|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Staples hope to deal at the hotel when she arrives after rescuing Marie from Lin in the parking garage?
(a) The head concierge.
(b) The bellman.
(c) A chaueffer.
(d) The assistant manager.
2. After being injured outside the cinema, what does Lin announce to McAllister and Conklin when he staggers into the mansion?
(a) Dragonfly has reconnected with Sheng.
(b) Dragonfly has arrived in Beijing.
(c) Dragonfly has contacted him.
(d) Dragonfly is cut off from Sheng.
3. After Conklin threatens to expose Havilland with information given to him by Marie and Panov, with what does Havilland threaten Conklin?
(a) Killing Conklin and making it look like a suicide.
(b) Killing Marie and framing Conklin.
(c) Killing Bourne and framing Conklin.
(d) Killing Conklin and framing Bourne.
4. As he prepares to leave for Macau, why does Webb insist to his wife that it must be him to go after Sheng?
(a) Webb still has a death wish.
(b) Webb feels responsible for saving the country.
(c) Only by avenging d'Anjou can he be healed.
(d) Only by avenging d'Anjou can Asia be saved.
5. Why does Webb choose the Guangdong hills as the meeting point for the upcoming "meeting" between Webb and McAllister?
(a) This location is where Sheng used to meet the impostor.
(b) This location is where Sheng and Webb met once before.
(c) This location has good hiding coverage for Webb.
(d) This location is close to McAllister's current location.
6. Who has d'Anjou learned will be the single, spectacular target of the impostor Bourne?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Crown Governor.
(d) The Vice-Chairman elect.
7. Who does Marie contact after she has escaped from Staples' flat and checked into the Empress Hotel?
8. While searching for the men smoking cigarettes in the woods, who does Webb recognize?
(a) The man who has been attacking relatives of "Wong."
(b) The bartender from the Kam-pek casino.
(c) The executioner from the bird sanctuary.
(d) The false prisoner who tried to get information out of d'Anjou.
9. How did Sheng obtain the file McAllister says will ensure his safety at the meeting in the clearing?
(a) One of his men stole it from the Victoria Peak mansion.
(b) Havilland is a double agent and turned it over.
(c) Sheng's men created a fake file to present as the real one.
(d) None of the above.
10. How does Webb feel after he and the impostor bail from the plane, land in the New Territories, and secure safe transportation?
11. Which of the following statements best describes Sheng on the night of the great blade?
(a) He justly kills those who broke the law.
(b) He is avenging the death of his father.
(c) He is merciful to those who will join him.
(d) He is a murderer and a zealot.
12. What did the final prisoner reveal to Sheng about d'Anjou when he was released?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He is a liar and cannot be trusted.
(c) He knows nothing and should be returned to Kowloon as a show of mercy.
(d) He will never serve as an informant.
13. What is Havilland surprised to learn when Webb tells him about the trap set for him in Beijing?
(a) That the PRC knew about Webb.
(b) That the PRC trusts Webb.
(c) That the PRC did not attack Webb.
(d) That the PRC did not know about Webb.
14. After Staples is murdered outside her flat, what does Conklin order Richards to do?
(a) Locate McAllister.
(b) Relocate his position.
(c) Secure Marie.
(d) Confront Havilland.
15. With whom does Catherine Staples have a conversation in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Raymond Havilland.
(b) Edward McAllister.
(c) Jonathan Lewis.
(d) John Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Marie and Panov receive the news of Staples' murder, why does Conklin say he will not return to where they are hiding?
2. After driving out of the bird sanctuary with the impostor at the wheel, why does Webb decide to head to a local airport?
3. After hearing that his airport plans have been destroyed, who does Sheng summon?
4. On the night of the great blade, what does the first woman prisoner reveal to the crowd about Sheng before she is executed?
5. While they are wasting time at a restaurant between phone calls, what does Webb strictly warn McAllister against saying?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)