|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Being Black and Feeling Blue, Black Hesitation on the Brink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what profession is Steele's wife?
(a) Clinical psychology.
2. What two adjectives did Steele use to describe his editor?
(a) Firm, helpful.
(b) Caring, considerate.
(c) Bright, hard-working.
(d) Sensitive, understanding.
3. What is Steele often accused of being?
4. What did Steele say pride requires of blacks?
(a) It requires them to be accountable for their actions.
(b) It allows them to feel good about themselves without being accountable for their actions.
(c) It requires them to have a 'racist' attitude.
(d) It requires them to help other races acquire racial pride.
5. With regard to racial insecurity, blacks prove this by portraying what type of attitude about black pride, according to Steele?
(a) They hate it.
(b) They are obsessed with it and make that well-known.
(c) They secretly love it, but act as if they hate it.
(d) They hate it, but act like they are very fond of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Steele's mind, what undermines the struggles for freedom?
2. Steele said blacks are many times threatened by the repentance of whom?
3. It's Steele's belief that in what types of areas do blacks many times withhold effort?
4. What does Steele say would be the secret to writing this book, if there was such a a thing?
5. In what state does Steele work?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)