|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Webb decide is the best cover for when he initiates the phone call to Sheng?
2. While watching a Chinese plane refuel at the airport, what do Webb and the impostor agree to do when the two men supervising the refueling enter the plane?
(a) Rush the plane hatch.
(b) Blow up another plane.
(c) Sneak into the plane's cargo area.
(d) Remain hidden until the next plane.
3. Which of the following statements best describes Sheng on the night of the great blade?
(a) He is merciful to those who will join him.
(b) He is a murderer and a zealot.
(c) He is avenging the death of his father.
(d) He justly kills those who broke the law.
4. After the men in Victoria Peak hear the belated news about Staples' death, who does Havilland tell McAllister to check out further in order to determine who is betraying their plan?
(d) Staples' driver.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Havilland explain Webb's apparent sloppiness when he is traced?
(a) He claims Webb is extremely stressed, tired, and out of options.
(b) He claims Webb wants to be traced.
(c) He claims Webb has never been a good operative.
(d) He claims it is Webb's plan to find Marie.
6. After Staples is murdered outside her flat, what does Conklin order Richards to do?
(a) Locate McAllister.
(b) Confront Havilland.
(c) Relocate his position.
(d) Secure Marie.
7. While they are wasting time at a restaurant between phone calls, what does Webb strictly warn McAllister against saying?
(a) Marie is still in danger.
(b) Sheng will be victorious.
(c) The Frenchman gets on his nerves.
(d) d'Anjou was his best friend.
8. After Conklin threatens to expose Havilland with information given to him by Marie and Panov, with what does Havilland threaten Conklin?
(a) Killing Marie and framing Conklin.
(b) Killing Bourne and framing Conklin.
(c) Killing Conklin and framing Bourne.
(d) Killing Conklin and making it look like a suicide.
9. What did the final prisoner reveal to Sheng about d'Anjou when he was released?
(a) He will never serve as an informant.
(b) He knows nothing and should be returned to Kowloon as a show of mercy.
(c) He is a liar and cannot be trusted.
(d) None of the above.
10. About what does Staples lie when she and Nelson meet at the Monkey Tree?
(a) Having retained incriminating photos.
(b) Having connections to the CIA.
(c) Her past working relationship with McAllister.
(d) Knowing Marie's whereabouts.
11. After Marie and Panov receive the news of Staples' murder, why does Conklin say he will not return to where they are hiding?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He is guilty of being the traitor.
(c) He has to find out who murdered Staples.
(d) He is afraid of being followed, which will uncover Marie.
12. After driving out of the bird sanctuary with the impostor at the wheel, why does Webb decide to head to a local airport?
(a) He does not want to sit in the car with the impostor for many hours.
(b) They will waste too much time driving to Shanghai.
(c) They do not have money for gas.
(d) There are no dangers along the road to Shanghai.
13. As McAllister sets up the planned meeting between himself and Sheng, what piece of information does McAllister share with Sheng that is intended to protect McAllister during the meeting?
(a) A special operative team will be monitoring the meeting closely.
(b) He has a file on Sheng in Washington which will be released if anything happens to him.
(c) He is bringing two highly trained body guards with him for protection.
(d) He, himself, is a highly trained agent with the ability to protect himself.
14. Before going to the casino, what do McAllister and Webb obtain from their visit back to d'Anjou's flat?
15. What does McAllister reveal to Havilland just before the limo explodes on the news coverage?
(a) The PRC delegates are the targets.
(b) The Crown Governor is the target.
(c) Bourne has been sighted at the airport.
(d) Sheng has arrived at the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disguise does the impostor mimic from the Jackal while in Beijing?
2. Who kills the impostor Bourne in the climactic scene at the mansion?
3. After the men leave the helicopter, what does Webb claim he and Conklin suspected from the start of this whole mission?
4. While Webb and McAllister are setting the plan into action, what does Sheng suspect as he is informed of the events at Jade Tower?
5. What does Staples agree to do after her open talk with Havilland in the Victoria Peak mansion?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)