|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, during the fire and subsequent chaos in the cabaret, who does the assassin kill?
2. What does Yao Ming, the large Asian, call the shooting at Liang?
3. Where did D'Anjou find a man to train as a pretender in the ways of Medusa?
4. Who is Ian Ballantyne?
5. While on the tarmac at the airfield, where does the airport clerk tell Webb the plane containing the brown sedan he was chasing is heading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
2. What might the narrow hallways and inner offices throughout the first two chapters symbolize?
3. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
4. What does Panov discover when he calls the State Department after first learning about Marie's disappearance from David Webb?
5. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
6. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
7. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
8. What does Webb's reaction to receiving Marie's note tell the reader about the couple's relationship?
9. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
10. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marie is a strong character throughout most of the novel. How does the author depict her as strong and influential, while at the same time describing her with traditional feminine characteristics? How would you label Marie?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the literary elements of "The Bourne Supremacy."
Part 1) Summarize the types of literary elements utilized by the author.
Part 2) Select one literary element and expand upon how this element enhanced the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Catherine Staples and Marie are the only two significant female characters in the novel.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the characters of Catherine and Marie. How are they the same? How are they different?
Part 2) List specific events from the book where Catherine and Marie have an impact on others.
Part 3) How do Marie and Catherine affect the plot and tone of the novel?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)