|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Visions, Theory, and Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Urbanism as a Way of Life" first published?
2. V. Gordon Childe writes in "The Urban Revolution" that the three revolutions separating the major eras are the urban, the industrial and what?
3. What city does the author of "The Polis" use as an example of the peak of the polis?
4. What essay in the collection was written by Peter Hall?
(a) "The Factual Town."
(b) "It Takes A Village."
(c) "Total Utopia."
(d) "The City of Theory."
5. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What examples of cities and civilizations from the Stone era does V. Gordon Childe describe in "The Urban Revolution"?
2. Who is the author of "The Negro Problems of Philadelphia"?
3. According to the author of "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns," parks combat vice and what?
4. When was Ebenezer Howard born?
5. What city did Patrick Geddes cite for its "mistakes, disasters, even vandalisms" in "City Survey for Town Planning Purposes, of Municipalities and Government"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)