|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was conservative icon Charles Murray born?
2. Who wrote "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
3. What is the second of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
4. What publication is Ebenezer Howard most well-known for publishing?
5. What did Ebenezer Howard call the central area in his Utopian cities in "Author's Introduction" and "The Town-Country Magnet"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerry Stoker define regime theory as in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
2. What is detailed in "Broadacre City: A New Community Plan"?
3. How does John Mollenkopf define structuralists and pluralists in "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
4. What does John Kasarda concluted in "The Jobs-Skills Mismatch"?
5. What would the outer and inner city contain in "Urbanism as a Way of Life"?
6. Where does the study take place in "Kinship and Community"? Who conducted it?
7. What negative aspects of poverty does Oscar Lewis describe?
8. What does Oscar Lewis write about in the anthology? What are his theories?
9. What does Ebenezer Howard propose for urban developers? Which articles are his?
10. What does Gerry Stoker write about "neo-pluralists"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe John Mollenkopf and the theories and ideas presented in "How to Study Urban Political Power." What are the two groups of researchers described in the article?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the changes and developments in urbanization through the Middle Ages as described in "The Urbanization of the Human Population." Who is the author of this work?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the careers and theories of H.D.F. Kitto and Henri Pirenne and the works "The Polis," "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization." How do Kitto's and Pirenne's visions differ?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)