|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not obtained by Webb during his shopping trip?
2. What does Webb do to help cope with his stress and problems?
3. While in his office in Chapter 3, what does Webb experience?
4. When they first meet in this novel, where does McAllister speak to Webb?
5. What name does Webb use when he arrives at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting and mood of Chapter 1.
2. Describe David Webb's distrust of the U.S. government.
3. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
4. What do Webb's actions in Wu Song's warehouse tell the reader?
5. By the end of Chapter 13, how has Webb's character changed from the beginning of the novel?
6. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
7. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
8. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
9. Why is it important for Webb to contact the conspirators rather than the other way around?
10. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marie is a strong character throughout most of the novel. How does the author depict her as strong and influential, while at the same time describing her with traditional feminine characteristics? How would you label Marie?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the ways in which communications and technologies have changed in the past 15 years.
Part 1) What role did technology play in this novel?
Part 2) In Webb's life, how did the use of technology affect him and his abilities during his missions?
Part 3) Is technology always a good thing?
Essay Topic 3
As the protagonist, David Webb is set up to be the hero of the novel.
Part 1) Provide a definition for the term "hero."
Part 2) Do you feel Webb is a hero? Why or why not? Cite examples from the novel to support your answer.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)