|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: The Future of The City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Polis" first published?
2. Who wrote "The Pedestrian Pocket"?
(a) Raymond Unwin.
(b) Constantin Doxiadis.
(c) Paolo Soleri.
(d) Peter Calthorpe.
3. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
4. What conquistador wrote an eyewitness account of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards under Hernán Cortés?
(a) Bernal Diaz.
(b) H.D.F. Kitto.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Henri Pirenne.
5. The editors of The City Reader have taught at the San Francisco State University, University of California, Berkley and what other institution, according to the Introduction from the Editors?
(a) Coloumbia University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Rutgers University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Moroccan Berber Islamic scholar and traveller who is known for the account of his travels and excursions called the Rihla?
2. Rather than using the traditional three ages of Stone, Bronze and Iron, V. Gordon Childe writes that development is better seen as occurring in the Paleolithic, Neolithic, urban, and what eras?
3. Who is the author of The Making of Urban America?
4. What kind of streets does the author of "Of Cooperation in Site Planning, and How Common Enjoyment Benefits the Individual" argue have reduced urban overcrowding?
5. What is the first of the five factors which "city of tomorrow" would emerge in "Ecumenopolis, World City of Tomorrow"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)