|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Urban Society and Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were "Kinship and Community" and "Keeping Themselves to Themselves" first published?
2. When was "The City Image and Its Elements" first published?
3. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
4. When was the article "Levittown and America" first published?
5. What did the concept of polis stress in its establishment of temples, stadiums, and theaters?
(a) Public spaces.
(c) Bath houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was at the center of the imaginary American city when it was first laid out in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
2. Richard LeGates points out that colleges and universities today have a tendency to do what to knowledge, according to "How to Study Cities"?
3. When was "The Growth of the City: An Introduction to a Research Project" first published?
4. Who wrote the book The City in History in 1961?
5. When was "The Black Underclass" first published?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)