|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Evolution of Cities.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard LeGates describes the process of studying cities as what in "How to Study Cities"?
2. Whose insights on urban planning in the face of conflict does LeGate claim to be intellectually rigorous in "How to Study Cities"?
(a) James Q. Wilson's.
(b) Frederic Stout's.
(c) John Forester's.
(d) Lewis Mumford's.
3. What urban designer and his students conducted surveys of residents of Boston and other cities to understand how they perceived the city environment?
(a) William Julius Wilson.
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Kingsley Davis.
(d) Kevin Lynch.
4. What urban sociologist did extensive field research in Black ghettos of Chicago?
(a) Lewis Mumford.
(b) Kevin Lynch.
(c) William Julius Wilson.
(d) John Reps.
5. Who wrote "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
(a) Henri Pirenne.
(b) Kingsley Davis.
(c) H.D.F. Kitto.
(d) Bernal Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a Moroccan Berber Islamic scholar and traveller who is known for the account of his travels and excursions called the Rihla?
2. Who wrote the book The City in History in 1961?
3. What research method involves the analysis of statistical data?
4. What kind of computer software permits users to map data and is useful in studying cities?
5. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)