Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to serving as a "watchdog" for the meeting between McAllister and Havilland in Chapter 2, who is John Reilly?
2. Which statement best describes Webb's limo driver?
3. To what does the term <i>Zhongguo ren<i> refer?
4. In Chapter 2, for which of the following does the CIA believe Beijing will blame the United States?
5. Where does Webb meet the third contact in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb use his skills to "arrange" a meeting with the impostor Bourne?
2. Describe McAllister's state of mind when he leaves Webb in Chapter 3, and why is this important?
3. What does Panov discover when he calls the State Department after first learning about Marie's disappearance from David Webb?
4. Why does Webb not kill the impostor Bourne immediately?
5. Why might the CIA and State Department have chosen McAllister as the link to David Webb?
6. Discuss Webb's preparations for his trip to Hong Kong.
7. What can the reader infer about the McAllister character from his actions upon hearing the news of Marie's escape from the hospital?
8. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
9. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
10. Do you agree with Marie's thinking that Webb's memories of Burma are healthy?
Essay Topic 1
Is it better to trust or be trusted? Develop your response quoting instances from this novel to support your reasons.
Essay Topic 2
Significant attitude changes have occurred over the past few decades regarding the roles of females and males in society.
Part 1) Do you think Catherine and Marie are viewed as traditional or progressive women in this novel? Support your position with examples from your own experience, or from examples in the novel.
Part 2) If you could change either (or both) of these characters, what changes would you make and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the "unidentifiable man" in "The Bourne Supremacy."
Part 1) Include in your essay references to written examples of this concept.
Part 2) Discuss whether you think David Webb was struggling with or against his alter-ego.
Part 3) Comment on whether you think David Webb is truly ever unidentifiable. That is, do you feel the transformation into Jason Bourne is ever 100%. Cite examples to support how you feel.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)