|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Recoloring of Campus Life, Student Racism, Academic Pluralism, and the End of a Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steele say is true of white guilt?
(a) Only descendants of slave owners experience this emotion.
(b) It is openly practiced by all whites.
(c) There is no reason for it.
(d) The exhibition of racial anger by blacks is a factor of white guilt.
2. What does Steele say must be shared between blacks and whites?
(a) Economic means.
3. What is the reason for the accusation against Steele in Chapter 2?
(a) Because he is a part of the middle class.
(b) Because he cannot articulate his opinions.
(c) Because he has openly made racial slurs against blacks.
(d) Because he has openly made racial slurs against whites.
4. According to Chapter 5, what do whites want to get rid of?
(a) Black power.
(b) Racial tension.
(d) White power.
5. Not demanding blacks to perform in a university setting is a type of what, as per Steele?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steele mention that black power produces?
2. Of the following, what is a factor of white guilt, per Steele's way of thinking?
3. What group of students did Steele penned often feels inferior?
4. According to Steele, how do whites often view blacks?
5. How does Steele define the self-descriptions that justify one's fears?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)