|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jiang Yu?
2. After Webb and Panov discuss the information Webb has collected while speaking with agents on the phone, what do both Webb and Panov believe about the situation?
3. Which character is at the hospital conversing with the doctor and returns to the room after learning Marie has escaped?
4. From what disease does David Webb suffer?
5. After the assassin makes his kill in Chapter 1, what does his guard help him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the situation in Macau that is revealed to Webb in Chapter 3.
2. What does Panov discover when he calls the State Department after first learning about Marie's disappearance from David Webb?
3. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
4. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
5. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
6. What is the "big picture" purpose of the assassination in Chapter 1?
7. How does Webb utilize the Assistant Manager and clerk at the hotel?
8. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
9. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
10. What clue from Marie's story does McAllister discover from the Treadstone-71 file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil is a theme throughout "The Bourne Supremacy," both literally and figuratively.
Part 1) How is good presented in the book? How is evil presented in the book? Cite examples.
Part 2) Select two characters from the book and explain why they are good, evil, or a combination of both. Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the debating strategies between Catherine Staples and Raymond Havilland in their discussion as to why Marie has to be turned over to the government.
Part 1) With whom do you agree regarding this argument, and why?
Part 2) Debate one side of this argument from either the viewpoint of Staples or Havilland.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the quote, "Nothing endures but change" (Heraclitus). Discuss how this quote applies to this novel considering both the plot and the characters. Cite examples to support your reasoning.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)