|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Urban Society and Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
2. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
3. Engels describes the working-class districts and the public health consequences of these horrors where in "The Great Towns"?
4. Lewis Mumford presents the city as a collection of primary groups assembled together, with their physical organization determining levels of what?
5. What city's civilization does V. Gordon Childe describe from 3000-2000 B.C. in "The Urban Revolution"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer born?
2. In "Choosing a Future," Murray examines education as a possible solution, noting that many barriers to a fair education had already been eliminated by what era?
3. Rather than using the traditional three ages of Stone, Bronze and Iron, V. Gordon Childe writes that development is better seen as occurring in the Paleolithic, Neolithic, urban, and what eras?
4. Richard LeGates describes the process of studying cities as what in "How to Study Cities"?
5. What refers to the boundaries of the city in "The City Image and Its Elements"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)