|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marie contact after she has escaped from Staples' flat and checked into the Empress Hotel?
2. What does Havilland hope will be the outcome of Webb's plan to confront Sheng?
(a) Sheng will kill Webb.
(b) Webb will kill Sheng.
(c) Webb will torture Sheng.
(d) Webb will capture Sheng.
3. How did Sheng obtain the file McAllister says will ensure his safety at the meeting in the clearing?
(a) Sheng's men created a fake file to present as the real one.
(b) Havilland is a double agent and turned it over.
(c) One of his men stole it from the Victoria Peak mansion.
(d) None of the above.
4. As he knows Webb is approaching, why is Conklin fearful after he puts Marie and Panov into a taxi?
(a) He knows Webb will never reconnect with Marie.
(b) He knows he can no longer predict Webb's actions.
(c) He knows exactly who Webb wants to kill.
(d) He knows Webb will kill him.
5. What covers are Webb and McAllister using to arrive by helicopter at the hospital?
(d) Janitorial staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Catherine Staples have a conversation in the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Why does Marie insist that her husband walk freely over to her right before the couple reunites?
3. After hearing that his airport plans have been destroyed, who does Sheng summon?
4. What is Havilland surprised to learn when Webb tells him about the trap set for him in Beijing?
5. As he drives toward Hong Kong and the Victoria Peak mansion, what does Webb plan to do when he arrives at the mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Staples' actions in the Victoria Peak mansion suggest about her character?
2. How does Webb convince Marie that it must be him to go on the mission to confront Sheng?
3. Why does d'Anjou bait Sheng to the point of his own execution on the night of the great blade?
4. Contrast Webb's character as Bourne with the man who reunites with Marie at the end of Chapter 32.
5. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
6. What steps did Lin take to uncover the traitor on his team?
7. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
8. Summarize McAllister's role in Webb's plan to confront Sheng.
9. Why does Webb not kill the impostor Bourne immediately?
10. How does Webb move forward with his plan to save Marie after escaping the trap set at the memorial hall?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)