|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Havilland and McAllister react upon hearing Conklin's news that Catherine Staples was gruesomely murdered outside of her home?
(a) Relieved it was not Marie.
(b) Relieved it was not Bourne.
(c) Upset it was not Sheng.
(d) Upset it was not Marie.
2. While they are wasting time at a restaurant between phone calls, what does Webb strictly warn McAllister against saying?
(a) Sheng will be victorious.
(b) The Frenchman gets on his nerves.
(c) Marie is still in danger.
(d) d'Anjou was his best friend.
3. What does Webb realize as he emerges from the trap set for him at the mausoleum?
(a) The CIA set the trap.
(b) Marie is unlikely to be found.
(c) d'Anjou is a double agent.
(d) d'Anjou is missing.
4. After Marie and Panov receive the news of Staples' murder, why does Conklin say he will not return to where they are hiding?
(a) He is afraid of being followed, which will uncover Marie.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He is guilty of being the traitor.
(d) He has to find out who murdered Staples.
5. After Conklin threatens to expose Havilland with information given to him by Marie and Panov, with what does Havilland threaten Conklin?
(a) Killing Bourne and framing Conklin.
(b) Killing Conklin and making it look like a suicide.
(c) Killing Marie and framing Conklin.
(d) Killing Conklin and framing Bourne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Webb decide is the best cover for when he initiates the phone call to Sheng?
2. As Webb and McAllister argue their plan to Havilland, what does McAllister warn Webb about if he fails to follow orders?
3. How does Webb feel after he and the impostor bail from the plane, land in the New Territories, and secure safe transportation?
4. How does Jitai help Marie after she leaves Staples' flat?
5. What does Havilland suggest to Staples at the mansion as the only solution to resolve how Sheng has taken control over Asia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing at the end of Chapter 30?
3. What is the significance of the meeting between Webb, all the men, and Marie at the opening of Chapter 33?
4. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
5. In Chapter 36, why does Sheng suspect the situation is not being handled by a professional?
6. How has Marie's character been reaffirmed in the scene reuniting her with her husband at the mansion?
7. What do Staples' actions in the Victoria Peak mansion suggest about her character?
8. How does Havilland convince Staples that giving up Marie is necessary?
9. What does Marie find strange about Staples' behavior as she awaits Catherine's return?
10. Contrast Webb's character as Bourne with the man who reunites with Marie at the end of Chapter 32.
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)