|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marie's cover to the American couple in the arcade?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A tour guide.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A journalist.
2. Which of the following characters is an Orient Specialist working for the U.S. State Department?
(a) Edward McAllister.
(b) John Webb.
(c) Raymond Havilland.
(d) John Reilly.
3. Which of the following characters senses something is wrong during the conversation between Webb and McAllister?
(c) Yao Ming.
4. Where does Marie stay while Staples is investigating McAllister's story in Chapter 15?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) Staples' office.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) Staples' flat.
5. What is written on the note Webb leaves on the Kam-pek casino table?
(a) A friend of Carlos.
(b) Where is Carlos?
(c) No friend of Carlos.
(d) Who is Carlos?
6. What does Marie take from the hospital guard?
(a) Traveler's checks and a gun.
(b) Identification and a credit card.
(c) Money and a passport.
(d) Money and a credit card.
7. With what does Webb threaten the taipan if he fails to allow Webb to speak with Marie if Webb captures the impostor Bourne?
(a) Webb threatens to kill the impostor Bourne.
(b) Webb threatens to turn the impostor Bourne over to the U.S. government.
(c) Webb threatens to turn the impostor Bourne over to the Hong Kong officials.
(d) Webb threatens to expose his government's secret operation.
8. After learning his guards are leaving, which of the following is not found by Webb when he arrives home?
(a) A bloody handprint.
(b) A ransom note.
(c) A shotgun ambush.
(d) A discharged gun.
9. What links the taipan (with whom Webb meets) and Major Lin Wenzu?
(a) Designer shoes.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A Rolex and cufflinks.
(d) An expensive suit.
10. After Webb and Panov discuss the information Webb has collected while speaking with agents on the phone, what do both Webb and Panov believe about the situation?
(a) That Webb is being "recruited" again.
(b) That Webb needs to relax.
(c) That Webb will rescue Marie.
(d) That Webb will lose his teaching job.
11. What does Bourne recall as he anticipates attacking the men at the campfire?
(a) His floating dead family members.
(b) A bloody handprint.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A bloody river.
12. To aid in his cover, from where does Bourne pretend to be when he enters the city of Macau?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. How does Marie entice the hospital guard to create conflict?
(a) Marie calls him into the bathroom.
(b) Marie shouts that the guard attacked her.
(c) Marie calls in a hospital adminstrator.
(d) Marie situates herself in a compromising position.
14. Which of the following helps Webb locate the taipan with whom he is supposed to meet?
(a) A caricature whore.
(b) Guards holding radios.
(c) All of the above.
(d) An out-of-breath Chinese man in a business suit.
15. While in his office in Chapter 3, what does Webb experience?
(a) A flashback.
(b) A split in his personality.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) An anxiety attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does the assassin arrive at the cabaret?
2. After being dragged into the woods, how does the third contact feel about his fate with Webb?
3. What is the setting of the opening of Chapter 13?
4. As Marie realizes the government is behind Webb's recruitment, how does she feel?
5. While at the football game, about what does Webb complain?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)