|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disguise does the impostor mimic from the Jackal while in Beijing?
(a) A priest
(b) A shop keeper.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A peddler.
2. Which of the following statements best describes Sheng on the night of the great blade?
(a) He is merciful to those who will join him.
(b) He justly kills those who broke the law.
(c) He is avenging the death of his father.
(d) He is a murderer and a zealot.
3. About what does Staples lie when she and Nelson meet at the Monkey Tree?
(a) Her past working relationship with McAllister.
(b) Having retained incriminating photos.
(c) Having connections to the CIA.
(d) Knowing Marie's whereabouts.
4. At the end of Chapter 30, what "signal" does Conklin see that prompts him to warn Panov to get Marie out of their hiding place immediately?
(a) He sees Havilland leaving the hospital in a rush.
(b) He is contacted by Sheng.
(c) He gets a phone call from Bourne.
(d) He learns McAllister is a traitor.
5. On the night of the great blade, what does the first woman prisoner reveal to the crowd about Sheng before she is executed?
(a) He will enslave common people if he is in power.
(b) He will force everyone to join his army.
(c) He will gain economic freedom for the poor.
(d) He will remove educational opportunities for the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they arrive in Beijing and tail this suspect to his hotel, who do Webb and d'Anjou learn Joseph Wadsworth is?
2. As McAllister sets up the planned meeting between himself and Sheng, what piece of information does McAllister share with Sheng that is intended to protect McAllister during the meeting?
3. What does Havilland hope will be the outcome of Webb's plan to confront Sheng?
4. Who does Marie contact after she has escaped from Staples' flat and checked into the Empress Hotel?
5. Before they flee, what does Webb plant on Sheng's body after he kills him in the clearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb move forward with his plan to save Marie after escaping the trap set at the memorial hall?
2. Which Webb/Bourne identity ultimately kills Sheng at the meeting in the clearing?
3. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
4. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
5. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
6. What does the reader see in Marie's character after she is informed of Staples' murder?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing at the end of Chapter 30?
8. How does Webb convince Marie that it must be him to go on the mission to confront Sheng?
9. Describe the change in perspective the reader is shown in McAllister's character in Chapter 35.
10. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)