|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it seemingly prove to Marie when Lin reacts to her calling out "Delta" and "Carlos" to distract him from seeing Staples near the parking garage?
(a) The government is involved.
(b) The government is trying to help her.
(c) Staples is an unreliable ally.
(d) Lin does not know the true story.
2. While devising their plan to uncover the traitor, how does Havilland attempt to force Conklin to turn in Marie?
(a) Tells him Marie must be there when Bourne calls or he will lose his job.
(b) Tells him Marie must be there when Bourne calls or Staples will not be avenged.
(c) Tells him Marie must be there when Bourne calls or McAllister will die.
(d) Tells him Marie must be there when Bourne calls or all will be lost.
3. After the men leave the helicopter, what does Webb claim he and Conklin suspected from the start of this whole mission?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A covert scenario.
(c) Marie would always be safe.
(d) Sheng's father was wanted by the United States.
4. As he prepares to leave for Macau, why does Webb insist to his wife that it must be him to go after Sheng?
(a) Webb still has a death wish.
(b) Only by avenging d'Anjou can he be healed.
(c) Webb feels responsible for saving the country.
(d) Only by avenging d'Anjou can Asia be saved.
5. How does Webb feel after he and the impostor bail from the plane, land in the New Territories, and secure safe transportation?
6. After the men in Victoria Peak hear the belated news about Staples' death, who does Havilland tell McAllister to check out further in order to determine who is betraying their plan?
(d) Staples' driver.
7. What does Webb reveal to his alter-ego, the impostor Bourne, as they escape from the bird sanctuary?
(a) Webb knows the whole story and may keep him alive.
(b) Webb knows the role the impostor has played and will kill him.
(c) Webb is enraged at him and will kill him.
(d) Webb knows where Marie is and will spare him.
8. With whom does Catherine Staples have a conversation in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Jonathan Lewis.
(b) Raymond Havilland.
(c) Edward McAllister.
(d) John Nelson.
9. While watching a Chinese plane refuel at the airport, what do Webb and the impostor agree to do when the two men supervising the refueling enter the plane?
(a) Blow up another plane.
(b) Rush the plane hatch.
(c) Sneak into the plane's cargo area.
(d) Remain hidden until the next plane.
10. What does Sheng lecture to McAllister as the men talk in the clearing in the helicopter spotlight?
(a) How he regrets his actions and killings, and wishes to flee Asia.
(b) How his empire should not be ruled by egalitarians and liars.
(c) How he plans to capture and kill both Webbs.
(d) How badly designed a plan McAllister had.
11. Why does Webb choose the Guangdong hills as the meeting point for the upcoming "meeting" between Webb and McAllister?
(a) This location has good hiding coverage for Webb.
(b) This location is where Sheng used to meet the impostor.
(c) This location is close to McAllister's current location.
(d) This location is where Sheng and Webb met once before.
12. While Webb and McAllister are setting the plan into action, what does Sheng suspect as he is informed of the events at Jade Tower?
(a) They are dealing with a religious zealot.
(b) They are dealing with someone inexperienced.
(c) They are dealing with a maniac.
(d) They are dealing with someone highly trained.
13. After they arrive in Beijing and tail this suspect to his hotel, who do Webb and d'Anjou learn Joseph Wadsworth is?
(a) A veteran Marine.
(b) A retired MI6 agent.
(c) A veteran of El Alamein.
(d) A former CIA operative.
14. Who has d'Anjou learned will be the single, spectacular target of the impostor Bourne?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Vice-Chairman elect.
(d) The Crown Governor.
15. Which two characters work on editing the dead assassin's profile as Webb prepares to leave for Macau?
(a) Panov and Marie.
(b) Conklin and Panov.
(c) McAllister and Panov.
(d) Webb and McAllister.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he drives toward Hong Kong and the Victoria Peak mansion, what does Webb plan to do when he arrives at the mansion?
2. What language does Webb decide is the best cover for when he initiates the phone call to Sheng?
3. Who kills the impostor Bourne in the climactic scene at the mansion?
4. For what does Webb visually inspect near the speakers' microphones at the airport?
5. What disguise does the impostor mimic from the Jackal while in Beijing?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)