|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Urban Politics, Governance, and Economics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of several responses to developments of local governments given by the author in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America"?
(a) Decreasing taxation.
(b) Frequent elections.
(c) Increasing taxation.
(d) Cutting public spending.
2. What is the name of the book in which "The Polis" was first published?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The Ottomans.
3. When was "The Black Underclass" first published?
4. Richard LeGates writes in "How to Study Cities" that professors are trained in and expected to teach material within their respective what?
(a) Area's of amusement.
(c) Field of interest.
(d) Academic disciplines.
5. What is the second of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the concept of polis stress in its establishment of temples, stadiums, and theaters?
2. Urban economists tend to study the economics of cities using what kind of methods, according to LeGate in "How to Study Cities"?
3. Who is the author of The Making of Urban America?
4. What city does John Brinckerhoff Jackson describe in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
5. Who wrote "The Uses of Sidewalks: Safety"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)