|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the complaint filed concerning the display window?
(a) It is dropped.
(b) It is ruled unconstitutional.
(c) It goes to court.
(d) It is ammended.
2. How does Florence feel as she leaves the town at the end of the book?
3. What does Milo North predict for The Bookshop?
(a) It will win Mrs. Gamart's favor.
(b) It will prosper.
(c) It will be remodeled.
(d) It will soon close.
4. Who does Mr. Brundish visit at The Stead?
(a) Mrs. Gamart.
(b) Mr. Brundish.
(c) Milo North.
(d) Florence Green.
5. In what year and season is The Bookshop closed?
(a) Winter, 1960.
(b) Summer, 1960.
(c) Spring, 1960.
Short Answer Questions
1. After calculating her profits from the sale of Lolita during the first week of December, which word describes Florence's feelings?
2. What is the name of the fancy dress costume?
3. Who carries Florence's heavy luggage?
4. How much profit does Florence make during the first week of December from Lolita?
5. What happens during tea at the Old House in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 10, Mr. Brundish visits Violet Gamart. How does the reader know that this visit is extremely important to him?
2. What is the real reason that Christine would rather have money from Florence as a parting gift rather than a cardigan?
3. Besides offering to help Christine with her exam, how does Florence show concern for Christine in this chapter?
4. How did Milo betray Florence when she went to pick up new orders in Flintmarket?
5. Why are Florence and Mr. Thornton communicating by letters in Chapter 8?
6. What are Florence's feelings as she boards the bus?
7. What is Florence's main priority after the chaos with Mrs. Gamart?
8. How does the passage of the Private Members Bill affect Florence?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 6, why does Florence feel that it would be in Christine's best interest to quit her job at the shop? Why does Florence not ask her to leave?
10. For what reasons does Milo North feel that Florence has not yet placed the novel Lolita in her shop? Are his reasons valid? Support your answer with details.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)