|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having tea at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Florence Green and Violet Gamart.
(b) Florence Green and Milo North.
(c) Florence Green and Christine.
(d) Florence Green and Mr. Raven.
2. Who is Salome?
(a) Florence's new pet.
(b) Christine's dance teacher.
(c) Christine's dance character.
(d) Christine's dance partner.
3. Who inspects the Old House?
(a) John Gipping.
(b) Mr. Keble.
(c) General Gamart.
(d) Mr. Raven.
4. Who falls over in the street and dies?
(a) Mrs. Gamart.
(c) Mr. Keble.
(d) Mr. Brundish.
5. According to Florence, whom should Milo marry?
(d) Mrs. Gipping's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. After calculating her profits from the sale of Lolita during the first week of December, which word describes Florence's feelings?
2. Who carries Florence's heavy luggage?
3. Who walks in while the temporary help is reading?
4. Who houses the artwork that is taken from the Old House Bookshop?
5. What does Milo North predict for The Bookshop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides offering to help Christine with her exam, how does Florence show concern for Christine in this chapter?
2. List three suggestions that Mr. Thornton gives Florence.
3. What are Florence's feelings as she boards the bus?
4. How does Christine embarrass Mrs. Gamart? Why is Christine upset?
5. How did Milo betray Florence when she went to pick up new orders in Flintmarket?
6. How does Florence treat Mrs. Gamart during her visit?
7. Why are Florence and Mr. Thornton communicating by letters in Chapter 8?
8. What is Florence's main priority after the chaos with Mrs. Gamart?
9. For what reasons does Milo North feel that Florence has not yet placed the novel Lolita in her shop? Are his reasons valid? Support your answer with details.
10. What bit of information about the shop does Milo divulge to Christine? How might Christine truly feel about this news?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)