|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Recoloring of Campus Life, Student Racism, Academic Pluralism, and the End of a Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the black power movement begin to rise?
2. How does Steele define the self-descriptions that justify one's fears?
3. Of the following, what is a factor of white guilt, per Steele's way of thinking?
(a) Understanding of ill-gotten advantage.
(b) The fact that statistically, many blacks are uneducated.
(c) Just being a member of the white race.
(d) The fact that statistically, many blacks are poor.
4. What profession did Chapter 2 say Steele worked in?
5. What legislation passed when the black power movement began?
(a) Housing and Urban Development Act.
(b) National Banking Act.
(c) Residence Act.
(d) Civil Rights Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. After speaking to some of students, what does Steele learn is the true, underlying reason for campus racism?
2. What did Steele say Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. encouraged blacks to do?
3. What did Steele say he noticed on his college campus with regard to ethnic conflict?
4. When one rejects responsibility, what does Steele say that individual is also rejecting?
5. What group of students did Steele penned often feels inferior?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)