|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Evolution of Cities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. V. Gordon Childe discusses the evolution of cities in Spain, Britain, and Germany during what period in "The Urban Revolution"?
(a) 1400 B.C.
(b) 1500 B.C.
(c) 1300 B.C.
(d) 1500 A.D.
2. Urban sociologists tend to study the sociology of cities using what kind of methods, according to LeGate in "How to Study Cities"?
3. What kind of academic programs are referred to as those which bring the expertise of specialists from multiple disciplines together?
(a) Combidisciplinary programs.
(b) Megadisciplinary programs.
(c) Doctorate programs.
(d) Interdisciplinary programs.
4. In "How to Study Cities," LeGates writes that the borderlines between the objects of study, methods, theory and work product of different disciplines are what?
(a) Clearly drawn.
(d) Vastly different.
5. What city's civilization does V. Gordon Childe describe from 3000-2000 B.C. in "The Urban Revolution"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Of the Noble and Magnificent City of Kin-sai"?
2. When was the article "Levittown and America" first published?
3. Whose insights on urban planning in the face of conflict does LeGate claim to be intellectually rigorous in "How to Study Cities"?
4. At what institution is Richard LeGates a Professor of Urban Studies?
5. When was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer born?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)