|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Urban Society and Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "How to Study Cities," LeGates writes that the borderlines between the objects of study, methods, theory and work product of different disciplines are what?
(a) Vastly different.
(b) Clearly drawn.
2. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
3. Who was a Moroccan Berber Islamic scholar and traveller who is known for the account of his travels and excursions called the Rihla?
(a) Bernal Diaz.
(b) Henri Pirenne.
(c) Ibn Battuta.
(d) H.D.F. Kitto.
4. When was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer born?
5. What is the first of the five zones of the city described in "The Growth of the City: An Introduction to a Research Project"?
(a) The financial zone.
(b) The urban zone.
(c) The shopping district.
(d) The government zone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The editors write in the Introduction from the Editors that their students have asked for the past how many years what the best writings in urban development are?
2. What city does the author of "The Polis" use as an example of the peak of the polis?
3. Who does the author of "The Black Underclass" criticize for their fear to confront the issues of the poor black community?
4. When was the article "Levittown and America" first published?
5. When was "The Urban Revolution" first published?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)