|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Florence feel as she leaves the town at the end of the book?
2. What does Florence sell to repay the loan?
(a) Her gold clasp.
(b) Her copy of Lolita.
(c) Her remaining stock.
(d) Her heirloom jewelry.
3. Where has Florence gone for the day?
(a) House of Lords.
(d) Saxford Tye.
4. In Chapter 8, what would shake Florence's sense of security if she stopped to think about her surroundings?
(a) Mrs. Gamart's sudden friendliness.
(b) Milo North's frequent shop visits.
(c) Mr. Raven's hostility.
(d) Hostility from her alliances.
5. What is the center of the discussion at tea with Mr. Brundish?
(a) The bookshop's finances.
(d) The rapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which church does Florence attend?
2. What happens to the complaint filed concerning the display window?
3. At the end of the book, for how many years has Florence lived in Hardborough?
4. What is Florence's final word to Mr. Thornton?
5. What is the brand name of the paraffin heater?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Florence feel relief when the Old Shop is first requisitioned? Give supporting details.
2. How does Florence treat Mrs. Gamart during her visit?
3. How did Milo betray Florence when she went to pick up new orders in Flintmarket?
4. What are Florence's feelings as she boards the bus?
5. What is Mrs. Gipping's main concern over Christine's eleven-plus exam results?
6. At what particular times during the year does Milo think that Mrs Gamart wants him to manage any new arts centre?
7. What is the real reason that Christine would rather have money from Florence as a parting gift rather than a cardigan?
8. What is Florence's main priority after the chaos with Mrs. Gamart?
9. What happens on a the first really cold evening of September? How does this affect the relationship between Florence and Christine?
10. How does Christine embarrass Mrs. Gamart? Why is Christine upset?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)