|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
(a) A friend of Carlos.
(b) Who is Carlos?
(c) Where is Carlos?
(d) No friend of Carlos.
2. While in Conklin's apartment, what do Conklin and Webb work on together?
(a) Going to the State Department.
(b) Locating Edward McAllister.
(c) A plan to rescue Marie.
(d) A plan to confuse the conspirators.
3. Where does Marie stay while Staples is investigating McAllister's story in Chapter 15?
(a) Staples' flat.
(b) Staples' office.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A hotel room.
4. What does Webb try to prevent Assistant Hotel Manager Liang from doing?
(a) Making a phone call.
(b) Moving his room assignment.
(c) Reporting him to the officials.
(d) Leaving the hotel.
5. What name does Webb use when he arrives at the hotel?
(a) Jason Bourne.
(b) William Cruett.
(c) Howard Cruett.
(d) Edward McAllister.
6. After Panov calms Webb down, what does the State Department tellPanov?
(a) Marie is being held captive in Burma.
(b) Webb has been pestering the department.
(c) Webb has visited the department.
(d) Webb is being targeted for murder.
7. While at the football game, what does Marie suggest Webb do?
(a) Call Panov.
(b) Call McAllister.
(c) Watch the football game.
(d) Return home to grade papers.
8. Which character is at the hospital conversing with the doctor and returns to the room after learning Marie has escaped?
(d) Yao Ming.
9. After he arrives by train in Kowloon, what does Webb discover the impostor Bourne has that matches something old of Webb's?
(a) An old birth certificate.
(b) An old ID card.
(c) An old visa.
(d) An old passport.
10. When McAllister and his wife cannot be located in Chapter 4, about what does Webb want answers?
(a) Harry Babcock.
11. What does Ballantyne reveal to Staples about the story McAllister has told Staples?
(a) The story is actually worse than he described.
(b) The story is meant to protect Webb.
(c) The story is partially true.
(d) The story is all lies.
12. How does the character Cactus aid Webb?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Photographing Webb in several suits.
(c) Giving him various "looks."
(d) Preparing aged documents.
13. Who is Raymond Havilland?
(a) A U.S. ambassador.
(b) A member of the PRC.
(c) A member of the NSC.
(d) A State Department colleague.
14. What links the taipan (with whom Webb meets) and Major Lin Wenzu?
(a) A Rolex and cufflinks.
(b) Designer shoes.
(c) An expensive suit.
(d) A diamond ring.
15. What does McAllister learn from Lin about Marie's physical status?
(a) Marie is having panic attacks.
(b) Marie is suffering from seizures and memory lapses.
(c) Marie is in a coma.
(d) Marie is being aggressive toward her captors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When on the radio, what does Marie encourage Webb to do?
2. While on his anticipated phone call in Chapter 7, what is said to Conklin?
3. What news does McAllister receive in the opening scene of Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 2, the United States learns that Sheng is planning something. What is it that Sheng is planning?
5. After leaving the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, where do Marie and Catherine Staples go?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)