|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Urban Society and Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of research does not necessarily look at numbers or statistical analysis?
2. What is the first of the five elements that are common to cities described in "The City Image and Its Elements"?
(c) Emergency services.
3. What does LeGates write "have their advantage that they are based on consistent methods for acquiring knowledge and a more or less agreed upon body of knowledge"?
(b) Scientific laws.
4. What city's civilization does V. Gordon Childe describe from 3000-2000 B.C. in "The Urban Revolution"?
5. When was "Urbanism as a Way of Life" first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
2. The author of "The Polis" writes that the term polis refers to more of a what than the current "city"?
3. Who edited the book The Internal Structure of the City?
4. What city does the author of "The Polis" use as an example of the peak of the polis?
5. What refers to entry points or points of transportation in a city in "The City Image and Its Elements"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)