Bill Cosby deals with the feeling of powerlessness?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)