|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Webb feel when he discovers that his six protection guards are leaving?
2. What does Bourne notice is strange about the guard near the campfire who is watching the woods?
3. What does Conklin tell the Chief of Internal Security as part of his and Webb's plan?
4. What does Panov suggest to help calm Webb after Webb has interrogated several agents?
5. While in the foothills near Gongbei, what is the signal that indicates the conference is on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Webb's state of mind at the end of Chapter 7.
2. Describe the Frenchman's affiliation with the impostor Bourne.
3. Summarize the situation in Macau that is revealed to Webb in Chapter 3.
4. Summarize David Webb's dilemma after Chapter 1.
5. Describe the character of Alexander Conklin.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 16, why does Webb now disagree with his wife, believing that he is indeed a killer?
7. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
8. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
9. What is revealed at the opening of Chapter 11 through the meeting with the large Asian?
10. Why might Webb want to find out about Medusa after his wife first disappears?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Character analysis is critical to literary analysis. Conduct a thorough character analysis of the protagonist, David Webb.
Part 1) Describe Webb's physical, emotional, and intellectual traits.
Part 2) How do Webb's traits affect reader interest in the novel?
Part 3) If you could change one character trait about David Webb, what would it be, and why? How would this change affect the outcome of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil is a theme throughout "The Bourne Supremacy," both literally and figuratively.
Part 1) How is good presented in the book? How is evil presented in the book? Cite examples.
Part 2) Select two characters from the book and explain why they are good, evil, or a combination of both. Provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the "unidentifiable man" in "The Bourne Supremacy."
Part 1) Include in your essay references to written examples of this concept.
Part 2) Discuss whether you think David Webb was struggling with or against his alter-ego.
Part 3) Comment on whether you think David Webb is truly ever unidentifiable. That is, do you feel the transformation into Jason Bourne is ever 100%. Cite examples to support how you feel.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)