|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Visions, Theory, and Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Patrick Geddes's "City Survey for Town Planning Purposes, of Municipalities and Government" first published?
2. When was "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns" first published?
3. "What is a City?" discusses the urban experience as what to human life?
4. Who was a Moroccan Berber Islamic scholar and traveller who is known for the account of his travels and excursions called the Rihla?
(a) Henri Pirenne.
(b) H.D.F. Kitto.
(c) Ibn Battuta.
(d) Bernal Diaz.
5. What conquistador wrote an eyewitness account of the conquest of Mexico by the Spaniards under Hernán Cortés?
(a) H.D.F. Kitto.
(b) Bernal Diaz.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Henri Pirenne.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
2. What is the third city plan described by Louis Wirth in "Urbanism as a Way of Life" planned around?
3. When was "The Great Towns" first published?
4. Engels writes that it is what that has crammed the people into squalor in "The Great Towns"?
5. What does the author of "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns" write advanced a democratic society, taking pressure off of different classes by giving them an area that they can all enjoy?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)