|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Havilland explains to Webb why he had to trick him, how does Webb feel toward him?
(a) Webb fears Havilland.
(b) Webb forgives Havilland.
(c) Webb trusts Havilland.
(d) Webb does not trust Havilland.
2. After being injured outside the cinema, what does Lin announce to McAllister and Conklin when he staggers into the mansion?
(a) Dragonfly has contacted him.
(b) Dragonfly is cut off from Sheng.
(c) Dragonfly has reconnected with Sheng.
(d) Dragonfly has arrived in Beijing.
3. What does it seemingly prove to Marie when Lin reacts to her calling out "Delta" and "Carlos" to distract him from seeing Staples near the parking garage?
(a) Lin does not know the true story.
(b) Staples is an unreliable ally.
(c) The government is trying to help her.
(d) The government is involved.
4. Who does the Macau conduit, known as Wong during the mission to meet Sheng, tell Webb is following them?
(a) The Dog.
(c) Soo Jiang.
(d) Yao Ming.
5. While they are wasting time at a restaurant between phone calls, what does Webb strictly warn McAllister against saying?
(a) The Frenchman gets on his nerves.
(b) Sheng will be victorious.
(c) d'Anjou was his best friend.
(d) Marie is still in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers are Webb and McAllister using to arrive by helicopter at the hospital?
2. As McAllister sets up the planned meeting between himself and Sheng, what piece of information does McAllister share with Sheng that is intended to protect McAllister during the meeting?
3. Why does Webb choose the Guangdong hills as the meeting point for the upcoming "meeting" between Webb and McAllister?
4. How did Sheng obtain the file McAllister says will ensure his safety at the meeting in the clearing?
5. As Webb and McAllister argue their plan to Havilland, what does McAllister warn Webb about if he fails to follow orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Webb narrow down the possible avenues of attack on the target at the airport?
2. What is the significance of the meeting between Webb, all the men, and Marie at the opening of Chapter 33?
3. What does Panov suggest to Marie and Webb before he leaves to go home and attend to patients?
4. How has Marie's character been reaffirmed in the scene reuniting her with her husband at the mansion?
5. Why does d'Anjou bait Sheng to the point of his own execution on the night of the great blade?
6. What does the reader see in Marie's character after she is informed of Staples' murder?
7. Summarize the interaction between Nelson and Staples at their meeting at the opening of Chapter 17.
8. How does Havilland convince Staples that giving up Marie is necessary?
9. Why does Conklin refuse to surrender Marie until the traitor is found?
10. Describe Webb's initial interactions with the Macau conduit he follows outside of the casino.
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)