|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing that his airport plans have been destroyed, who does Sheng summon?
(a) Catherine Staples.
(b) The impostor Bourne.
(c) Jason Webb.
(d) Raymond Havilland.
2. What language does Webb decide is the best cover for when he initiates the phone call to Sheng?
3. What does Havilland hope will be the outcome of Webb's plan to confront Sheng?
(a) Webb will capture Sheng.
(b) Sheng will kill Webb.
(c) Webb will torture Sheng.
(d) Webb will kill Sheng.
4. Who kills the impostor Bourne in the climactic scene at the mansion?
5. Which of the following statements best describes Sheng on the night of the great blade?
(a) He is avenging the death of his father.
(b) He is a murderer and a zealot.
(c) He is merciful to those who will join him.
(d) He justly kills those who broke the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. As McAllister sets up the planned meeting between himself and Sheng, what piece of information does McAllister share with Sheng that is intended to protect McAllister during the meeting?
2. What does the impostor Bourne spout to Webb after the men enter their hotel room in Kowloon?
3. As McAllister and Webb review the situation before proceeding into the hospital, what does McAllister know he can do to help Webb in his need to confront Sheng?
4. Who has d'Anjou learned will be the single, spectacular target of the impostor Bourne?
5. At the Jing Shan Sanctuary, how does d'Anjou leave a trail for Webb to follow as he and the other prisoners are led down a path?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
2. How does Webb convince Marie that it must be him to go on the mission to confront Sheng?
3. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
4. Why does Webb not kill the impostor Bourne immediately?
5. How does Webb move forward with his plan to save Marie after escaping the trap set at the memorial hall?
6. What does the reader see in Marie's character after she is informed of Staples' murder?
7. Describe the change in perspective the reader is shown in McAllister's character in Chapter 35.
8. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
9. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
10. How has Marie's character been reaffirmed in the scene reuniting her with her husband at the mansion?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)