|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Visions, Theory, and Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conquistador wrote an eyewitness account of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards under Hernán Cortés?
(a) Bernal Diaz.
(b) Henri Pirenne.
(c) H.D.F. Kitto.
(d) Marco Polo.
2. When was "The Black Underclass" first published?
3. What publication is Ebenezer Howard most well-known for publishing?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Garden Cities of To-morrow.
4. When was "A Contemporary City" first published?
5. "What is a City?" discusses the urban experience as what to human life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of computer software permits users to map data and is useful in studying cities?
2. When was "The Uses of Sidewalks: Safety" first published?
3. When was John Kasarda's "The Jobs-Skills Mismatch" first published?
4. Who does the author of "The Black Underclass" criticize for their fear to confront the issues of the poor black community?
5. What urban designer and his students conducted surveys of residents of Boston and other cities to understand how they perceived the city environment?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)