|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yao Ming, the large Asian, call the shooting at Liang?
(a) A squabble.
(b) A ruse.
(c) A misunderstanding.
(d) A conspiracy.
2. After leaving the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, where do Marie and Catherine Staples go?
(a) Staples' home.
(b) A museum.
(c) For a drive around the city.
(d) A restaurant.
3. According to the text, why does it seem David Webb trusts no one?
(a) Webb believes Carlos the Jackal is after him.
(b) Webb believes Sheng Chou Yang is an assassin.
(c) Webb believes Edward McAllister is an assassin.
(d) Webb believes the National Security Council is after him.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Havilland reveal to McAllister about Sheng Chou Yang?
(a) Sheng is a Buddhist zealot.
(b) Sheng is a Nationalist zealot.
(c) Sheng is a Socialist zealot.
(d) Sheng is a Communist zealot.
5. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
(a) Where is Carlos?
(b) Who is Carlos?
(c) A friend of Carlos.
(d) No friend of Carlos.
6. Using his expertise, what does Webb examine at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The gun and the bedroom.
(b) The ransom note and gun.
(c) The bloody door and gun.
(d) The bloody door and ransom note.
7. What does the calligraphy on the green van read?
(a) Chesapeake Bird Sanctuary.
(b) Chutang Bird Sanctuary.
(c) Macau Bird Sanctuary.
(d) Hong Kong Animal Rescue.
8. For what is "Delta" is a codename?
(a) The PRC.
9. In preparation for his trip to Kowloon, to what location does Webb wire money?
(c) The Cayman Islands.
(d) Hong Kong.
10. Where does Marie stay while Staples is investigating McAllister's story in Chapter 15?
(a) Staples' flat.
(b) A warehouse.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) Staples' office.
11. To what does the term Zhongguo ren refer?
(a) A bodyguard.
(b) A citizen.
(c) A prime minister.
(d) A priest.
12. Who is Raymond Havilland?
(a) A U.S. ambassador.
(b) A member of the PRC.
(c) A member of the NSC.
(d) A State Department colleague.
13. Who is Catherine Staples?
(a) A corporate executive officer.
(b) A senior national officer.
(c) A junior secret agent.
(d) A senior foreign officer.
14. What does Webb encourage Pak-fei to do after their visit with Wu Song?
(a) Take his family on a drive and go out to dinner.
(b) Take his family on a boating trip.
(c) Move his family out of the country.
(d) Get his family to a safe hotel.
15. What does Bourne notice is strange about the guard near the campfire who is watching the woods?
(a) He looks American.
(b) He is too tall to be Chinese.
(c) He is dirty and not in a PRC uniform.
(d) His uniform is too pristine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does the assassin arrive at the cabaret?
2. As of Chapter 2, how are U.S. officials within the secure government building planning to use Bourne?
3. After a prostitute hands Webb's note from the Kam-pek casino to a man who Webb then subdues in an alley, who does the man reveal he is to meet the next night?
4. Why does Yao Ming claim to have kidnapped Marie?
5. After Webb's first meeting with McAllister, which two characters are determined to be the most likely to be able to reach Webb?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)