|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is "Delta" is a codename?
2. When he arrives in Kowloon, Webb takes a two hour limousine drive. Which of the following does not happen during this drive around the city?
3. In Chapter 1, during the fire and subsequent chaos in the cabaret, who does the assassin kill?
4. Where does Marie stay while Staples is investigating McAllister's story in Chapter 15?
5. Who is Raymond Havilland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Conklin's and Webb's plan?
2. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
3. What is the "big picture" purpose of the assassination in Chapter 1?
4. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
5. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
6. Why is Marie's escape from the hospital successful?
7. By chapter 12, what events from previous chapters suggest that Marie is a strong and resourceful character?
8. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
9. Describe McAllister's state of mind when he leaves Webb in Chapter 3, and why is this important?
10. Describe the Frenchman's affiliation with the impostor Bourne.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marie is a strong character throughout most of the novel. How does the author depict her as strong and influential, while at the same time describing her with traditional feminine characteristics? How would you label Marie?
Essay Topic 2
Both internal and external conflicts drive this story as Webb seeks his independence from the people controlling him.
Part 1) Describe the internal and external conflicts Webb encounters in this novel.
Part 2) How does Webb attempt to save his independence in this novel?
Part 3) Do you think Webb will every truly be independent? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the ways in which communications and technologies have changed in the past 15 years.
Part 1) What role did technology play in this novel?
Part 2) In Webb's life, how did the use of technology affect him and his abilities during his missions?
Part 3) Is technology always a good thing?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)