|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Visions, Theory, and Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of streets does the author of "Of Cooperation in Site Planning, and How Common Enjoyment Benefits the Individual" argue have reduced urban overcrowding?
(a) Narrow, curved streets.
(b) Narrow, straight streets.
(c) Wide, curved streets.
(d) Wide, straight streets.
2. When was "Urbanism as a Way of Life" first published?
3. Engels writes that it is what that has crammed the people into squalor in "The Great Towns"?
(a) The musical epoch.
(b) The critical epoch.
(c) The industrial epoch.
(d) The philosophical epoch.
4. What periodical first published "The Urban Revolution"?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Town Planning Review.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
5. What examples of cities and civilizations from the Stone era does V. Gordon Childe describe in "The Urban Revolution"?
(a) Egypt, Sumner, and India.
(b) India, Ireland, and Chile.
(c) Egypt, Sudan, and Ireland.
(d) Scotland, Iran, and Sudan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Patrick Geddes's "City Survey for Town Planning Purposes, of Municipalities and Government" first published?
2. What kind of cities does Ebenezer Howard present as a protest against overcrowding?
3. When was Friedrich Engels born?
4. Who wrote "The Drive-In Culture of Contemporary America"?
5. Engels describes the working-class districts and the public health consequences of these horrors where in "The Great Towns"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)